collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:40:29 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Forge10
[Today at 08:38:28 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by ASHTONVILLA
[Today at 08:37:36 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 08:37:32 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Skerra
[Today at 08:35:57 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Skerra
[Today at 08:33:49 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by dave.woodhall
[Today at 08:33:32 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Goldenballs
[Today at 08:31:36 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England  (Read 156702 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Ezri Konsa - signed
« Reply #735 on: August 21, 2022, 07:06:20 PM »
Chambers should be ahead of Konsa at the moment.
Roy Cropper should be ahead of Konsa at the moment

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #736 on: August 21, 2022, 07:07:13 PM »
Chambers should be ahead of Konsa at the moment.

Zaha certainly was.

Online Astnor

« Reply #737 on: August 21, 2022, 07:19:24 PM »
I m ok with Konsa, Had that miserable pass yesterday but seems steady and dont often loose man to man, ok positonal sense and can hold the ball and make a (simple) :) pass. Can score a goal and are a fighter. Have belief and can control the ball about just enough. Their first goal yesterday cause Cash had lost his man before Konsas run and did catch up with Zaha (that is fast). Konsa brings just about enough confidence IMO, the one to the right of him not so much for me. He s better with the ball playing out from behind than Mings and probl just in front of Chambers overall.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #738 on: August 22, 2022, 10:26:54 AM »
I m ok with Konsa, Had that miserable pass yesterday but seems steady and dont often loose man to man, ok positonal sense and can hold the ball and make a (simple) :) pass. Can score a goal and are a fighter. Have belief and can control the ball about just enough. Their first goal yesterday cause Cash had lost his man before Konsas run and did catch up with Zaha (that is fast). Konsa brings just about enough confidence IMO, the one to the right of him not so much for me. He s better with the ball playing out from behind than Mings and probl just in front of Chambers overall.

He was that for a few months in empty stadiums. He's been a liability for a year now, he's like a shadow defender, you can see him but it has no effect on the opposition.

He's not, and has never been better with the ball at his feet, than either Mings or especially Chambers, who last season scored with a wonderful finish at Leeds and played probably the pass of the season with the outside of his right foot against Southampton.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #739 on: August 22, 2022, 10:47:07 AM »

He was that for a few months in empty stadiums. He's been a liability for a year now, he's like a shadow defender, you can see him but it has no effect on the opposition.

He's not, and has never been better with the ball at his feet, than either Mings or especially Chambers, who last season scored with a wonderful finish at Leeds and played probably the pass of the season with the outside of his right foot against Southampton.

When Grealish was at his best, he directly made the likes of Watkins look better, but also indirectly made it easier for the rest of the team as well. Teams were shit scared of him so they'd often double up on him, meaning we had more time and space on the ball. This helped people like McGinn and also the defence.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #740 on: August 22, 2022, 11:02:59 AM »

When Grealish was at his best, he directly made the likes of Watkins look better, but also indirectly made it easier for the rest of the team as well. Teams were shit scared of him so they'd often double up on him, meaning we had more time and space on the ball. This helped people like McGinn and also the defence.
SaInt Maxim was having the same effect against Citeh, his running with the ball completely messed up their defensive lines.

Online Astnor

« Reply #741 on: August 22, 2022, 04:38:44 PM »

My point being that better he is than Mings in playing out from the back cause Mings - in contrast to Konsa, hoof the ball under pressure and our build up play break down more often than not as a consequense. Better than Chambers OVERALL - thats probl why he gets the nod ahead of him (though not much between the two IMO).

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #742 on: August 22, 2022, 04:41:20 PM »

My point being that better he is than Mings in playing out from the back cause Mings - in contrast to Konsa, hoof the ball under pressure and our build up play break down more often than not as a consequense. Better than Chambers OVERALL - thats probl why he gets the nod ahead of him (though not much between the two IMO).

He hardly ever brings the ball out ...its always to Mings/Cash or Emi..???

Online Astnor

« Reply #743 on: August 22, 2022, 04:43:35 PM »

He hardly ever brings the ball out ...its always to Mings/Cash or Emi..???
That is probl right, BUT we KEEP THE BALL :)

Offline achilles

« Reply #744 on: September 10, 2022, 12:43:29 AM »
Surprised that nobody has mentioned how badly out of position Konsa was for Man City's goal, he had no idea where he was or more to the point where Haaland was and then to appeal for offside when Haaland scored just capped it off!

Offline nigel

« Reply #745 on: September 10, 2022, 08:31:03 PM »
Surprised that nobody has mentioned how badly out of position Konsa was for Man City's goal, he had no idea where he was or more to the point where Haaland was and then to appeal for offside when Haaland scored just capped it off!

Haaland has a habit of losing top drawer international players, so I wouldn’t be too harsh on Ezri.

Let’s just accept we were undone by two world class players

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #746 on: September 10, 2022, 08:36:47 PM »
Maybe even two of the best players in the world right now.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #747 on: September 10, 2022, 10:50:17 PM »
Maybe even two of the best players in the world right now.

No “maybe” about that.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #748 on: September 11, 2022, 03:13:48 AM »
I said as much in the post-match thread, Ezri could have done better, but equally so should have McGinn in tracking De Bruyne in the first place.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #749 on: September 11, 2022, 09:20:23 AM »
I said as much in the post-match thread, Ezri could have done better, but equally so should have McGinn in tracking De Bruyne in the first place.

It was Silvas short pass to De Bruyne before his cross, McGinn literally wandered over to Silva, no sense of urgency or even the most basic closing down, i was moaning to my son about that in the few seconds before the cross and goal.
Like most i thought was a star 2 years ago and horribly off form for the second half of last season. I thought on the whole he was decent against West Ham and Man City.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal