collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Tickets 2019/20  (Read 169350 times)

Offline robbo1874

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20
« Reply #300 on: June 21, 2019, 09:07:26 AM »
I don’t remember demand for tickets exceeding supply, ever really being an issue in my supporting lifetime. This is a new one really, so haven’t given it a great deal of thought. But I do think it’s a good idea to limit the number of season tickets, or else people who can’t afford one are going to be excluded from going.

As I remember, we’d have crowds around 33-36k And then, there’d
be the ones where we could’ve sold 80k.

Couple of seasons like this and the case for adding extra capacity becomes quite strong. It’s a big risk though as everybody knows that there’s no crystal ball and no guarantees of staying in the prem, or the football / results retaining the extra crowds.

I’d like to see the north stand redeveloped, but wouldn’t be surprised, or too upset if it isn’t, which I think is more likely, unless we do solidly break into top 6 territory.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #301 on: June 21, 2019, 09:29:39 AM »
Are they doing the Claret Membership Schemes again  this season when are they on sale does anyone now.

I rang up the club and they said they haven’t made their minds up yet.

Thanks for that Mike.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #302 on: June 21, 2019, 04:33:35 PM »
Just spoken to Paul from the ticket office. You will not be able to relocate online.

Offline exigo

« Reply #303 on: June 21, 2019, 04:52:41 PM »
Are they doing the Claret Membership Schemes again  this season when are they on sale does anyone now.

I rang up the club and they said they haven’t made their minds up yet.

Thanks for that Mike.

They have now. Just announced.

Offline Davkaus

« Reply #304 on: June 21, 2019, 08:51:02 PM »
I absolutely hate it.

"Chuck us £35 and you can take your pick out of the big games without bothering to turn up to any others".

Offline frank black

« Reply #305 on: June 21, 2019, 09:13:16 PM »
Just been looking at a programme from 1986. Attendances of circa 16000 average and £1.50 ticket (kids) £3.00 adults. How times have changed.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #306 on: June 21, 2019, 09:58:19 PM »
With the club membership , can you purchase another couple of tickets with it if you don’t mind not assigning to other fan id’s  and having them against just mine ?

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #307 on: June 21, 2019, 10:08:10 PM »
With the club membership , can you purchase another couple of tickets with it if you don’t mind not assigning to other fan id’s  and having them against just mine ?

You can't jump the queue, no. You'll only be able to get extra tickets all on one reference once it goes to general sale. One qualifying reference = one ticket, member or season ticket holder or not.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #308 on: June 21, 2019, 10:48:21 PM »
This is amazing. These conversations we are having on here were unthinkable In February, yet here we are.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #309 on: June 21, 2019, 11:31:02 PM »
This is amazing. These conversations we are having on here were unthinkable In February, yet here we are.

I was on holiday last week. Me and the Mrs were on a train from Valencia, down the coast. We'd both spent the last ten minutes looking out the window, not saying anything.

After a while, in a splurge-of-consciousness moment, i turned to her and said, "Ten wins in a row, do you have any idea what an achievement that is?"

She looked at me like I'd just pissed in her shoes.

Online The Edge

« Reply #310 on: June 22, 2019, 09:12:55 AM »
I absolutely hate it.

"Chuck us £35 and you can take your pick out of the big games without bothering to turn up to any others".
I don't think it works that way at all. There are only 8k seats for general sale and they aren't limiting the number of people who can join the scheme. It won't guarantee anyone a ticket but it means you are eligible to join the queue for one. My son for example can't guarantee he can make games due to his work but im buying him a 35 quid membership so at least he he's in with  a chance when he can. If i was loaded i'd just buy him a season ticket to guarantee his seat when he can make it. But i'm not so this is a compromise im happy to try out. The club aren't going to run such a scheme for free, after all they are a business.

Offline mike

« Reply #311 on: June 22, 2019, 09:46:27 AM »
I absolutely hate it.

I don't think it works that way at all. There are only 8k seats for general sale and they aren't limiting the number of people who can join the scheme. It won't guarantee anyone a ticket but it means you are eligible to join the queue for one. My son for example can't guarantee he can make games due to his work but im buying him a 35 quid membership so at least he he's in with  a chance when he can. If i was loaded i'd just buy him a season ticket to guarantee his seat when he can make it. But i'm not so this is a compromise im happy to try out. The club aren't going to run such a scheme for free, after all they are a business.

I’m the same. I can’t get to the ground enough to justify a season ticket but I want to take my children to half a dozen games. They actually get four free tickets plus a joining gift plus birthday and Christmas cards so it’s quite a good deal.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #312 on: June 22, 2019, 10:30:57 AM »
I still think we needed a bigger ground...

The memberships are a good idea. If we exceed our capacity for now with them, so be it. Seeing the ground close to full for every game, not just the "big" ones, will be superb.

You're not wrong!

Offline exigo

« Reply #313 on: June 22, 2019, 10:33:18 AM »
Claret membership worked perfectly for me last season. I travel up from London for games, and this meant that I could pretty much guarantee being able to sit next to mates who are season ticket holders. Ended up doing 16 games, so it's certainly not just for people who want to handpick one or two games a season.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #314 on: June 22, 2019, 10:45:17 AM »

You can't jump the queue, no. You'll only be able to get extra tickets all on one reference once it goes to general sale. One qualifying reference = one ticket, member or season ticket holder or not.
Whilst I appreciate ur thoughts I know I ve purchased 3 before on my1 membership in 15/16 but all on my id. That’s fine by us but I need 100% clarification so know how it works now. Can’t even workout from terms and conditions.... point 18 does mention tickets in plural but not sure of context . Tried for your to get through to ticket office but keeps ringing me off as I don’t have a current membership to renew I’m clearly down their priority listings.... very frustrating when I’m trying to make an informed decision 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal