collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa fans all saying the same thing about Steve Bruce at Sheffield Wed  (Read 34091 times)

Offline Damo70

He has gone and we have moved on. He had his chance and was too cautious to fully capitalise on it. He also left us with an unbalanced squad.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
He lied repeatedly, blamed everyone else to deflect from his own incompetence, insulted the fans, gave it the big one after beating mighty Rotherham at home, so he can go fuck himself. That said if I was at the game I wouldn't boo him, i'd just ignore him and leave him to watch what football should be like as we tear Weds apart non stop.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
I wish him no ill will and it's a shame about his parents we move on I just want three points against his Sheff Wed side.

Roughly where I am with it. He's gone, we happen to be up against his new side on Saturday but the three points are all that matters really.

Offline rougegorge

I hope the team and fans don't get embroiled in focusing on Bruce as it may end up deflecting from the task in hand - a game we need to win.

I won't be jeering or cheering him on Saturday. He wasn't the best of managers, but equally we've had much worse. He made some bad signings and made some decent ones too. He always seems a genuine bloke as well.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
He lied repeatedly, blamed everyone else to deflect from his own incompetence, insulted the fans, gave it the big one after beating mighty Rotherham at home, so he can go fuck himself. That said if I was at the game I wouldn't boo him, i'd just ignore him and leave him to watch what football should be like as we tear Weds apart non stop.

In the interests of balance...Also ran McCormack from the club, helped Grealish turn his career around, signed McGinn, got us to the playoff final and gutted a thoroughly underperforming squad.

His post game comments after that Rotherham game were pathetic alright, we were woeful the same day and fortunate to win! I think it was apparent reasonably early this season how woefully unbalanced the squad was, Bruce no doubt realised this far too late.

Bruce was our best manager since MON I'd argue, faint praise but still there are some real clowns in that list.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
He took us over in the bottom half of the championship with an unbalanced squad that were struggling to win games because of defensive lapses and left us 2 years later with an unbalanced squad that was struggling to win win games because of the defence.

That's what he should be remembered for, 2 years with loads of money and left us exactly where he found us having been part of a management group that nearly bankrupt us.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
If we win on Saturday, he'll  probably try and claim the credit for that

Offline Damo70

I would put money on him shoehorning the fact he got us to a play off final into any post match conversation.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

I would put money on him shoehorning the fact he got us to a play off final into any post match conversation.

Don’t forget him saving us from relegation in his first season too. (Even though that was never remotely likely).

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
We should set up Brucie Bingo for his conference

Offline colin69

I’ve nothing against the bloke, he did his best but it was nowhere near good enough. I hope he doesn’t get abuse.

We are in a far better place now.

Offline adrenachrome

۪۪۪۪۪۪۪۪ ۪۪۪۪۪۪۪۪۪۪, ۪۪۪۪۪۪ ۪۪۪۪۪, ۪۪۪۪۪۪۪ . ۪۪۪۪ ۪۪۪۪ .

Sent from my Iphone.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Are you Joleon Lescott?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
The last in a long line of underachieving managers after MON left us in the shit.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
۪۪۪۪۪۪۪۪ ۪۪۪۪۪۪۪۪۪۪, ۪۪۪۪۪۪ ۪۪۪۪۪, ۪۪۪۪۪۪۪ . ۪۪۪۪ ۪۪۪۪ .

Sent from my Iphone.

I see that as well, why does that happen?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal