collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Tickets 2019/20  (Read 169471 times)

Offline lukey27

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20
« Reply #540 on: July 09, 2019, 05:25:59 PM »
I was in the waiting list for the extra 2000 that were released today and managed to get two together in the Lower Holte.

Do they keep tickets back in each stand for matchday sales, because at this rate any non-season ticket holder will really struggle to get any ticket at all in the Holte week to week next year.

The thought for me of not being able to get a ticket in the Holte was a driving force in me getting a season ticket. I stood with my dad in the Holte when first coming to watch the Villa and had a season ticket for 15+ years in the stand but circumstance and becoming a dad myself had meant I have just been going to 10 odd games a season for the last four [but always the Holte End]

Considering they have different matchday prices, for all stands, it would be a real shame if people on an individual match basis only essentially have the choice of two side stands and not have the opportunity to sit in the Holte End [if this is where they wanted to sit].

Offline KRS

« Reply #541 on: July 09, 2019, 05:29:42 PM »
As a non-ST holder, are any of the stands looking completely sold out with STs at this point?

I have a claret membership but I'm wondering if I'll be able to get into the Holte this season.
There's still quite a few left on the Hote
k3 - 57
K4 - 32
K5 - 42
K2 & K6 - both over 80
scattering of seats in the lower too.
Are they likely to allow the Holte to completely sell out to season ticket holders or hold back a few thousand seats for those who can't commit to a season ticket? I'll be getting claret membership but would be nice to know that I have at least some chance of getting a seat in the Holte.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #542 on: July 09, 2019, 09:28:05 PM »
There's no way there will be a few thousand general sale seats in the Holte.  Right now the ground map is showing 220 left in the lower and 320 in the upper.  Loads left in the upper Trinity.

The waiting list page is showing 635 more season tickets available for purchase in total.  It was showing c1,180 when the first waiting list allocation was opened up and another 2,000 on the waiting list were allowed to buy from today (so the first 3,000 on the waiting list have had an opportunity to buy).   

I think the capping and creating the waiting list was excellent marketing by the club, I reckon it will have fuelled a lot of extra wavering renewals / new purchases.  I guess we'll just about get to the 30k cap (or thereabouts).

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #543 on: July 09, 2019, 09:36:05 PM »
Holte was pretty much sold out for every game after xmas last year.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #544 on: July 09, 2019, 11:31:22 PM »

I think the capping and creating the waiting list was excellent marketing by the club, I reckon it will have fuelled a lot of extra wavering renewals / new purchases.  I guess we'll just about get to the 30k cap (or thereabouts).
Yep. I think taking it for granted that you can get a ticket has gone out of the window, the fear of demand exceeding supply augmenting the brave new world of DS’s AV and a few players we genuinely love, together with a few life changes has certainly pushed me over the line.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #545 on: July 10, 2019, 01:17:03 AM »
Can someone explain how you buy and sell unused season tickets

For the last couple of seasons, people in my area have just passed season cards around if they can't make games* and not asked for money. Only really works if you know people pretty well.

If there's an official re-sale system in place for this season, it'll be interesting to see if that continues. We're in a prime spot behind the dugout, so tickets should be popular online

(* apart from one bloke who only turns up for around half the matches. He never seems to pass his ticket on to anyone)

You could always get around the resale thing anyway.

When i couldn't make a game, I'd pass my ticket onto someone at work, more often that not by ringing the Ticket Office and asking for it be disabled for that game and a print at home ticket emailed to me instead.

Theoretically, I could (although it would have infinged terms and conditions) have flogged it.

None of which addresses your point, so I don't really know why i am blathering about it

I seem to remember the last time we had an official re-sale partner, the money you'd get for your seat was so piss poor, it was barely worth the hassle getting it listed.

According to the FAQ 1/23rd of the ST value if they sell:
https://www.avfc.co.uk/Tickets/season-tickets/season-tickets-faqs

Will I be able to sell my seat via a seat resale programme for games I cannot attend?
Supporters have the benefit of being able to sell their seat using the clubs seat resale programme for matches they are unable to attend.

Supporters can list tickets in advance and may receive 1/23rd of the cost of their season ticket back as a BACS payment subject to seat being resold.

More information will be communicated before the new season.

Which is a lot more helpful than the answer to the genuine question I had, eg before buying some stuff (glossing over the existential issue of what it is to *be* the ticket itself)

Are there any additional benefits to being a season ticket?

There are many additional benefits of being a season ticket holder for 2019/20.
Right, thanks for that.
Anyone able to fill in the detail? (and don’t just type yes ;)

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #546 on: July 10, 2019, 07:40:16 AM »
I apologise for “butting in” to this thread, but do we know when the season tickets are being sent out to us?

Alan

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #547 on: July 10, 2019, 08:09:26 AM »
I apologise for “butting in” to this thread, but do we know when the season tickets are being sent out to us?

Alan

If you had one last year, I think you just re-use the same card

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #548 on: July 10, 2019, 08:12:52 AM »

Alan

If you had one last year, I think you just re-use the same card

Unless you've moved seat

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #549 on: July 10, 2019, 10:22:20 AM »

Alan

"In July", was what I was told.

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #550 on: July 10, 2019, 01:16:19 PM »
Thank you all who replied. I renewed in February, and you don’t get any reassurance that everything is fine - and you do wonder. Computers and people are both fallible. It would appear that as I’m continuing in my old seat, my existing season ticket should work.

Alan

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #551 on: July 10, 2019, 01:45:45 PM »
I was one of those wavering  who renewed because of the ‘waiting list’.

I was just going to see how many games I actually got to this year (now that I live 130 miles away again) and get a season ticket again next year if it ended up being most of them.

I have now had to go the other way - get my season ticket this year and give it up next year if I am not really using it or it’s becoming a chore.

I was also previously working on the basis that we’ve always been able to get Wembley tickets for people on a 5 game booking history tops. With 30000 ST holders those days are gone!

Online andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #552 on: July 10, 2019, 02:00:33 PM »
Last year I was an away member and a home season ticket holder. I missed one away game and 3 home games. I would be certain there are new season ticket holders this year who have got tickets just to see the ‘Big Games’. How dare they use money to jump the queue for home tickets. Let’s hope the club strip them of their tickets if they miss a few games and then tarnish the rest of the ST holders with the same brush😉

Or maybe they'll offer the same scheme for re selling to away members that season ticket holders have?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #553 on: July 10, 2019, 02:41:39 PM »
Yes I can see the club doing that, maybe even sending stewards to eject them from their seats.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #554 on: July 10, 2019, 05:36:45 PM »
Last year I was an away member and a home season ticket holder. I missed one away game and 3 home games. I would be certain there are new season ticket holders this year who have got tickets just to see the ‘Big Games’. How dare they use money to jump the queue for home tickets. Let’s hope the club strip them of their tickets if they miss a few games and then tarnish the rest of the ST holders with the same brush😉

Or maybe they'll offer the same scheme for re selling to away members that season ticket holders have?
I see what you're getting at there.  There will never be a consensus on the away ticket scheme but for me having a 'closed shop' cannot possibly be the answer, however great it is for those locked in.  It's a different scenario if you're bagsying one of 42,000 seats as opposed to one of 2,000 seats.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal