collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kappa new Principal Partner  (Read 213831 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Kappa new Principal Partner
« Reply #1410 on: August 07, 2020, 10:52:55 AM »
Quality looks bad. The shirt looks bad. Yes it ticks the boxes, but never a classic.
What are you basing your conclusion on that the quality looks bad?  It clearly doesn't look bad on the released photos so are you just assuming based on last year? 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1411 on: August 07, 2020, 10:57:00 AM »
Quality looks bad. The shirt looks bad. Yes it ticks the boxes, but never a classic.
What are you basing your conclusion on that the quality looks bad?  It clearly doesn't look bad on the released photos so are you just assuming based on last year? 

I am.  All I know is that my kits were terribly made last year, and my mate who is a Leeds fan, his Kappa kit was just as bad.  I've got kits from 25 years ago that are in better nick than last year's.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1412 on: August 07, 2020, 11:26:53 AM »

I am.  All I know is that my kits were terribly made last year, and my mate who is a Leeds fan, his Kappa kit was just as bad.  I've got kits from 25 years ago that are in better nick than last year's.
I know last years were awful.  But I've seen a couple of people say it looks like cheap tat and it clearly doesn't from the photos - material looks good, badge is rubber, stitching looks nice.  It may well be crap with their track record, but people saying it looks bad quality seem to be jumping to conclusions.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1413 on: August 08, 2020, 11:19:58 AM »
The club have sent out a useful kit guide with the physical shirt measurements.

Normal XL is 58cm across the chest going up and down in 3cm increments.
Pro XL is 53cm across the chest going up and down in 2cm increments.
Fits appear regular as waists are about the same size (1cm smaller) as the chests.

Offline exigo

« Reply #1414 on: August 08, 2020, 12:50:36 PM »
Mine arrived this morning.
Have to say, looks like Kappa have taken on board some of the criticism of last year's kit. The claret has a touch more blue in the mix than last year, so it's less brick red and more what I would call 'proper' claret. And the blue sleeves are a touch stronger in colour – still a little light for me, but a better combination of our classic colours.
The rubber badge is decent – the lion is a strong pressing of the new woodcut version, which has picked up all the detail. I'd criticise the framing of the AVFC, which is too tight to the white frame. And the font is still Chelsea Studio, which is an absolute crime against humanity.
The large seems a touch more generous, particularly in the neck. Can actually get my head through it without needing a team of assistants on standby.

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #1415 on: August 08, 2020, 02:53:04 PM »
My lads arrived today. The material seems better quality when comparing it with last years and it’s also bigger sizing wise (kids 8)

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #1416 on: August 08, 2020, 03:03:23 PM »
Have to say, looks like Kappa have taken on board some of the criticism of last year's kit. The claret has a touch more blue in the mix than last year, so it's less brick red and more what I would call 'proper' claret. And the blue sleeves are a touch stronger in colour – still a little light for me, but a better combination of our classic colours.
The rubber badge is decent – the lion is a strong pressing of the new woodcut version, which has picked up all the detail. I'd criticise the framing of the AVFC, which is too tight to the white frame. And the font is still Chelsea Studio, which is an absolute crime against humanity.
The large seems a touch more generous, particularly in the neck. Can actually get my head through it without needing a team of assistants on standby.

Chelsea Studio? Still Stempel Garamond Bold I think.

I forget the Prepared isn’t on the badge anymore, what was the ?microsoft font that sent shudders? I was just curious if it had been removed everywhere:

Quick google brought up this Dec 2019 20mins YouTube stadium tour, largely gone from my quick scrolling but saw it is still in the players lounge, but more interestingly some artefacts in there (at 11mims 40) I don’t remember seeing before like a tankard given by Bayern in 82.
https://youtu.be/4YHoghgxkTg

Offline exigo

« Reply #1417 on: August 08, 2020, 07:29:49 PM »
Have to say, looks like Kappa have taken on board some of the criticism of last year's kit. The claret has a touch more blue in the mix than last year, so it's less brick red and more what I would call 'proper' claret. And the blue sleeves are a touch stronger in colour – still a little light for me, but a better combination of our classic colours.
The rubber badge is decent – the lion is a strong pressing of the new woodcut version, which has picked up all the detail. I'd criticise the framing of the AVFC, which is too tight to the white frame. And the font is still Chelsea Studio, which is an absolute crime against humanity.

Chelsea Studio? Still Stempel Garamond Bold I think.

I forget the Prepared isn’t on the badge anymore, what was the ?microsoft font that sent shudders? I was just curious if it had been removed everywhere:

Quick google brought up this Dec 2019 20mins YouTube stadium tour, largely gone from my quick scrolling but saw it is still in the players lounge, but more interestingly some artefacts in there (at 11mims 40) I don’t remember seeing before like a tankard given by Bayern in 82.
https://youtu.be/4YHoghgxkTg

Gah, you're quite right. The Chelsea Studio font was the prepared. Yep, Stempel Garamond is the AVFC.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1418 on: August 11, 2020, 05:24:53 PM »
My new kit arrived today.  It's a really nice kit to be fair, and feels decent quality as well, although I'll reserve judgement on that until it's washed after I wear it tonight for 5 aside. The only slight criticism I'd have of it is design-wise that the badge is far too high up towards the shoulder.  It looks really odd positioned like that.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1419 on: August 11, 2020, 05:54:12 PM »
My new kit arrived today.  It's a really nice kit to be fair, and feels decent quality as well, although I'll reserve judgement on that until it's washed after I wear it tonight for 5 aside. The only slight criticism I'd have of it is design-wise that the badge is far too high up towards the shoulder.  It looks really odd positioned like that.

I thought that about the badge but wondered if the blue coming across the top was making it seem a little higher than it was. Now you’ve seen it in the flesh, it does seem strange positioning.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1420 on: August 11, 2020, 05:57:44 PM »
Yes, it's just really, really high up!  Odd.  Other than that, I think it's the best kit for years, second only to the white Luke away kit. 

Offline WilliamStanding

« Reply #1421 on: August 11, 2020, 06:28:00 PM »
Arrived today - absolutely no complaints.

Top job Kappa and AVFC

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #1422 on: August 11, 2020, 06:30:32 PM »

I thought that about the badge but wondered if the blue coming across the top was making it seem a little higher than it was. Now you’ve seen it in the flesh, it does seem strange positioning.

There might have been a clause in the Sponsor's contract that the logo had to be in a certain place and of a certain size.
Are there any other clubs with the same sponsor? might be worth looking to see where their badge is placed.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1423 on: August 11, 2020, 06:34:37 PM »

There might have been a clause in the Sponsor's contract that the logo had to be in a certain place and of a certain size.
Are there any other clubs with the same sponsor? might be worth looking to see where their badge is placed.

Everton have the same as us, I think!

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1424 on: August 11, 2020, 07:30:03 PM »
Everything is technically in the same place as last season but the new sponsor logo is just one horizontal line compared to the massive vertical size of the W88 logo which gave everything a different perspective. Not only that but the Cazoo logo is by nature a lot thinner than the 'W' from the top line of last year's sponsor

All that being said -- the badge is still much too high, as it is on all Kappa kits, and doesn't look right at all, regardless of sponsor placement IMO. Part of me wants to say that's just the style now, but Arsenal can have the best of both worlds with a stylish contemporary kit that still looks wearable around the house or out shopping, so I'm not sure why we can't have that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal