collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Ducksworthy
[Today at 04:08:31 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 04:08:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:07:49 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 04:07:24 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Ducksworthy
[Today at 04:07:07 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:06:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 04:05:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 04:05:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 57259 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #285 on: April 29, 2019, 01:58:53 AM »
Bielsa did the right thing. All else is speculation.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #286 on: April 29, 2019, 05:41:52 AM »
Bacon Lettuce and Tomato for dyslexics
I used to be dyslexic but I am now k.o.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #287 on: April 29, 2019, 05:53:10 AM »
Like others have said I have never seen a game like it people will definitely now why they are called Dirty Leeds and this game just goes to show it they are a horrible team and club but fair play to Bielsa he realised that it was wrong what had happened.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #288 on: April 29, 2019, 06:47:00 AM »
So know that we have introduced the "Villa Rule" - does this mean that every time a player goes down injured (or pretending to be) that we have to put the ball out of play?

Looking forward to see what happens against the Albion, when we are attacking and one of their players hits the floor, hopefully we will put the ball out of play, because that is what is now expected of us, lets hope that it does not cost us a chance to get to the play off final.

I assumed that the ref was in charge of the game, my old football club manager (at a good level as well) would have gone mad "you play to the refs whistle"

Offline kieron

« Reply #289 on: April 29, 2019, 07:10:50 AM »
This game was just the latest chapter in possibly the weirdest 12 months in our history.

Financially well and truly fucked, cabbage, losing to Burton fucking Albion, missing a penalty and it resulting in something positive, 5-5, 3 down with ten to go, Hutton turning into Messi for 30 seconds, Jack's assault, 10 in a row, looking like conceding a goal every time the opposition got the ball and that includes them having a goal kick, twice going a couple of months with relegation form and yet are favourites to win the play-offs.

It's a funny old game.

Offline mike

« Reply #290 on: April 29, 2019, 07:23:03 AM »
So know that we have introduced the "Villa Rule" - does this mean that every time a player goes down injured (or pretending to be) that we have to put the ball out of play?

Looking forward to see what happens against the Albion, when we are attacking and one of their players hits the floor, hopefully we will put the ball out of play, because that is what is now expected of us, lets hope that it does not cost us a chance to get to the play off final.

I assumed that the ref was in charge of the game, my old football club manager (at a good level as well) would have gone mad "you play to the refs whistle"

I don’t think anyone disagrees with that. The point is that their player went to kick it out and then, when our defenders stood still, passed it to his mate. That’s what is cheating.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #291 on: April 29, 2019, 07:26:40 AM »
The ref controls the game not the players, the play should always be continuous until the ref blows the whistle, this kicking the ball out of play has got ridiculous.
Leeds were successful in that the continual fouling of Grealish led to him having little influence on the game, Bamford should get suspended for what has become a blight on the game, deliberately trying to get an opponent sent off is for me the lowest of the low.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #292 on: April 29, 2019, 07:40:30 AM »
There’s an awful lot of people on social media and the radio etc saying Leeds did nothing wrong as you should play to the whistle, even blaming us for this.

They obviously didn’t watch the game and understand the context of the situation, mainly that we’d kicked the ball out for them 10 minutes earlier, plus the fact that the Leeds players slowed down so they appeared to be about to kick it out.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #293 on: April 29, 2019, 07:47:01 AM »
The one thing that I did notice in all the madness, was how much fitter our lot look - Taylor looks as though he has shed some weight

Our pace especially on the counter attack was fantastic.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #294 on: April 29, 2019, 08:04:27 AM »

Hadn't really thought of this angle. Perhaps this isn't the latest controversy around kicking the ball out we've seen.

Offline martyn ellis

• http://www.martin-martyn.co.uk
« Reply #295 on: April 29, 2019, 08:17:31 AM »
The ref controls the game not the players, the play should always be continuous until the ref blows the whistle, this kicking the ball out of play has got ridiculous.
Leeds were successful in that the continual fouling of Grealish led to him having little influence on the game, Bamford should get suspended for what has become a blight on the game, deliberately trying to get an opponent sent off is for me the lowest of the low.

See my post under 'Jack Grealish'.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #296 on: April 29, 2019, 08:21:13 AM »
Who was the guy co comms on sky yesterday? Even though he was Yorkshire I thought he got his reading of the game spot on.

Online Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #297 on: April 29, 2019, 08:23:12 AM »
Don Goodman ?

Online walsall villain

« Reply #298 on: April 29, 2019, 08:27:38 AM »
There’s an awful lot of people on social media and the radio etc saying Leeds did nothing wrong as you should play to the whistle, even blaming us for this.

They obviously didn’t watch the game and understand the context of the situation, mainly that we’d kicked the ball out for them 10 minutes earlier, plus the fact that the Leeds players slowed down so they appeared to be about to kick it out.
You see times when we play on, times when we kick it out. I would like to think we would just play to the whistle from now on to avoid confusion. But that assumes the referee will always recognise when play should be stopped, can you trust them with that?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #299 on: April 29, 2019, 08:34:39 AM »
Having calmed down, Villa set the tone by kicking the ball out for Cooper to get treatment as he looked to be in pain when he clashed with Green.  Therefore, whilst, yes, you should always play to the whistle, Leeds owed us one and should have kicked the ball out too when Kodjia went down heavily.

Bamford is a cheat.  We were magnificent in defence today.  Even Taylor, who I struggle to find any positive about, played well.  Going forward, Abraham offers much more that Jimmy.  At least we don't have to go back to Elland Road again if we make the Final.  Those of you saying that Dean picked the wrong side today and should have rested players, sorry, but I strongly disagree.
Hourihane started, by kicking the ball out in the first half, when we were in a good attacking position on the right.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal