collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 282042 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #2175 on: January 29, 2024, 04:37:36 PM »
Dismissed by Howe. Dismissed by SUE.

Fair enough, but until Ornstein confirms it, I’m worried.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2176 on: January 29, 2024, 05:02:28 PM »
We will end up building a statue to Grealish for the "FFP headroom" he created for us alone. Surely our club and the chasing pack are pointing out the glaring consequences of FFP to the authorities? Incentivise academy farms and players running down their contracts. We are chasing a CL spot after years in the wilderness, primarily due to the exceptional coaching of Emery and coming under pressure to sell Ramsey. It beggars belief really.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2177 on: January 29, 2024, 05:03:58 PM »
That it's not accounting for inflation makes it nonsensical.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2178 on: January 29, 2024, 05:06:10 PM »
We will end up building a statue to Grealish for the "FFP headroom" he created for us alone. Surely our club and the chasing pack are pointing out the glaring consequences of FFP to the authorities? Incentivise academy farms and players running down their contracts. We are chasing a CL spot after years in the wilderness, primarily due to the exceptional coaching of Emery and coming under pressure to sell Ramsey. It beggars belief really.
True.  But the alternative is Man City part 2.  I think it's more realistic to catch the likes of Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool with superb coaching, player trading and increasing our commercial success than it would be to compete with 2 oil state-owned clubs without FFP.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2179 on: January 29, 2024, 05:09:06 PM »
I'm for any rules that strongly favour us and disadvantage all of our rivals. I would like to push for rules that reflect that state of affairs. Financial Fair Play for You; Not us.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2180 on: January 29, 2024, 05:32:42 PM »
I'm for any rules that strongly favour us and disadvantage all of our rivals. I would like to push for rules that reflect that state of affairs. Financial Fair Play for You; Not us.

Yes, maybe an exception for clubs that were original founder members of the league that are not moving to new stadiums and don't smell of pork scratchings and foundries.

Something like that?

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #2181 on: January 29, 2024, 05:33:10 PM »
True.  But the alternative is Man City part 2.  I think it's more realistic to catch the likes of Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool with superb coaching, player trading and increasing our commercial success than it would be to compete with 2 oil state-owned clubs without FFP.

Yeah, people might not enjoy what's happening but imagine saying to Newcastle "spend what you like". It doesn't matter how rich our owners are, we cannot compete with states. Eitherway it isn't "fair" but not much is.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2182 on: January 29, 2024, 05:55:44 PM »

Yeah, people might not enjoy what's happening but imagine saying to Newcastle "spend what you like". It doesn't matter how rich our owners are, we cannot compete with states. Eitherway it isn't "fair" but not much is.

I sort of agree but...

That it's not accounting for inflation makes it nonsensical.

100% this.

Also, as much as it's funny to see Newcastle with all tha money behind them and not able to use it, the supposed purpose of FFP wasn't to stop teams accelerating their growth with outside funding but rather to stop teams pushing themselves to the brink of financial collapse. If it really is about the latter there are better ways to resolve it than creating a loophole where selling your academy products is the right thing to do.

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #2183 on: January 29, 2024, 05:56:18 PM »
Basically the press have nothing to talk about this transfer window. FFP (or whatever it is called now) means no transfers for the majority of the EPL. They have column inches to fill and clicks to bait. Best make something up sharpish.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2184 on: January 29, 2024, 06:10:14 PM »
Ads's inflation point is a good one.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2185 on: January 29, 2024, 06:16:02 PM »
When did the £105m amount come into play?  Back on inflation surely it should be lifted to reflect the market.  For example Grealish went for £100m - then Rice went for £105m who is not even an attacking midfielder.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #2186 on: January 29, 2024, 06:22:34 PM »
This is Jacob Tanswell in The Athletic today. Wonder if he's had a word with David Ornstein?

Tanswell is the journo who covers Villa for The Athletic.

ASTON VILLA BOSS UNAI EMERY INSISTS HE WANTS JACOB RAMSEY TO STAY AMIDST TRANSFER INTEREST

Aston Villa head coach Unai Emery says he “100 per cent” wants to keep midfielder Jacob Ramsey after recent interest in the midfielder.

The Athletic exclusively reported on Monday that Newcastle United had made an approach, while Tottenham Hotspur and Bayern Munich were also interested.

Ramsey, 22, is an academy graduate and a sale — in the region of £50million — would ease fears over complying with profitability and sustainability regulations (PSR) before the end of the financial year on June 30.

“Jacob Ramsey is a very important player,” said Emery. “He grew up here in the academy. His progression is clear and getting better. I want to keep him here with us.

“Teams maybe involved in the possibility to sign him, because he has big potential with Aston Villa and England, 100 per cent.”

Meanwhile, Emery says he hopes to bring players in, with Villa remaining interested in Middlesbrough forward Morgan Rogers.

“Tomorrow we are playing against Newcastle. That’s the most important than the transfer window. My focus is completely tomorrow Newcastle.

“But the club is working for some players who can leave and if we can add one or two players.”
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 06:24:44 PM by SaddVillan »

Online paul_e

« Reply #2187 on: January 29, 2024, 06:23:26 PM »
When did the £105m amount come into play?  Back on inflation surely it should be lifted to reflect the market.  For example Grealish went for £100m - then Rice went for £105m who is not even an attacking midfielder.

2011/12 and fees in the premier league have more than doubled since, and wages have risen even faster.

Add to that the fact that the general costs to run the club, other staffi,ng etc will all have increased massively in the last few years and you have a very clear reason why so many clubs are flying so close to the sun.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #2188 on: January 29, 2024, 06:40:30 PM »
Somebody on twitter said clubs are allowed to lose £5m a year, but owners are allowed to put in £90m in share capital, and that’s where the £105m comes from.

Can’t be right can it?

Online paul_e

« Reply #2189 on: January 29, 2024, 06:50:35 PM »
Somebody on twitter said clubs are allowed to lose £5m a year, but owners are allowed to put in £90m in share capital, and that’s where the £105m comes from.

Can’t be right can it?

Yeah, that's about right. If all their borrowing was from banks, etc it would be £15m

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal