collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kappa new Principal Partner  (Read 213850 times)

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
Re: Kappa new Principal Partner
« Reply #765 on: August 13, 2019, 07:19:38 AM »
Pre match training top...

Some of the players were shown wearing this warming up at Spurs during the Purslow interview clips on SSN. Looks really good.

Horrific shirt

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #766 on: August 13, 2019, 07:27:13 AM »
I quite like it.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #767 on: August 13, 2019, 07:38:49 AM »
I think the kits look great, even if I'm a fatty and need x2 XL

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #768 on: August 13, 2019, 07:57:46 AM »
I haven't bought a home top since the 95/96 season but I've invested in both a pair of away and the training shorts. 

I'm presuming there's been no sizing issues there?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #769 on: August 13, 2019, 08:59:03 AM »
That’s proper shit. Would you be happy to just exchange it or are there other quality issues with the kit?

Just an exchange I suppose.  The diagonal white lines on the front look really shit as well, very cheaply printed.  The blue on the front is printed as well, so is a different shade of light blue from the sleeves and the back.  Not a 'fault' as such, but it looks really cheap, as does the stupid way the shoulders have been stitched together.  The sizing is all wrong as well.  I've had an XL for the last few years with no issues at all, and the Luke kit fitted perfectly.  I got an XXL this time, and it's noticably smaller than an XL, so I'd say it's a L by last year's standards.  It makes the Macron kit look like it was put together by Versace.  Absolute garbage, I really do hope it's a one year contract.

What is it with the shoulders?  It was noticeable from the very first pictures.  If it's a design feature it's a bloody odd one.  It's a shame that when so much is going right at the club Kappa seem to have made such a pigs ear of this.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #770 on: August 13, 2019, 09:20:06 AM »
I saw a lot of our fans wearing the away and training tops on Saturday they look the business I asked a few about size the one's who like me a bit of a belly said go a size up then you should be Ok.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #771 on: August 13, 2019, 10:39:36 AM »

anyone seen the claret 'walk out' top to purchase anywhere ?

that's about the only thing i like and it's the only thing i can't find either

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #772 on: August 13, 2019, 11:12:07 AM »
Just been on the phone to the club shop, spoke to a really helpful chap.  Anybody affected just has to get in touch and they'll refund in full as is the case if you bought one from Kitbag, and as pointed out earlier in the thread, no need to send the offending article back.

He said that the start of the contract with Kappa has been an absolute disaster, with lots of problems across the range, eg half of the run out training tops arriving without the sponsor on.  The club feel that Kappa have massively underestimated the size of Villa and can't cope with the uptake.  This was the same issue with Luke last year, and why there was a change this year.

Hopefully the club will do them for breach of contract, bin them, and get somebody decent next year.  Worst kits I can remember.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #773 on: August 13, 2019, 11:46:28 AM »
Just been on the phone to the club shop, spoke to a really helpful chap.  Anybody affected just has to get in touch and they'll refund in full as is the case if you bought one from Kitbag, and as pointed out earlier in the thread, no need to send the offending article back.

He said that the start of the contract with Kappa has been an absolute disaster, with lots of problems across the range, eg half of the run out training tops arriving without the sponsor on.  The club feel that Kappa have massively underestimated the size of Villa and can't cope with the uptake.  This was the same issue with Luke last year, and why there was a change this year.

Hopefully the club will do them for breach of contract, bin them, and get somebody decent next year.  Worst kits I can remember.

Pleased everyone getting sorted.

I don't think the club can blame Kappa for underestimating  and not producing enough though, surely we had the figures for years about the demand, particularly from last year, and should have made sure they were overseeing the process and supply?

Offline Risso

« Reply #774 on: August 13, 2019, 11:49:06 AM »
No, I don't think the club have done anything wrong, other than choosing Kappa in the first place but that's just personal preference.  They're sorting it out in a hassle free way, with no quibbling or mucking about.  It's just a shame we lost Luke because of not being able to keep up with demand, then appoint a company whose quality control seems to be dismal.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #775 on: August 13, 2019, 11:54:00 AM »
No, I don't think the club have done anything wrong, other than choosing Kappa in the first place but that's just personal preference.  They're sorting it out in a hassle free way, with no quibbling or mucking about.  It's just a shame we lost Luke because of not being able to keep up with demand, then appoint a company whose quality control seems to be dismal.
At least they will not get away with "this is normal in this line of business" or what ever excuse they bring seeing that Sawiris owns a big stake in Adidas - (Which I hope will be next season)

Offline Risso

« Reply #776 on: August 13, 2019, 12:02:01 PM »

Pleased everyone getting sorted.

I don't think the club can blame Kappa for underestimating  and not producing enough though, surely we had the figures for years about the demand, particularly from last year, and should have made sure they were overseeing the process and supply?

Sounds like the partnership of Fanatics and Kappa isn't working very well either.  I could see the intention last year, with Luke being the designer and Fanatics the manufacturer, but this year seems like a bit of a mess.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #777 on: August 13, 2019, 12:02:29 PM »

Quality-wise I'd agree with you, that's not the club's fault. The availability must be though, the club should know the numbers of kits sold, would know that demand would be higher and should have had the numbers to tell Kappa they'd need at least x or y amount of each kit.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #778 on: August 13, 2019, 12:04:44 PM »
It's a real shame if the only reason Luke was dropped was because of the supply issue.  Surely that's teething problems which could easily have been ironed out this year?

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #779 on: August 13, 2019, 02:02:13 PM »
I imagine Luke was dropped more because of Kappa's £££s. The product was top class.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal