collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kappa new Principal Partner  (Read 215606 times)

Offline sirlordbaltimore

Re: Kappa new Principal Partner
« Reply #855 on: August 19, 2019, 07:58:53 PM »
They aren't shit, and people wouldn't have been saying they were if a bigger name (or a so-called "Villa fan" who doesn't like Villa home colours) had designed them.

What a nonsense  :o

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #856 on: August 19, 2019, 08:02:28 PM »

You don't seem able to differentiate with it being 'the right' colours with people not liking the design.

Just having a claret and blue home shirt isn't enough. If it was they wouldn't pay designers to come up with designs clearly.

We've had loads of 'right colours' home shirts that've been shit. And we've had ones that dared to not have blue sleeves which have been great.

It's crap. But not as crap as the away and third kit.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #857 on: August 19, 2019, 08:23:57 PM »

I moaned that it wasn't a Villa shirt. Because it wasn't. The only time I have cared who the manufacturer was was when it was those pro-hunting twats Under Armour.

Loads of people on here were moaning before the kit was released that we should have Nike or Umbro, or stuck with "Villa fan" Luke. It seems entirely like they made up their mind before seeing it.

Even fans criticising the design of the home shirt. That's what Villa shirts look like ffs!

So you can have a reason to dislike a certain home shirt for your own reasons but no one else can dislike a different home shirt for theirs?

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #858 on: August 19, 2019, 08:32:29 PM »
I believe that's the crux of his argument, yes.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #859 on: August 19, 2019, 08:35:03 PM »
Dislike it all you like. But disliking the design when its the same basic design we've had for most of our history is just odd, IMO. I understand Blose and Albion fans claiming not to like our shirts, but they're just wrong, quite obviously.

I can understand people disliking the away or third kit, even though I like them myself. Struggling to see how any Villa fan dislikes the home design.

Again, talking purely about the design, not necessarily the quality of the material as I haven't purchased it so I don't know.

I still believe that if Nike had produced exactly the same kit the majority of the fans moaning about it would be singing its praises.

Just like people would drink Coca Cola and slag off supermarket Cola even though they taste basically the same (ie shit).

Millions of dollars of advertising every year clearly works.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #860 on: August 19, 2019, 08:42:26 PM »
The vast majority of the complaints i've seen about the home shirt have nothing to do with the basic design, either on here or social media.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #861 on: August 19, 2019, 08:43:06 PM »
Well apart from the weird looking shoulder bits.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #862 on: August 19, 2019, 08:43:18 PM »
Well that's fine. I'm only taking issue with posters who have criticised the design of the home shirt.

Offline KRS

« Reply #863 on: August 19, 2019, 09:03:00 PM »
and there’s nothing you can do about ppl buying and keeping a wrong size shirt.

How about making the shirts the right size in the first place?  Every single manufacturer in the last 20 years has managed it, even shite like Macron.
Just to give that a bit of context, I was replying to Paulie talking about fat blokes wearing tight shirts rather than referring to the known size issues in manufacturing...
Oh, and the, err, tighter-than-usual fit resulted in a few people wearing them who really shouldn't have been (and i say that as a podgy bastard myself).
As an example of that, I bought a fair few slim fit shirts but haven’t been able to wear them for the last year or so having piled on a few pounds...I’m back down the gym now so hopefully I won’t have to buy a new wardrobe before I go on holiday! 😂
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 09:05:53 PM by KRS »

Offline nigel

« Reply #864 on: August 19, 2019, 09:33:46 PM »
If a big name like Nike or Adidas had released our kits everyone on here would be saying how great they were.

Emperor's Designer Clothes.

Agree, mate
Asked a couple of guys on Saturday what they thought of the new tops. Both said they thought they were fine, no problems. I mentioned the sizing, the one guy said he had to go up a size, but, that's not really a problem.
I happen to agree with him. If it's too small, buy a bigger one. Or are people to vain to wear the next size up?  ;D
I'm beginning to feel that it seems to be a case of moaning for moanings sake

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #865 on: August 19, 2019, 10:01:40 PM »
As a lot of people order on line or pull the shirt off the rack with their size, I think getting the sizing right is fundamental.
The shirt looks ok, it’s a Villa shirt and the colours are close.
Hate the big W though.

Offline KRS

« Reply #866 on: August 19, 2019, 10:14:37 PM »
You get sizing differences between a lot of designer brands...as an example, Diesel, Boss and Hilfiger all come up short compared to Fred Perry, Lacoste and Ralph Lauren...sometimes even sizes of the same brand don’t even match. The same applies to sportswear brands, so the simple rule of thumb for any clothing is buy and wear the size that actually fits. Purchasing clothes really is a basic skill.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #867 on: August 19, 2019, 10:57:07 PM »
You get sizing differences between a lot of designer brands...as an example, Diesel, Boss and Hilfiger all come up short compared to Fred Perry, Lacoste and Ralph Lauren...sometimes even sizes of the same brand don’t even match. The same applies to sportswear brands, so the simple rule of thumb for any clothing is buy and wear the size that actually fits. Purchasing clothes really is a basic skill.

Every other manufacturer we've had for the last 20 years has managed to make shirts of roughly the same size, not two sizes out like Kappa.  And it's not really fair to compare them to every day shirts, which can be found in a variety of shops in most town centres.  If you want a Villa shirt, you've pretty much got to buy them online or at the club shop, and even that latter option is more miss than hit these days.  I'd say making a kit that's the size it purports to be is a fairly basic requirement, but I'm not surprised for one minute that a company turning out the chav shite that Kappa do, can't manage it.

Offline KRS

« Reply #868 on: August 19, 2019, 11:14:27 PM »
I’ve never been a fan of Kappa either so I’m not going to defend any of the issues that we have seen repeatedly complained about regarding the kits. All I know is that I always try something on before buying in a shop, and if I order something online that doesn’t fit then I send it back for refund or exchange.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #869 on: August 19, 2019, 11:37:15 PM »
I popped in the shop on Sunday to look at the shirts.

It seemed to me that the home shirts are better made than the away - slightly thicker material. I agree with the comments re sizes as I am a medium in everything and needed a large. I reckon anybody ordering online will come a cropper.

The home shirt seemed fine, and the colours are decent, whereas I really like the away shirt from a distance but not the white diagonal stripes close up. From the stands  I really like this shirt with claret shorts though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal