collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by paul_e
[Today at 09:54:05 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:51:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:51:44 PM]

Player Discipline, Bookings and Suspension by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:28:43 PM]

Robin Olsen by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:25:36 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 57302 times)

Offline old man villa fan

Re: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #195 on: April 28, 2019, 06:00:51 PM »
Same old cheating Leeds. New style manager.

Incompetent Assistant Refs.  The first missed the clear offside that would have prevented the controversy and the second assumed an offence that he did not see.  The referee was closer to the incident and clearly in his line of sight, so why he listened to his assistant, is amazing.  Bamford should be banned for blatantly getting a player sent off and that was after he had him in a strangle hold.

Time to rest key players next week.  We have enough squad players that have made appearances this season to bring in so that it would not be seen to be playing a weakened side.  The rule does not say that you always have to play your best side.

Having watched it again, it was the same Assistant in both cases.  How on earth he could have seen the incident when both players had their backs to him (or to be generous, side on).

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2019, 06:01:22 PM »
Not sure how we can be described as awful today.

The chances that were created, came from us. Leeds waste half their time shooting from 30 yards out a mile wide or high.

They closed us down and the repeated lamping of Grealish knocked him off his stride. I felt their centre half went in two footed first half, but I've not seen it back. Constant little niggles and Sunday fouls. Hernandez's one on Green was just irritating.

Thought we were a bit loose in midfield defensively off the ball, but that's in part Hourihane being there and not Whelan.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #197 on: April 28, 2019, 06:07:40 PM »
Did anyone ask DS in interviews afterwards where was Davis?

We finished with Adomah as a false 9 striker today so not a tactic that's going to get us much joy in the play offs. We need some forwards fit.

https://twitter.com/avfcofficial/status/1122512360781037569?s=21

Official post match Deano 3m10

Not had chance to catch up with Kodj but says “Jonathan’s hurt his foot, I’m sure it won’t be too bad” , says Keinan fell ill yesterday, “we’ll all be ready for Norwich City”.

Doesn’t seem too worried about Steer either.

Maybe summarising not based on too much, but good to not hear big concerns.

« Reply #198 on: April 28, 2019, 06:07:56 PM »
Not sure how we can be described as awful today.

The chances that were created, came from us. Leeds waste half their time shooting from 30 yards out a mile wide or high.

They closed us down and the repeated lamping of Grealish knocked him off his stride. I felt their centre half went in two footed first half, but I've not seen it back. Constant little niggles and Sunday fouls. Hernandez's one on Green was just irritating.

Thought we were a bit loose in midfield defensively off the ball, but that's in part Hourihane being there and not Whelan.

Paul Robinson (ex goalkeeper) was in the studio and said Cooper could very easily have been sent off as he looked as though he deliberately followed through.

« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2019, 06:10:00 PM »
Did anyone ask DS in interviews afterwards where was Davis?

We finished with Adomah as a false 9 striker today so not a tactic that's going to get us much joy in the play offs. We need some forwards fit.

Jedinak was the false 9  :)

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2019, 06:12:06 PM »
Paul Robinson (ex goalkeeper) was in the studio and said Cooper could very easily have been sent off as he looked as though he deliberately followed through.
I thought it was a deserved booking but not a red.  SJM let fly with a real two-footed jump in the second half but by that point the ref had lost all control, and so had some of the players.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #201 on: April 28, 2019, 06:14:03 PM »
Jedinak hauling his ageing bones around up front for a few minutes was hilarious. 

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #202 on: April 28, 2019, 06:14:49 PM »
Jedinak hauling his ageing bones around up front for a few minutes was hilarious.
His beard at least was ahead of the play.

« Reply #203 on: April 28, 2019, 06:17:15 PM »
I thought it was a deserved booking but not a red.  SJM let fly with a real two-footed jump in the second half but by that point the ref had lost all control, and so had some of the players.

The big difference between the two was that Cooper's was towards the player which is far more dangerous because it is difficult for the player to ride it.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #204 on: April 28, 2019, 06:18:23 PM »
the Bamford thing was the worst thing I saw today

I don't think they were right but I can understand why a striker goes for goal I can understand why a defender doesn't want to stand aside while someone puts the ball in the net

It's the spirit of sporting fair play v the competitive will to win, sporting spirit should win every time but it doesn't always

what I can't understand is how Bamford blatantly cheats to get another player sent off, doing something so low and despicable that could maybe even affect the players future career, play acting downright cheating to get a fellow professional sent off is a disgrace

that sort of cheating where it is obvious and there is no doubt whatsoever should be 6 months ban minimum

there is no place for it in football

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #205 on: April 28, 2019, 06:25:10 PM »
Same old cheating Leeds. New style manager.

Incompetent Assistant Refs.  The first missed the clear offside that would have prevented the controversy and the second assumed an offence that he did not see.  The referee was closer to the incident and clearly in his line of sight, so why he listened to his assistant, is amazing.  Bamford should be banned for blatantly getting a player sent off and that was after he had him in a strangle hold.

Time to rest key players next week.  We have enough squad players that have made appearances this season to bring in so that it would not be seen to be playing a weakened side.  The rule does not say that you always have to play your best side.

Having watched it again, it was the same Assistant in both cases.  How on earth he could have seen the incident when both players had their backs to him (or to be generous, side on).
My thoughts.
It was the same assistant that missed the offside for their goal and got El Ghazi sent off. What an incompetent twat.
I thought our players stood up to their bully boy antics manfully. Bamford should recieve a retrospective ban for his scurrilous antics. Leeds fans yelling like howling banshees at every decision that didn't go their way. Bielsa is bat shit crazy but deserves huge credit for giving us a free goal. If we can overcome the boggies and meet dirty leeds in the final i would fancy our chances. They're not all that. Finally i pray that Deano pulls Jack,SJM and Mings out of the firing line next week.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2019, 06:25:18 PM »
Pleased with draw today, advantage Villa if we have to play them again. Bielsa did the decent thing at the time re our goal, but he's the tw-t that sent his players out to intimidate/injure our players when really there was nothing riding on the game. What was that rant for aimed at Terry? His so called sporting behaviour didn't last for long before we saw the real Bielsa again. Their fans are whinging whining moaning cnuts, nothing new there. Our great team spirit came to the fore again. Always proud to be a Villan! UTV!

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2019, 06:25:27 PM »
Agree with that there is a big difference between making the most of it and plain acting to fuck with another player. I doubt much will come if it but that footage will follow him around and he must be ashamed of himself.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #208 on: April 28, 2019, 06:27:00 PM »
If we play them in the final it will be like a derby and I fancy us to have a better siege mentality.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #209 on: April 28, 2019, 06:29:48 PM »
With 11v11 I dont think they got behind us once or caused us any problems of note. I'd fancy us to do them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal