collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Bernie
[Today at 04:44:50 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by dubont
[Today at 04:44:30 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by TopDeck113
[Today at 04:41:33 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 04:41:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by TopDeck113
[Today at 04:41:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by nigel
[Today at 04:40:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Ducksworthy
[Today at 04:40:37 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by bilsim
[Today at 04:40:19 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 57264 times)

Online mike

Re: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #270 on: April 28, 2019, 10:41:23 PM »
Does anyone know why Bamford was booked? Because if it was for some other incident other then clothes line incident then he could be mightily screwed when the FA review all of the incidents in after the goal including the dive.

I'm presuming he got booked for assaulting El Ghazi, who was then sent off for trying to get out of a headlock. So, yes, second yellow for the cowardly, cheating play acting but doubt whether it will happen.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #271 on: April 28, 2019, 10:48:19 PM »
To be honest, we should have played to the whistle because you just cannot trust those cheating, dirty Leeds c***s to do the right thing.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #272 on: April 28, 2019, 10:50:09 PM »
My two penneth:

Never seen anything like that before, crazy times. I must admit my initial view was that their goal was legitimate and it was our fault for switching off and not playing to the whistle. On that basis I was surprised they let us score and it was surreal watching a goal from us which I didn't celebrate!

Having seen the TV footage it certainly looks like it wasn't a simple case of playing on and so the right decision was to give us the goal. Unfortunately the sending off and injury to Kodjia with no back up killed the game for us. Playing Jedinak up front was bizarre. Why not put him in midfield and Albert up top?

Prior to the madness I think we were just better but it was a close run thing. Not many chances for either side really. Bit concerned with Jack today as they targeted him and it seemed to work.

Leeds fans I know are moaning about the ref but I am putting this down to them being paranoid fantasists. If anything he fucked us over by not giving pens for the fouls on Mings and Kodjia and the ridiculous sending off.

Onwards.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #273 on: April 28, 2019, 11:00:02 PM »
Re Bielsa the truth is somewhere between the two extremes. He deserves credit, of course, for doing the right thing. But I’m reading a lot of comments from neutrals suggesting he’s some kind of bastion of integrity, which is obviously bollocks. Apart from anything, it’s not unreasonable to think the fact the players went out with a win at all costs mentality, which led to the mad goal, and Jansson/Bamford’s antics, originated with him.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #274 on: April 28, 2019, 11:09:26 PM »
Having calmed down, Villa set the tone by kicking the ball out for Cooper to get treatment as he looked to be in pain when he clashed with Green.  Therefore, whilst, yes, you should always play to the whistle, Leeds owed us one and should have kicked the ball out too when Kodjia went down heavily.

Bamford is a cheat.  We were magnificent in defence today.  Even Taylor, who I struggle to find any positive about, played well.  Going forward, Abraham offers much more that Jimmy.  At least we don't have to go back to Elland Road again if we make the Final.  Those of you saying that Dean picked the wrong side today and should have rested players, sorry, but I strongly disagree.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #275 on: April 28, 2019, 11:20:00 PM »
Bamford will forever be known as a cheat from now on. Some legacy.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #276 on: April 28, 2019, 11:28:54 PM »
Re Bielsa the truth is somewhere between the two extremes. He deserves credit, of course, for doing the right thing. But I’m reading a lot of comments from neutrals suggesting he’s some kind of bastion of integrity, which is obviously bollocks. Apart from anything, it’s not unreasonable to think the fact the players went out with a win at all costs mentality, which led to the mad goal, and Jansson/Bamford’s antics, originated with him.

Let's not forget he sent his team out to kick the Villa players all over the pitch. There's a reason they're known as Dirty Leeds and nothing I saw today did anything to change that title.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #277 on: April 28, 2019, 11:31:35 PM »

The cynic in me suspects if there was anything riding on the game, Bielsa wouldn't have been as charitable. But still he deserves a huge amount of credit.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #278 on: April 28, 2019, 11:32:04 PM »

Let's not forget he sent his team out to kick the Villa players all over the pitch. There's a reason they're known as Dirty Leeds and nothing I saw today did anything to change that title.

Precisely. Said the same a few pages back. They were sent out with specific instructions to be aggressive and obviously targeted. Thank you for the goal which was the least he should have done given the other bollocks, fouling and fucking cheating.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2019, 11:53:34 PM »
respect to bielsa and the other 10 leeds players for realising they were wrong. pontus jannson and stuart atwell need to be sacked. el ghazi's red rescinded please!

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #280 on: April 28, 2019, 11:59:56 PM »
OK there's a lot of bad feeling and we're football fans and all but sorry, Bielsa did a good thing that a lot of people - including many of us - would not have had the balls to do, and the people doubting his sincerity out whatever are I think being more than a little bit Leeds themselves. Let's have some class, say fair play, stop being so begrudging and mean-spirited and just leave it at that.
Well said Monty.

Spot on.

Bielsa did the right thing.

The biggest incident of shit-housery was the c*** who slowed down and acted like he was putting it out of play, only to roll it down the line to a team mate.

Even the guy who scored has apologised, so I think the gracious thing to do is forget about it.

Bamford, on the other hand, is a different matter entirely.

Agreed. Bamford needs dissolving in a vat of my piss.

Online KRS

« Reply #281 on: April 29, 2019, 12:08:28 AM »
There's some Leeds fans chatting serious shit BTL on the Guardian match report.  I know all fans are one-eyed to a certain extent but they're basically arguing that black is white.

I've to step away from it, I could end up wasting a lot of valuable time and energy.

Never, ever read BTL. Does anyone you like and respect bother their arse writing on there. It's for Billy no mates who has no one real to talk to. Says the man contributing to a fan forum... but it's different.
What's BTL?  ::)

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2019, 12:21:48 AM »
Bacon Lettuce and Tomato for dyslexics

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #283 on: April 29, 2019, 01:01:54 AM »
Apart from their knuckle dragging tactics in trying to injure our players, I saw nothing to fear against this lot should we meet them in the final.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #284 on: April 29, 2019, 01:05:29 AM »
This game was just the latest chapter in possibly the weirdest 12 months in our history.

Financially well and truly fucked, cabbage, losing to Burton fucking Albion, missing a penalty and it resulting in something positive, 5-5, 3 down with ten to go, Hutton turning into Messi for 30 seconds, Jack's assault, 10 in a row, looking like conceding a goal every time the opposition got the ball and that includes them having a goal kick, twice going a couple of months with relegation form and yet are favourites to win the play-offs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal