collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England  (Read 156693 times)

Offline Villafirst

Re: Ezri Konsa - signed
« Reply #1155 on: February 12, 2024, 09:32:26 PM »
Rumours (hopefully unfounded) that Konsa's injury is worse than first diagnosed? UE stated a knee strain after the Sheffield United game and 3-4 weeks out. Some comments on social media that Ezri is in America? I don't know what to believe anymore, but these injuries are really hurting us, particularly in defence.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1156 on: February 12, 2024, 09:35:56 PM »
Thinking about it, what's a "knee strain"? A strain is a ligament or a muscle, yes? You can't strain a bone, can you?

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #1157 on: February 12, 2024, 10:01:56 PM »
He said SPRAIN not strain.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1158 on: February 16, 2024, 02:24:12 PM »
I've seen nothing about the extent of Ezri's injury, as yet?!

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1159 on: February 16, 2024, 02:26:40 PM »
He whacked it off the post didn't he?  Surely that's a knock rather than a tear etc.  It would be beyond a bloody joke if he was out long term. 

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1160 on: February 16, 2024, 02:33:38 PM »
The club were clearly worried about him as he seemingly had a second scan on the same day as Kamara.  The rumour was they feared it could be ACL, but fortunately it isn't.  What hasn't been confirmed is what it is.  My guess is he'll be out for quite a while.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1161 on: February 16, 2024, 02:43:30 PM »
The club were clearly worried about him as he seemingly had a second scan on the same day as Kamara.  The rumour was they feared it could be ACL, but fortunately it isn't.  What hasn't been confirmed is what it is.  My guess is he'll be out for quite a while.

As you mention, the rumour. It was a rumour he was being sent for a scan anyway the same day as Kamara. You don't wait a week for a scan like that (unless it was a two for one special deal). They stated the day or so after he had sprained his knee in the collision with the post and expect 4 weeks. So no need to update about a scan that didn't happen.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #1162 on: February 16, 2024, 02:50:08 PM »
They diagnosed Kamara’s ACL a few days after. Konsa was obviously scanned after the game and it showed a sprain which is what they told us. If Konsa had a severe knee injury we’d have heard about it the week after the game.
They said 4 weeks so we’ll see him in 8 but that’s been standard at the Villa for a while now.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1163 on: February 16, 2024, 03:37:09 PM »
The lack of info on Konsa when pretty much every other injury seems to have been discussed makes me nervous that the written journos will be giving us some bad news in their embargoed 10.30pm updates tonight

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1164 on: February 16, 2024, 03:46:54 PM »

As you mention, the rumour. It was a rumour he was being sent for a scan anyway the same day as Kamara. You don't wait a week for a scan like that (unless it was a two for one special deal). They stated the day or so after he had sprained his knee in the collision with the post and expect 4 weeks. So no need to update about a scan that didn't happen.
Well both Jacob Tanswell (Athletic) Dan Bardell (leave it) & the UTV podcaster guy confirmed that he was having a second scan that day and the club were very worried.  I think it's strange that people find it so hard to accept that info at face value.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #1165 on: February 16, 2024, 03:55:24 PM »

Well both Jacob Tanswell (Athletic) Dan Bardell (leave it) & the UTV podcaster guy confirmed that he was having a second scan that day and the club were very worried.  I think it's strange that people find it so hard to accept that info at face value.

Wasn’t aware of that so that is very worrying. His injury happened just in front of me and he didn’t appear to hit the post. I think he just landed badly after trying to get in the end of a cross. He walked off but isn’t that what Kamara did as well?

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1166 on: February 16, 2024, 04:00:30 PM »

Couldn't see anything on Jacob's Twitter or the other name who I had never heard of. However I saw there was a podcast with the two of them and even in that, the mysterious man stated he has heard rumours and nothing concrete in proof but Konsa blah blah blah. So doesn't seem much of a confirmation of any second scan unless you have different places they do "confirm" it?

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1167 on: February 16, 2024, 04:02:58 PM »
There hasn’t been a detailed update but one of the above sources said after scan it was not ACL.  No idea what the problem was, but if the info is correct the fact the club we’re worried makes you think whatever the problem was it may be a bit worse than we initially thought.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1168 on: February 16, 2024, 04:08:31 PM »

Couldn't see anything on Jacob's Twitter or the other name who I had never heard of. However I saw there was a podcast with the two of them and even in that, the mysterious man stated he has heard rumours and nothing concrete in proof but Konsa blah blah blah. So doesn't seem much of a confirmation of any second scan unless you have different places they do "confirm" it?
These two both have sources inside the club and were confident enough to say what they said on the podcast.  What are you after documentary evidence or a club statement?

Believe what you want, but outside of official channels you're unlikely to get much better info than from the likes of those two.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1169 on: February 16, 2024, 04:08:52 PM »
Wasn’t aware of that so that is very worrying. His injury happened just in front of me and he didn’t appear to hit the post. I think he just landed badly after trying to get in the end of a cross. He walked off but isn’t that what Kamara did as well?
He hit the post fairly hard with his knee!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal