collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:33:36 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:33:23 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:31:35 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Gareth
[Today at 09:31:25 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by dave.woodhall
[Today at 09:25:33 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:21:03 AM]

Lucas Digne - Signed by VillaTim
[Today at 09:18:49 AM]

Champions League Contention by rob_bridge
[Today at 09:13:41 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: WBA v Aston Villa Post Match Thread (FUCK THE ALBION)  (Read 54044 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: WBA v Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2019, 11:27:24 PM »
It's hard to attack when their holding a line in their own box with 10 players. Negative Albion ******. Fuck the Albion!

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2019, 11:27:29 PM »
Leeds and Albion play on the edge scragging, fouling and playing on the break so c'mon Derby.
The right side is a problem neither Green or AA are good enough and Kodja looks lost out there. Smith frustrates me in that it was obvious Green was less than useless but he didn't sub him til late in the game. It does seem we struggle to break defensive minded teams down.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2019, 11:28:19 PM »
I did not enjoy that, until that last pen went in. Let’s face it we played pants, I know Smethwick put men behind the ball but we made so many basic errors.

That said, we are there, 2 weeks to prepare, c’mon the Villa!!!!

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2019, 11:29:16 PM »
Thought Hause should have played instead of Taylor. Albion’s only threat was set pieces and Mings was a mountain at times but otherwise we lacked physicality.

Disappointed in the performance when they went to 10. We took too many touches and didnt move the ball quickly enough. I thought Davis should have come on earlier as he is the best hold up forward we have.

Plenty to think about in the final for Dean.

Offline jimmygreen

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2019, 11:29:18 PM »
FTA. That was brilliant. And breathe.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2019, 11:29:40 PM »

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2019, 11:29:41 PM »
I don't give a fuck about them being negative.  It's up to us to be good enough to deal with it.  But the shithousing was appalling.  Gayle, then Brunt and especially Johansen tonight.

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2019, 11:29:44 PM »
Baggie on Talksport. Said Villa probably deserved it over 2 games.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2019, 11:30:14 PM »
I am genuinely starting to think there's an element of destiny to this - considering where we were a relatively short amount of time ago.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2019, 11:30:24 PM »
Imagine how these 2 felt at the moment. And credit to Richard Madeley for photobombing.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2019, 11:30:25 PM »
Let it be known I asked my wife if we could name our firstborn Jed.

She refused.

Worth a shot.

My son is Aston-Lee. Long story.

Named after my favourite car and favourite comedian

.......Oops, i wasn’t supposed to tell you that 😉

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2019, 11:31:02 PM »
You're allowed one of those performances. One. We need to do the business against Leeds. I trust the coaches in place to do a weeks and a half of hard drills and shuffle through set piece scenarios after a couple days off as we need to be smarter.

Still delighted. FTF.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2019, 11:31:08 PM »
We can immediately improve on that performance by not picking Taylor or Green for Wembley.

Agreed.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2019, 11:31:09 PM »
Got there thankfully, semis are for winning so lets hope we have been saving our big display for the final

unfortunate I thought to go in 1-0 down at half time, blatant foul on Mings in lead up, but we went to pot for about 15 mins after half time where they could have buried us

simple passes from nearly all our defence were intercepted, Abraham bullied out of it on pretty much every direct ball that went up. Too often, even with the man advantage, our players ran with the ball instead of playing one/two touch football. Was infuriating.

Got there but serious problems regarding our right wing position, left back, Abraham's form and Smith himself worried me tonight with his inaction on the sideline.

If its Leeds in the final particularly, I think we need a bit more bite in the team and Hause for certain needs to come in. Would also consider McGinn moving further to the right given our problems in that position. Davis could be the surprise inclusion we need, no one knocks him around anyway.

Steer 7 - one very ropey pass that was nearly punished but made the saves that got us to Wembley
Elmo 8 - our best performer of the night, late cross into box in extra time should have been tapped home. A warrior for us I thought.
Tuanzebe 6 - some bright moments on the ball but far too physically soft as a centre back, Jay Rodrigues shouldnt be able to stop him competing for kick outs!
Mings 7 - some incredible clearances but hasnt been at his best last two games
Taylor 5 - tried hard but should have been replaced long before the end, such a poor player with the ball at his feet and somehow survived 120 mins!
Hourihane 7 - very good in first half and got on lots of ball throughout really
McGinn 6 - took the wrong option far too often tonight including some dreadful shots, bright moments as always but expected more of him tonight
Grealish 6 - got frustrated too often, hence dropping deeper which is what Albion wanted, would have expected him to control our play better after Brunt went off but didnt really step it up
Green 4 - started reasonably well but was utterly anonymous thereafter, really shouldnt have seen the second half. horribly limited technique, heavy touch
El Ghazi 6 - good battle with Holgate, kept trying to do the right thing and always a threat. Not helped in slightest by Taylor behind him
Abraham 4 - dire throughout and horribly selfish in extra time including getting in Davis way for a big chance, form is a big worry

AA 6 - better than Green, forced a brilliant save from Johnstone but guile out wide he isnt providing either
Kodjia 5 - should have been brought on a lot sooner but didnt really get involved much when he did come on
Davis 6 - late cameo but showed more in that time than Abraham or Kodjia, strong as an ox on the ball

Smith 4 - no issue with team selection bar selection of Taylor over Hause, we had enough warning of their advantage over us at set piece time on Saturday and Smith should have heeded it. Failure to make a sub until after the 70th min or a tactical change until extra time was diabolical. Rabbit in headlights stuff from our bench tonight and very lucky to have got away with it.

Offline eric woolban woolban

« Reply #149 on: May 14, 2019, 11:32:31 PM »
Why didn't Barry take the penalty?

We certainly like to do things the hard way.

Come on the Villa!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal