collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 266635 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #540 on: September 20, 2021, 09:59:49 AM »
He could easily have under or overhit the pass. If there is an easy pass five yards from goal, fair enough. From there though, he's more than entitled to shoot. Steven Gerrard would probably have scored about ten times in his entire career if you're not allowed to shoot from there.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #541 on: September 20, 2021, 10:33:48 AM »
We were 2-0 up, he is on form, the adrenalin was flowing and the goal was there. If it had been on target, it had the keeper beaten, but he just put it wide. He's a midfielder and the strikers were rightly pissed off, because it's their job to score. No great shakes.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #542 on: September 20, 2021, 11:11:15 AM »
I didn't know what sort of player he was last year, and am still not entirely sure, other than a very good one. I said it before but I think it bears repeating, in that in my opinion he's gone from a promising youth getting a few games here and there because of injuries or suspensions, to first midfielder name on the team sheet. Ramsey, McGinn and Luiz are starting to look like a very good midfield trio, now that the dire 4-2-3-1 has deservedly been ditched.

It didn't seem dire when we put 7 past Liverpool.

Offline sonyhill

« Reply #543 on: September 20, 2021, 11:16:31 AM »
He's looking better and better each game he plays.  You can forgive him for taking that shot on in front of the Holte.  Would love it to have gone in!

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #544 on: September 20, 2021, 12:10:19 PM »
I said it before but I think it bears repeating

Uh-oh, internal jukebox reacts.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #545 on: September 20, 2021, 12:15:35 PM »
White Stripes finest hour imo.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #546 on: September 20, 2021, 12:20:41 PM »
I don't want to get bogged down in this, but I think you should only shoot from that distance if there aren't any other options closer in. There were two glaring options, both of which involved goalscorers being in promising positions.

Ings was definitely the pass for me...

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #547 on: September 20, 2021, 01:40:02 PM »
Go on then - how many of us Villa fans and assuming local lads would in this situation

20 year old lad from Great Barr, lifelong Villa fan, Superb recycling of the ball that got the crowd standing up, running down at the centre of the goal, Holte end crowd roaring in expectation

Pass or shoot?

If you say pass - you are lying  ;)

Offline eamonn

« Reply #548 on: September 20, 2021, 01:53:34 PM »
Reminds me of the argument over Luke Moore squaring to Juampi Angel in one of his first games, against Blose I think it was. Might have been the one where we 2-0 up and... y'know.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #549 on: September 20, 2021, 01:55:04 PM »
At the time I thought he'd earned the shot.  Seeing just how far out he is on that still, I now think the pass would have been the better choice.  But if he'd pushed Watkins wide with the pass and it had fizzled out of course everybody would be saying he should have been braver and taken it on.

Overall he had a good game. 

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #550 on: September 20, 2021, 02:16:23 PM »
Anyone apart from Tonev is entitled to shoot in that situation.

I don't understand the criticism he got from the commentators

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #551 on: September 20, 2021, 02:27:04 PM »

Was it Andy 'The cock' Hinchcliffe by any chance? He never has anything good to say about us, if we have a chance he'll focus on the oppositions defending, he's an absolute bellend, and seems to always be on our games.

Offline boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #552 on: September 20, 2021, 03:02:08 PM »
I didn't know what sort of player he was last year, and am still not entirely sure, other than a very good one. I said it before but I think it bears repeating, in that in my opinion he's gone from a promising youth getting a few games here and there because of injuries or suspensions, to first midfielder name on the team sheet. Ramsey, McGinn and Luiz are starting to look like a very good midfield trio, now that the dire 4-2-3-1 has deservedly been ditched.

This may have been said before, but I'm starting to see a correlation between the 95/96 season. Three midfielders that can do a bit of everything:

McGinn/Townsend - loves a tackle, with a powerful shot and cracking engine
Luiz/Draper - a touch of class about them, always busy and wanting the ball (although don't score as often as they should!)
Ramsey/Taylor - local lad that runs all day and drives the team forward at every opportunity

It's not a perfect like-for-like but there's something in this, right?

I've missed a lot of the discussion about formations on here, but as a midfield three, I think they're the best we've had in a very long time. With Sanson, Nakamba and Carney to come in as well, our midfield is starting to look pretty settled. We have decent replacements for all three. It's just a case of getting a system around them that helps us start dominating play a bit more.  The front 3 (or 2) need to start retaining the ball a bit better and we'll really start hurting teams.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #553 on: September 20, 2021, 03:14:02 PM »

This may have been said before, but I'm starting to see a correlation between the 95/96 season. Three midfielders that can do a bit of everything:

McGinn/Townsend - loves a tackle, with a powerful shot and cracking engine
Luiz/Draper - a touch of class about them, always busy and wanting the ball (although don't score as often as they should!)
Ramsey/Taylor - local lad that runs all day and drives the team forward at every opportunity

It's not a perfect like-for-like but there's something in this, right?

I've missed a lot of the discussion about formations on here, but as a midfield three, I think they're the best we've had in a very long time. With Sanson, Nakamba and Carney to come in as well, our midfield is starting to look pretty settled. We have decent replacements for all three. It's just a case of getting a system around them that helps us start dominating play a bit more.  The front 3 (or 2) need to start retaining the ball a bit better and we'll really start hurting teams.

It's not a bad comparison boozey. I suppose you'd say that Mings was the most like Ugo, ie the big imposing figure at the back, with Konsa being the calmer presence like Southgate was.  Don't really think we've got a Yorke or Savo type though.

Offline eamonn

« Reply #554 on: September 20, 2021, 03:19:18 PM »

Was it Andy 'The cock' Hinchcliffe by any chance? He never has anything good to say about us, if we have a chance he'll focus on the oppositions defending, he's an absolute bellend, and seems to always be on our games.

We must have tried to buy him as a player but not met his wage demands, it's weird how he's so dickish towards us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal