collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa fans all saying the same thing about Steve Bruce at Sheffield Wed  (Read 34094 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Liked him as a bloke when he first come

disliked him in the end with his bullshit at the end

He could have completely fu@ked up this club in the end .

Anyway we move on.

Offline Damo70

I wouldn't applaud him and I wouldn't jeer him. I sympathize with his parents passing and his health scare. Nice guy, a reasonably good manager who did his best and came close to taking us up and can consider himself unlucky with how the play off final panned out. He was quite rightly given a reasonable amount of time this season but it was clear by the end (and probably even sooner than that) that it was time to go. His excuses and little digs at us fans towards the end were annoying and clearly a defensive distraction tactic on his part. He obviously thought that as the kids today would say it was 'our bad' for not being appreciative of negative football and a mid table position. I was quite happy when he was appointed and quite happy when he was sacked. He may well get Sheffield Wednesday promoted in the next year or two and everyone in the media will tell us we were wrong to sack him. But they would be wrong.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
He should never have been appointed.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
FOPH

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
I respected him as a bloke but I thought he pretty much under performed for most of the time he was here given the resources available to him. I think he deserves neither stick nor praise, which pretty much sums up his tenure. Meh.

I wish him well for the future, apart from Saturday.

Offline clash city rocker

He's gone and we are moving forward now which will do for me.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Can't stand the bloke.  I hope we absolutely batter Wednesday, then we can all be condescendingly nice about him afterwards.  He can put it down to it being "one of those horrible ones" and how we never gave him a chance, and we can move further towards a play off place, while he wallows in mid table mediocrity a bit longer.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
They were shite against Stoke and haven't lost under him yet, so I hope we give them the run around and put 3 on them.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
Over the last few years, a Bruce v Smith game normally sees the former and his team get a lesson in pass and move.

I hope we absolutely batter them.

Offline Allan C

We should neither boo him or cheer him IMO. He was never suited to us and lasted 18 months longer then he should of but that’s not his fault. He’s gone now and is just a poor memory for me for all the reasons quoted above.

Offline cheltenhamlion

Over the last few years, a Bruce v Smith game normally sees the former and his team get a lesson in pass and move.

I hope we absolutely batter them.

Exactly what I was thinking.

P.S. Fuck the fat, negligent tosser.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
Either a very non-representative selection of fans quoted or else the vibe about Bruce on here was atypical.  Nothing personal against him but he was a very mediocre football manager who wasted a fortune (McGinn excepted) and still managed to leave behind a hopelessly inadequate lopsided squad.   

Offline KRS

Who gives a shit? He's gone and has been replaced by a manager that immediately got the same bunch of players playing some of the best football we've seen down Villa Park in years. I sympathise with his personal life issues last year but we have nothing to thank him for as a manager. We go there, do a professional job and come home with 3pts. 

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
The Mail asking Villa fans to be thankful for the shit we were left in by Steve Bruce? This is why you should never click on their shit. Shitrag bollocks.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Who gives a shit? He's gone and has been replaced by a manager that immediately got the same bunch of players playing some of the best football we've seen down Villa Park in years. I sympathise with his personal life issues last year but we have nothing to thank him for as a manager. We go there, do a professional job and come home with 3pts. 

My thoughts exactly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal