collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England  (Read 156937 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Ezri Konsa - signed
« Reply #1230 on: March 13, 2024, 01:08:55 PM »
Of course some players may feel a little tired and jaded. Emery himself has said in pressers that some players have been tired, it happens. They're not robots.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1231 on: March 13, 2024, 01:13:43 PM »
There's still everything physically and mentally required to play in 40 games. I haven't blamed tiredness, just pointing out they are playing in a lot of games.

Playing 10 minutes as a sub is nothing like playing 90 full minutes, whatsoever.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1232 on: March 13, 2024, 01:19:31 PM »
Considering I haven't blamed tiredness I don't really care. They've still played in a lot of games though however you want to put it.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1233 on: March 13, 2024, 01:24:13 PM »
Well, thanks for popping back for that useful insight then.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1234 on: March 13, 2024, 01:27:10 PM »
Any time, you make it such a pleasant experiance.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1235 on: March 13, 2024, 01:32:27 PM »
They look tired at times, that's the point. Whether you think they should, or shouldn't, be, they look it. I think the mental fatigue of both concentrating on games, taking in the tactical information and the expectation that's building, it all has an impact.

Just look at the carnage on here after a defeat; players are shite, manager accused of fucking it all up, we're never going to do anything, we'll capitulate and drop like a stone, and people accusing each other of all sorts. Imagine being in the middle of all that as a player too. Trying to focus and do your best.

There are plenty on here who have successful careers, can seemingly hold it together for that, yet completely lose this fucking shit at the slightest hint of things going wrong. The players aren't immune to it, they are human after all. When they are out and about, when they do press and media stuff, it's all pressure and it's why you very rarely get a team that sails through it all; especially those who aren't used to it.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1236 on: March 13, 2024, 01:33:45 PM »
The atmosphere on Sunday was really tense, and that's translates to the pitch, whether you think it should or not.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1237 on: March 13, 2024, 01:40:58 PM »
Frankly, I知 getting quite tired of this whole tiredness debate.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1238 on: March 13, 2024, 01:45:35 PM »
Well summed up Drummond and I echo many of your thoughts.

Offline Forge10

« Reply #1239 on: March 13, 2024, 01:51:45 PM »
They look tired at times, that's the point. Whether you think they should, or shouldn't, be, they look it. I think the mental fatigue of both concentrating on games, taking in the tactical information and the expectation that's building, it all has an impact.

Just look at the carnage on here after a defeat; players are shite, manager accused of fucking it all up, we're never going to do anything, we'll capitulate and drop like a stone, and people accusing each other of all sorts. Imagine being in the middle of all that as a player too. Trying to focus and do your best.

There are plenty on here who have successful careers, can seemingly hold it together for that, yet completely lose this fucking shit at the slightest hint of things going wrong. The players aren't immune to it, they are human after all. When they are out and about, when they do press and media stuff, it's all pressure and it's why you very rarely get a team that sails through it all; especially those who aren't used to it.

Very true 🙏🏼 With that I知 going to sign out because since I signed back in things of gone a little pear shaped. Yup, I知 that superstitious or hugely paranoid. Let痴 do this 🙌🏼 Signing out UTV 🦁

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #1240 on: March 13, 2024, 01:56:50 PM »
Very true 🙏🏼 With that I知 going to sign out because since I signed back in things of gone a little pear shaped. Yup, I知 that superstitious or hugely paranoid. Let痴 do this 🙌🏼 Signing out UTV 🦁

Haha.

The bloke who sits next to me didn't come to the Spurs game. So someone else came and sat in his seat at half time. As soon as we conceded I thought it must be because he'd moved seats.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1241 on: March 13, 2024, 01:59:12 PM »
Any time, you make it such a pleasant experiance.

Scorchio!

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #1242 on: March 13, 2024, 02:20:17 PM »
We've had one European game since November and went out of the FA Cup at our usual piss poor early stage. This tiredness thing is a shit excuse.
I don't understand how you are so adamant that this is not a factor.

If you have played more matches than your opponents, during the same period of time, then it is a factor - how big or small this margin is does not mean it doesn't exist.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1243 on: March 13, 2024, 02:26:50 PM »
We've had one European game since November and went out of the FA Cup at our usual piss poor early stage. This tiredness thing is a shit excuse.

If you have played more matches than your opponents, during the same period of time, then it is a factor - how big or small this margin is does not mean it doesn't exist.

Most of our players haven't played more matches than our opponents though, that's the whole point.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #1244 on: March 13, 2024, 02:28:50 PM »

Most of our players haven't played more matches than our opponents though, that's the whole point.
I could have sworn the commentator said we had played 8 matches more than Spurs on Sunday?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal