collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wembley Tickets  (Read 90152 times)

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Wembley Tickets
« Reply #375 on: May 19, 2019, 07:22:16 PM »
Derby putting tickets on general sale and selling out today.
What are the chances of some of those falling into to hands of  Villa fans?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #376 on: May 19, 2019, 07:25:17 PM »
This is a genuine canvassing of opinion. I genuinely can't decide if what I'm thinking is out of order or an opportunity to do good.

I have an unexpected spare. My family and I have had season tickets for more years than I can remember,( and two out of three of us have done 15 aways this year). This year my son has been at Uni this year though we kept his season ticket up and he has attended when he can. However he initially asked me to get his ticket for Wembley before finding out he is unable to attend due to exams (yes, I would have still gone aswell  but he is WAY more conscientious than me. )

I want to sell the ticket to a genuine Villa fan who for whatever reason doesn't meet the sales criteria. It isn't the best ticket, it's in upper tier , cost £40 including booking fee etc . It isn't in hand yet but expected soon.

Question is this: there is a charity close to my heart that I would like to support. My idea is to release the ticket on evidence of a double the cost  donation to that charity ie £80 , with the buyer also being someone from here with proper Villa credentials. I would receive no payment for the ticket at all.

If the consensus is this is out of order then it gets sold face value and I'll give the money to the same charity, but clearly they only get half as much that way. Would welcome opinions and genuinely not sure what is right. Essentially what i'm asking is for the buyer pay for the ticket and also to give a donation to charity equivalent to the cost price of the ticket , and I will match that donation by not taking any money for the ticket I purchased in the first place.
I will pay £100 for ticket, you can donate the rest to charity.

Online KRS

« Reply #377 on: May 19, 2019, 07:27:30 PM »
That is awesome. 😎👍

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #378 on: May 19, 2019, 07:27:53 PM »
It's a very nice idea, and I don't think it's complicated.  Just ask for £80, and send it to a charity, everyone's a winner. Or ask them for proof that they've donated £80 somewhere, then send them it for nowt, same end result.

Yes that is exactly what I want to achieve, purpose of saying released on proof is that I don't want the money to go through my hands at all, no suspicion of profiteering or touting.
Tickets not in hand yet, and I'd want the donation to go to my preferred charity so not an immediate issue, I just wanted to check it wasn;t going to be vilified. Thanks for the opinions so far

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #379 on: May 19, 2019, 07:32:16 PM »
I've just seen one lad on Twitter auctioning a ticket for Acorns.  You could do the same for a charity of your choice?  Say minimum bid of £80, and set the time limit of say Weds, to get time to receive the ticket and then have time to post it on?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #380 on: May 19, 2019, 07:33:51 PM »
PM sent

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #381 on: May 19, 2019, 07:34:38 PM »
This is a genuine canvassing of opinion. I genuinely can't decide if what I'm thinking is out of order or an opportunity to do good.

I have an unexpected spare. My family and I have had season tickets for more years than I can remember,( and two out of three of us have done 15 aways this year). This year my son has been at Uni this year though we kept his season ticket up and he has attended when he can. However he initially asked me to get his ticket for Wembley before finding out he is unable to attend due to exams (yes, I would have still gone aswell  but he is WAY more conscientious than me. )

I want to sell the ticket to a genuine Villa fan who for whatever reason doesn't meet the sales criteria. It isn't the best ticket, it's in upper tier , cost £40 including booking fee etc . It isn't in hand yet but expected soon.

Question is this: there is a charity close to my heart that I would like to support. My idea is to release the ticket on evidence of a double the cost  donation to that charity ie £80 , with the buyer also being someone from here with proper Villa credentials. I would receive no payment for the ticket at all.

If the consensus is this is out of order then it gets sold face value and I'll give the money to the same charity, but clearly they only get half as much that way. Would welcome opinions and genuinely not sure what is right. Essentially what i'm asking is for the buyer pay for the ticket and also to give a donation to charity equivalent to the cost price of the ticket , and I will match that donation by not taking any money for the ticket I purchased in the first place.

Chicago : The whole £100 would  go to the charity. Ticket not in hand yet. When it is I will PM you. The charity close to my heart is a particular military benevolent fund. Assuming you have no issues with that the ticket is yours when I've got it. I don't want an auction so no further offers considered unless Chicago's doesn't come through. Are you happy with that Chicago? If anyone else thinks this is wrong way forward then please say so here and I will reconsider.
I wouldn't have bought ticket unless I thought my son could go. Now I have I want the best possible outcome.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #382 on: May 19, 2019, 07:37:34 PM »

Chicago : The whole £100 would  go to the charity. Ticket not in hand yet. When it is I will PM you. The charity close to my heart is a particular military benevolent fund. Assuming you have no issues with that the ticket is yours when I've got it. I don't want an auction so no further offers considered unless Chicago's doesn't come through. Are you happy with that Chicago? If anyone else thinks this is wrong way forward then please say so here and I will reconsider.
I wouldn't have bought ticket unless I thought my son could go. Now I have I want the best possible outcome.
I am happy with that and really pleased to do some good and I assuming it’s UK military then I am great with that.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #383 on: May 19, 2019, 07:39:25 PM »
Well done chaps.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #384 on: May 19, 2019, 07:39:34 PM »
I have PM my contact details.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #385 on: May 19, 2019, 07:53:38 PM »
Replied. Thank you.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #386 on: May 19, 2019, 08:37:39 PM »

I am happy with that and really pleased to do some good and I assuming it’s UK military then I am great with that.

Had it been the Iranian military I might have started a bidding war.

Online KRS

« Reply #387 on: May 19, 2019, 08:52:28 PM »
Well done lads. A great gesture and result for all involved...let’s hope we all get the result we want at the game too! 😊👍

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #388 on: May 19, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »

Not likely

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #389 on: May 19, 2019, 09:17:16 PM »

Not likely

I intend to take the East Stand.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal