collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 57293 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #255 on: April 28, 2019, 10:00:31 PM »
the decision to stop play is the refs.
The game turned into a farce.
I hope Smith tells them in future let the ref be the ref.

It’s not the playing on, it’s the giving the clear impression you’re going to put it out and then playing on when our players stop.

Correct
I get that, I am talking about the previous incident when we kicked the ball out.
Which set the events in motion.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #256 on: April 28, 2019, 10:05:53 PM »
OK there's a lot of bad feeling and we're football fans and all but sorry, Bielsa did a good thing that a lot of people - including many of us - would not have had the balls to do, and the people doubting his sincerity out whatever are I think being more than a little bit Leeds themselves. Let's have some class, say fair play, stop being so begrudging and mean-spirited and just leave it at that.
Well said Monty.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #257 on: April 28, 2019, 10:12:18 PM »
Agreed.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2019, 10:18:42 PM »

Bamford is a wanker and he better be banned for the next three games, mind.

Or as others have said, please don't ban him.  He's crap.

Offline hilts_coolerking

« Reply #259 on: April 28, 2019, 10:20:40 PM »
There's some Leeds fans chatting serious shit BTL on the Guardian match report.  I know all fans are one-eyed to a certain extent but they're basically arguing that black is white.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2019, 10:21:29 PM »

Bamford is a wanker and he better be banned for the next three games, mind.

Or as others have said, please don't ban him.  He's crap.

he just doesn't look like a footballer more squash or badders

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2019, 10:22:44 PM »
There's some Leeds fans chatting serious shit BTL on the Guardian match report.  I know all fans are one-eyed to a certain extent but they're basically arguing that black is white.

I've to step away from it, I could end up wasting a lot of valuable time and energy.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2019, 10:23:55 PM »
I thought we were well on top until the madness at end. Messy enough game, Grealish was quiet and McGinn was wild and downright idiotic at times. Also we missed Abraham hugely, Kodjia's legs are gone unfortunately so any direct ball sent up front was easily dealt with. Need to give Davis 90 mins next weekend.

Green didn't make the most of his opportunity, would have left him on mind at the time as we just starting to make an impact. Thought Smith took an unnecessary gamble with his team selection and we nearly paid the price. Mings is the best centre back that has played for us in years. Steer and Elmo very solid. Wasn't overly impressed with Tuanzebe before his woeful efforts for their goal. He needs another game next week. Thought Hourihane did well today too but balance of our midfield isn't right without Whelan.

Steer 7, Elmo 8, Tuanzebe 5, Mings 9, Taylor 6, Hourihane 7, McGinn 5, Grealish 6, Green 5, Kodjia 5, El Ghazi 7.

Tuanzebe 5?? Commentator: "Mings and Tuanzebe have been simply outstanding today" I don't know what game you were watching?....he deserved an 8

Watch their goal again...and yes I did watch the game

Offline mike

« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2019, 10:26:47 PM »

I've to step away from it, I could end up wasting a lot of valuable time and energy.

Never, ever read BTL. Does anyone you like and respect bother their arse writing on there. It's for Billy no mates who has no one real to talk to. Says the man contributing to a fan forum... but it's different.

Offline hilts_coolerking

« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2019, 10:29:09 PM »
Never, ever read BTL. Does anyone you like and respect bother their arse writing on there. It's for Billy no mates who has no one real to talk to. Says the man contributing to a fan forum... but it's different.
That goes double for the Telegraph.  Seriously, it makes you doubt your faith in humanity.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2019, 10:29:34 PM »
OK there's a lot of bad feeling and we're football fans and all but sorry, Bielsa did a good thing that a lot of people - including many of us - would not have had the balls to do, and the people doubting his sincerity out whatever are I think being more than a little bit Leeds themselves. Let's have some class, say fair play, stop being so begrudging and mean-spirited and just leave it at that.
Well said Monty.

Spot on.

Bielsa did the right thing.

The biggest incident of shit-housery was the ****** who slowed down and acted like he was putting it out of play, only to roll it down the line to a team mate.

Even the guy who scored has apologised, so I think the gracious thing to do is forget about it.

Bamford, on the other hand, is a different matter entirely.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2019, 10:32:00 PM »
I thought we were well on top until the madness at end. Messy enough game, Grealish was quiet and McGinn was wild and downright idiotic at times. Also we missed Abraham hugely, Kodjia's legs are gone unfortunately so any direct ball sent up front was easily dealt with. Need to give Davis 90 mins next weekend.

Green didn't make the most of his opportunity, would have left him on mind at the time as we just starting to make an impact. Thought Smith took an unnecessary gamble with his team selection and we nearly paid the price. Mings is the best centre back that has played for us in years. Steer and Elmo very solid. Wasn't overly impressed with Tuanzebe before his woeful efforts for their goal. He needs another game next week. Thought Hourihane did well today too but balance of our midfield isn't right without Whelan.

Steer 7, Elmo 8, Tuanzebe 5, Mings 9, Taylor 6, Hourihane 7, McGinn 5, Grealish 6, Green 5, Kodjia 5, El Ghazi 7.

Tuanzebe 5?? Commentator: "Mings and Tuanzebe have been simply outstanding today" I don't know what game you were watching?....he deserved an 8

Watch their goal again...and yes I did watch the game

So if it is solely because of the goal, (when most of the players on the pitch bar two in white had stopped playing), why does Elmo get 8? After all he is woefully out of position as well.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2019, 10:34:48 PM »
Does anyone know why Bamford was booked? Because if it was for some other incident other then clothes line incident then he could be mightily screwed when the FA review all of the incidents in after the goal including the dive.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #268 on: April 28, 2019, 10:36:45 PM »
Can't wait to smash the dirty bastards at Wembley

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2019, 10:38:47 PM »
I've never rated Kodjia

I accept he can do something amazing every half dozen games but he doesn't offer enough in lots of other areas
ie team play, goals, decision making, he's to greedy, work ethic

I don't think he's a Smith sort of team player and would like to see him moved on in the summer

Not even when he scored 19 the first season, most of them from his own skill?

Granted he has not been anywhere near the same player since the long layoff due to the injury and since that I think you are correct in offering anything now but to say you never rated him seems a bit much.
I part agree with John too....even when he scored lots of goals he was and still is very greedy, Deans has improved it a little. Out of all of our forwards and wingers he’s the laziest especially tracking back
So I see what John means not Deano’s Sort of player. If we don’t go up, def a few quit to cash in on

He isn't remotely the same player or athlete he was 2 seasons ago. He was always selfish for sure but he was far more mobile back then. Injury has done him in unfortunately, like it did for JPA and Bent.

Still has a decent forwards instinct in the box but Kodjia needs moving on, no matter what division we are in next season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal