collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Morgan Rogers - Signed by AV84
[Today at 11:07:10 AM]

Champions League Contention by Sdwbvf
[Today at 11:06:33 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:06:04 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Richard E
[Today at 11:05:02 AM]

Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:57:28 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Villan82
[Today at 10:54:01 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:32:05 AM]

Diego Carlos by tomd2103
[Today at 10:24:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa fans all saying the same thing about Steve Bruce at Sheffield Wed  (Read 34103 times)

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
The Mail asking Villa fans to be thankful for the shit we were left in by Steve Bruce? This is why you should never click on their shit. Shitrag bollocks.

you don't think they have nothing to report on do you ??

Offline Nastylee

I will struggle to forgive him for spoiling my day at Wembley with that total no show and cowardly tactics.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
FOPH
Yep, that’s about summed it up for me.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
I wish him no ill will and it's a shame about his parents we move on I just want three points against his Sheff Wed side.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
I'm reasonably ambivalent towards Bruce. He came, steadied thevshipnand did a good job to get us tothe playoff final but was too 'Steve Bruce' on the day. He then was lazy once the takeover happened and looked for a pay off.

I'm glad we have Dean Smith whatever happens this season now.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
In a few years time I'll barely remember that he managed us.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
In a few years time I'll barely remember that he managed us.

I'm kind of going that way now

Offline Leicester_Villian

Its been reported he attempted to block the extra allocation of tickets ....sounds like he knows exactly what we think of him !!!

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Its been reported he attempted to block the extra allocation of tickets ....sounds like he knows exactly what we think of him !!!

There is only so much cabbage one person can eat.

Offline SW9-VILLA

Hope we beat them but think the pantomime villain thing is overdoing it a bit.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
For me we are going to have a couple of days Thursday / Friday when the mgr press conferences are on for the weekend where his press pals are going to make out that he was a massive victim of big bully Villa and he will probably say something to fuel that.

We’ll have a tough game against Wednesday because this is his ‘free hit’ season like Pulis last year at Boro who turned up & played Traore because it wasn’t ‘his team’ then this year reverted to type with mind numbing football Bruce will do the same come August.

Whilst he was going through the horrible time with his parents he got nothing but support and respect which was you’d expect - he should have gone after he bottled the play off final with his panic about opposition tactics but financial circumstances left him as a safe-ish pair of hands.  Once the new owners walked in and he knew he was on thin ice he struck me as a kid having a tantrum, his transfer dealings were shit or bust & he knew bust meant a big fat cheque came his way.  Signing Bolasie on stupid wages when he wasn’t immediately available was crass stupidity & although he went after Bryan & the French centre back he sanctioned Elphick leaving without adequate cover, bonkers!

With the expensive, experienced back room staff he had at his disposal and the ability to bring in Premier League quality like Terry & Snodgrass he failed massively.

He’ll only be remembered as the latest in a long line to fail to get to grips with the job.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
I still think Bruce did a lot for us and was pretty pivotal in stopping us heading into absolute free-fall.

I like him a lot and think he deserves respect for his time here, tbh.

Online Chico Hamilton III

I still think Bruce did a lot for us and was pretty pivotal in stopping us heading into absolute free-fall..

He was appointed to take us up, not tread water. We chucked the kitchen sink at it and he failed

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
I still think Bruce did a lot for us and was pretty pivotal in stopping us heading into absolute free-fall.

What a pile of bollocks.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024

The season he did a lot for us was the first season after we came down when he stabilised and stopped the rot up to Christmas, though in my view he proved that season what was to come with some truly eye bleeding football and poor runs of form allied to spending huge sums of money on transfers.

Getting to the Play Off final last season masked so may deficiencies in his management and the shit or bust approach he’d (and Wyness/Xia) taken to getting promoted.

The guy like so many other British managers has been left behind by modern football, he can come in and organise a bunch of underperforming players with little money and a defensive mindset (there or thereabouts) but ask him to construct a team with money and a progressive approach and he just can’t do it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal