collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by London Villan
[Today at 10:50:20 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by algy
[Today at 10:49:27 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 10:44:26 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:32:05 AM]

Champions League Contention by paul_e
[Today at 10:26:30 AM]

Diego Carlos by tomd2103
[Today at 10:24:33 AM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Max Villan
[Today at 10:17:02 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by eamonn
[Today at 09:58:22 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Millwall Post Match Thread  (Read 23423 times)

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Aston Villa v Millwall Post Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2019, 05:28:20 AM »
Disagree I am afraid.  I think it was an outstanding display,at of goalkeeping.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2019, 05:33:38 AM »
Most of them were straight at him, same as the Bristol match. El Ghazi especially should have buried his chance when he was clean through.

Online exigo

« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2019, 08:55:02 AM »
You could edit a ten part series of away goalkeeper saves in front of the Holte this season.
It's largely fine in the current run of picking up the points we need, but in the play-offs there's a massive difference between a 1-0 and 3-0 first leg lead. If we're going to play at home first, we need to be absolutely clinical and make the second leg largely irrelevant.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2019, 09:07:20 AM »
We’ve had days like Derby and Sheff Wed when they all go in and then days like yesterday when the keeper has a blinder.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2019, 09:26:00 AM »
Most of them were straight at him, same as the Bristol match. El Ghazi especially should have buried his chance when he was clean through.

Yeah, I thought he scuffed it a bit, it didn’t Have much power. Made it a lot easier for the keeper than it should have been

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2019, 09:34:34 AM »
the goals dried up at just this point last season - we need to be clinical to get through regardless of who we play. Having said that, it seems churlish to criticize after making history.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2019, 09:57:44 AM »
What a momentous achievement, 10 wins in a row.

I've seen some highlights and we could and should have won by more. The more pleasing things in the winning run is that we aren't conceding many goals now, while we have half a dozen players at any one time who look like they could score.

Long may it continue.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2019, 10:34:05 AM »
I've got to give credit to some of the Millwall supporters for yesterday.  Had a few beers with a group of the at All Bar One at New Street Station, a large group we ended up on a train carriage to Witton with who were talking to my young nephews about football, and the group who were talking to my nephews when they were bit intimidated at the noise as we were in with a large group of their fans at Witton Station heading to VP. Also was glad to see their fans applaud at half time for those that have represented our club who have passed during the last year.

I know they have a reputation, but from my experience yesterday I can only say positive things.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2019, 10:37:45 AM »
I've got to give credit to some of the Millwall supporters for yesterday.  Had a few beers with a group of the at All Bar One at New Street Station, a large group we ended up on a train carriage to Witton with who were talking to my young nephews about football, and the group who were talking to my nephews when they were bit intimidated at the noise as we were in with a large group of their fans at Witton Station heading to VP. Also was glad to see their fans applaud at half time for those that have represented our club who have passed during the last year.

I know they have a reputation, but from my experience yesterday I can only say positive things.

Yep, at Milwall away earlier this year I got chatting to a fair few groups of their fans at a pub near London Bridge and they were pretty pleasant to talk football to.

One shook my hand and said "Nice to meet you mate, keep an eye out for me - I'll be in the corner giving you shit for 90 mins!"

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2019, 10:39:23 AM »
As for the game, it should have been 3-4 if not for some poor finishing.  We have been very wasteful recently and I hope that doesn't become a problem during the playoffs. Played very well overall with some nice passing and movement (except throw-ins...), defended well although at times we managed to put ourselves under unnecessary pressure.

Well done to the team on an excellent achievement in a decade of mostly breaking unwanted records.

Whatever we think of some of those individuals and their performances over their time at the Villa, every single one of them will be remembered fondly for being part of the Villa team with the longest winning streak in our history.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 10:40:57 AM by itbrvilla »

Offline kentishvillan

« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2019, 10:57:21 AM »

Agreed. I’ve been at all the games home and away (except the 2013 FA Cup tie) against Millwall and haven’t seen a single incident at any one of them. One of the great myths of football is that they’re all violent lunatics. Like most clubs back in the day they had a bunch of idiots, but these days their following home and away is very small and largely law abiding. In fact, having lived in SE London and Kent for years I’ve seen first hand what fantastic work they do with  their various community schemes and football schools etc. No problem at all with Millwall, prefer their fans to the ‘Jonny come lately’ followers of Chelsea, Arsenal et al any day!

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2019, 11:00:26 AM »
I sold just down from the away end yesterday. No problems at all. All those who spoke to me were sound.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2019, 11:07:48 AM »
I sold just down from the away end yesterday. No problems at all. All those who spoke to me were sound.

We went past you in our taxi. You were crossing the road by Tesco around half ten. I think it was you anyway.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2019, 11:08:58 AM »

The two blokes who bought H&V in error and them came back were both very polite

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2019, 11:14:44 AM »
The big lads all come out of retirement for their big FA cup ties and Wembley outings.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal