collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kappa new Principal Partner  (Read 215471 times)

Offline villa `cross the mersey

Re: Kappa new Principal Partner
« Reply #1425 on: August 11, 2020, 07:53:38 PM »
My new kit arrived today.  It's a really nice kit to be fair, and feels decent quality as well, although I'll reserve judgement on that until it's washed after I wear it tonight for 5 aside. The only slight criticism I'd have of it is design-wise that the badge is far too high up towards the shoulder.  It looks really odd positioned like that.

I thought that about the badge but wondered if the blue coming across the top was making it seem a little higher than it was. Now you’ve seen it in the flesh, it does seem strange positioning.

There might have been a clause in the Sponsor's contract that the logo had to be in a certain place and of a certain size.
Are there any other clubs with the same sponsor? might be worth looking to see where their badge is placed.

Everton have the same as us, I think!
Yes they do - it looks equally naff on their kit too

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #1426 on: August 11, 2020, 08:57:09 PM »
My new kit arrived today.  It's a really nice kit to be fair, and feels decent quality as well, although I'll reserve judgement on that until it's washed after I wear it tonight for 5 aside. The only slight criticism I'd have of it is design-wise that the badge is far too high up towards the shoulder.  It looks really odd positioned like that.
How's the sizing compared to non-kappa sizes? I use XL normally (Nike,  Luke etc)

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1427 on: August 11, 2020, 09:08:36 PM »
How's the sizing compared to non-kappa sizes? I use XL normally (Nike,  Luke etc)

The club have sent out a useful kit guide with the physical shirt measurements.

Normal XL is 58cm across the chest going up and down in 3cm increments.
Pro XL is 53cm across the chest going up and down in 2cm increments.
Fits appear regular as waists are about the same size (1cm smaller) as the chests.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1428 on: August 12, 2020, 12:32:09 AM »

I thought that about the badge but wondered if the blue coming across the top was making it seem a little higher than it was. Now you’ve seen it in the flesh, it does seem strange positioning.

There might have been a clause in the Sponsor's contract that the logo had to be in a certain place and of a certain size.
Are there any other clubs with the same sponsor? might be worth looking to see where their badge is placed.

Logo size and placement on a shirt is strictly controlled by Premier League reguations, so that's not a reason for the odd badge placement.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1429 on: August 12, 2020, 12:33:06 AM »

I'd say with Kappa you'd normally want a size up compared to every other manufacturer we've ever had.

Offline ColinMac

• GM : 12.05.2021
« Reply #1430 on: August 12, 2020, 07:57:52 AM »

For the Luke kits I had an L, for the Kappa kits an XL, if you had XL for Like then for the Kappa I would go XXL

Offline Risso

« Reply #1431 on: August 12, 2020, 09:20:17 AM »
Wore mine last night for five aside.  One of the other lads is a Burnley fan, and he was wearing his home top.  Went for a pint in the pub afterwards, and some old boy asked us if we were West Ham fans.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1432 on: August 12, 2020, 09:33:05 AM »
It’s definitely far too high up and also on the training top I wear out running.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1433 on: August 12, 2020, 09:33:43 AM »
Wore mine last night for five aside.  One of the other lads is a Burnley fan, and he was wearing his home top.  Went for a pint in the pub afterwards, and some old boy asked us if we were West Ham fans.

Hahaha! Twat obviously.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1434 on: August 12, 2020, 10:21:20 AM »

Hahaha! Twat obviously.

Who was it on here that encountered a Burnley fan sporting one of our shirts that they'd bought because it was cheaper? Tickled me, that.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1435 on: August 12, 2020, 10:26:47 AM »
Saw someone in the new Albion shirt the other day, they must have saved a few quid on price tags.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1436 on: August 12, 2020, 10:27:16 AM »
Who was it on here that encountered a Burnley fan sporting one of our shirts that they'd bought because it was cheaper? Tickled me, that.

I said that to a bloke in Wetherspoons. In Barrow in Furness. He said, ‘I’m a Burnley fan but it was in the sale and it’s the same colours.’

Online cdward

« Reply #1437 on: August 12, 2020, 10:29:39 AM »
That was David Cameron

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1438 on: August 12, 2020, 10:38:21 AM »

I said that to a bloke in Wetherspoons. In Barrow in Furness. He said, ‘I’m a Burnley fan but it was in the sale and it’s the same colours.’

Ffs, mike, please tell me you originally recounted that incident long before then, otherwise it's a trip to the doctor's for me. I'd swear I dragged that memory up from the depths!

Offline nigel

« Reply #1439 on: August 12, 2020, 05:46:39 PM »
Saw someone in the new Albion shirt the other day, they must have saved a few quid on price tags.

It’s flippin awful 🤮

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal