collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 282040 times)

Offline jwarry

Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #1440 on: May 15, 2023, 09:05:52 AM »
Needs a better song than that.

He's a £50m player now as well, imo.

when he's on it.  Hit and miss for me.  Needs to toughen up when running through with the ball into the box.  Too often goes missing

He’s only 21.  At 23 he will be a world beater and all the big sides in Europe will be clamouring for his signature, just hope we are one of them so we don’t have to sell…

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #1441 on: May 15, 2023, 09:15:08 AM »
It's actually mad that he's only 21 (albeit only for another couple of weeks). He seems to have been around forever. As others have said, he's going to be a bit hit or miss, in a season or two the consistency should come.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1442 on: May 15, 2023, 09:35:37 AM »

I'm not sure about that.  I think he's been pretty average in the last few weeks.

An excellent goal on Saturday and is generally a very accomplished finisher.  He's pretty much got unlimited potential given his age, but at the moment he goes missing too often and in my opinion slows down attacks too much at times too.  I'm excited for his future but sometimes I think he needs some time out the team.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1443 on: May 15, 2023, 11:34:47 AM »

I'm not sure about that.  I think he's been pretty average in the last few weeks.

An excellent goal on Saturday and is generally a very accomplished finisher.  He's pretty much got unlimited potential given his age, but at the moment he goes missing too often and in my opinion slows down attacks too much at times too.  I'm excited for his future but sometimes I think he needs some time out the team.

Remember though that Alex Iwobi is a £35m player.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #1444 on: May 16, 2023, 01:36:59 AM »

Value for money wise that has to be one of the worst prem to prem transfers in history.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1445 on: May 16, 2023, 03:07:16 AM »

Value for money wise that has to be one of the worst prem to prem transfers in history.

It’s massively shit. But I don’t think it’s worse than Dele Alli to Everton for £40m, Anthony Gordon to Newcastle for £45m, back in the day Vernon to Man U for £40m, Andy Carroll to Liverpool for £37m, Rodwell to Sunderland for £12m but the finances nearly crippled them, or the worst of all Drinkwater to Chelsea for £35m.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1446 on: May 16, 2023, 06:38:29 AM »
All of which support the idea that Ramsey can't be far off being 'worth' £50m.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1447 on: May 16, 2023, 06:54:21 AM »
It's actually mad that he's only 21 (albeit only for another couple of weeks). He seems to have been around forever. As others have said, he's going to be a bit hit or miss, in a season or two the consistency should come.

Look how inconsistent Dougie was at that age and look at him now. Other than Mings h
Dougie is our stand out and most consistent player we have now.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1448 on: May 16, 2023, 07:35:51 AM »
Brewster Liverpool to Sunderland was a cracker.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #1449 on: May 16, 2023, 02:41:32 PM »

It’s massively shit. But I don’t think it’s worse than Dele Alli to Everton for £40m, Anthony Gordon to Newcastle for £45m, back in the day Vernon to Man U for £40m, Andy Carroll to Liverpool for £37m, Rodwell to Sunderland for £12m but the finances nearly crippled them, or the worst of all Drinkwater to Chelsea for £35m.

Yeah, Alli and Drinkwater are definitely worse. Gordon I think could be but I think there is maybe some potential there if he stopped being a whiney little prick. I'm going just by how he played against Liverpool, he ran them ragged for Everton.

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1450 on: May 16, 2023, 03:06:36 PM »

Yeah, Alli and Drinkwater are definitely worse. Gordon I think could be but I think there is maybe some potential there if he stopped being a whiney little prick. I'm going just by how he played against Liverpool, he ran them ragged for Everton.

I'm pretty sure Alli was a free transfer, with up to £40m in 'add ons' based on metrics like appearances, the club's performance, sell-on percentage and so on.  Given he's only played about a dozen games, and not scored for them, I don't imagine Everton have given Spurs very much at all (if anything).    They have, however, wasted a lot on wages!  I'd class Alli as a very expensive free-transfer. I'd rate him at about four Hassan Kachlouls.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1451 on: May 16, 2023, 03:38:03 PM »
Apparently 20 appearances for Everton would be a £10mil payment. He has done 13 and it explains why they loaned him out at the first opportunity this season.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1452 on: May 16, 2023, 04:01:45 PM »
No. He’s been excellent and at only 20 years old a superb talent and will get better and better.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #1453 on: May 16, 2023, 04:07:18 PM »

I love watching him play. He’s a front foot footballer who’s shown he has huge talent. 21 years old and doing it in the PL shows we have some player on our hands. I’d imagine in a few years he’ll be a plus 10 goal a season midfielder and as long as Southgate isn’t there, an England regular.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1454 on: May 16, 2023, 04:13:36 PM »

Iwobi ever worth that much.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal