collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 11:16:07 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England  (Read 156780 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Ezri Konsa - signed
« Reply #840 on: August 27, 2023, 10:30:19 PM »
Some lovely skills at times against Burnley, went past players like they weren’t there.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #841 on: August 27, 2023, 10:47:49 PM »
Some lovely skills at times against Burnley, went past players like they weren’t there.
Agreed - was seriously impressed by some of his play when he was going forward

Online Hillbilly

« Reply #842 on: September 01, 2023, 06:28:25 AM »
I know it's picking at old wounds and changes nothin but it should be noted for the record that Maguire getting into the England squad over Konsa is ludicrous.

Offline Chap

• http://www.chap23.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
« Reply #843 on: September 01, 2023, 07:41:25 AM »
I know it's picking at old wounds and changes nothin but it should be noted for the record that Maguire getting into the England squad over Konsa is ludicrous.
Maguire getting anywhere near the England squad is ludicrous!

Offline sid1964

« Reply #844 on: September 01, 2023, 07:44:57 AM »
Southgate obviously does not think he his good enough

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #845 on: September 01, 2023, 07:50:52 AM »
Southgate is pathetic picking Maguire and Phillips. No full appearances this season from either of them. How can they be match fit and fully up to speed? Also, a nonsense picking Henderson who now plays in a Mickey mouse league. England will never win anything with the clown Southgate in charge.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #846 on: September 01, 2023, 07:51:16 AM »
Southgate is pathetic picking Maguire and Phillips. No full appearances this season from either of them. How can they be match fit and fully up to speed? Also, a nonsense picking Henderson who now plays in a Mickey mouse league. England will never win anything with the clown Southgate in charge.

This.

Southgate is a moron.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #847 on: September 01, 2023, 09:41:21 AM »
Southgate obviously does not think he his good enough

He seems to think a lot of players are not good enough until they are signed by a "big" club. Then they are un-droppable no matter current form or even if picked. Last season Phillips played more minutes for England then he did for Man City. Looks like the same this season being as he is in the squad again.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #848 on: September 01, 2023, 09:43:31 AM »

This.

Southgate is a moron.
Yep.
Total twat.

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #849 on: September 01, 2023, 12:05:06 PM »

I’m not that bothered about England but I really think Southgate is abysmal. Those two easy runs to semi finals have really cut him a lot of slack with some very poor tactics and squad selections. Nketiah ahead of Watkins, Henderson ahead of ward prowse, and Maguire ahead of about 5 better centre backs are all shocking choices

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #850 on: September 01, 2023, 12:08:28 PM »

I’m not that bothered about England but I really think Southgate is abysmal. Those two easy runs to semi finals have really cut him a lot of slack with some very poor tactics and squad selections. Nketiah ahead of Watkins, Henderson ahead of ward prowse, and Maguire ahead of about 5 better centre backs are all shocking choices

Yep. Of course with the strength in depth we have, there's about zero chance of us failing to qualify thus giving Southgate his justification.

We will then fail to win the thing, for all the reasons being highlighted, and we're back to square one.

Being England manager has always been a thankless task, but Southgate is falling into the same trap as his predecessors, which is disappointing as he seemed to be different when he first took over, giving lots of players a chance.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #851 on: September 01, 2023, 12:16:51 PM »
I'm not bothered about England either way but they got to those semis despite Southgate not because of him.  Konsa and Watkins must be disappointed but they'll benefit more at Bodymoor than spending a week in Burton getting tapped up by some Manchester/London-based arseholes.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #852 on: September 01, 2023, 12:16:58 PM »

He gets away with it because results are good.  While that remains the case he can justify his decisions and stick two fingers up at any criticism. England will beat Ukraine.  They'd beat them with Maguire, Phillips and Henderson starting.  Everyone knows they shouldn't be in the squad but the result will prove Southgate is right.  He isn't.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #853 on: September 01, 2023, 12:20:31 PM »
I can understand him picking Maguire as he's rarely let England down. Henderson and Phillips are the ones that make a lot less sense to me.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #854 on: September 01, 2023, 12:25:38 PM »
As Drummond says, there's no chance of us ever failing to qualify. Southgate is lucky enough to have one of England's best ever strikers, and talent like Bellingham, Foden, Rice and Saka who would get into any side in the world. So for 90% of the time, it doesn't really matter who he picks around them. We're always going to be good enough to spank the likes of Estonia in qualifying stages, and to get through the group stages in finals against non-entity minnows like Latvia and Scotland. Where it matters is in the later stages from quarter finals onwards, and here we've suffered from Southgate's lack of bottle in both selections and tactics.

You could pick any lower Premier League/upper Championship standard English manager to replace Southgate, and they'd do at least as well with this generation of players.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal