collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 278237 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #405 on: August 22, 2021, 04:53:39 PM »
I genuinely couldn't see what he brought last season. Something seems to have clicked with him and he's stepped up a level or two. Delighted to have been wrong (again).

Offline ventnorVillain

« Reply #406 on: August 22, 2021, 05:14:42 PM »
Does anyone else think he might trn out  to be the long-term asnwer to the DM question?

Offline john2710

« Reply #407 on: August 22, 2021, 05:17:33 PM »
In the games he played last season, he looked anonymous & didn't offer much.

Last week & again yesterday he's started to show what he can do. Physically stronger, quicker movement & looks to influence the game. Confidence goes a long way & it looks like he's developing quickly.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #408 on: August 22, 2021, 05:32:39 PM »
Does anyone else think he might trn out  to be the long-term asnwer to the DM question?
I think he'll end up playing a more box-to-box role like McGinn does.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #409 on: August 22, 2021, 05:34:12 PM »

Based on not much, I think Raikhy might be the long term prospect in that position.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #410 on: August 22, 2021, 05:45:02 PM »

Based on not much, I think Raikhy might be the long term prospect in that position.

I only noticed yesterday that he's off to Stockport on loan.  Another lad with lots of promise.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #411 on: August 22, 2021, 06:15:57 PM »
Very proud of our Barr Beacon lad, he’s going to be some player

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #412 on: August 22, 2021, 06:26:51 PM »

I think Bogarde is the one to watch for that role but it's great that it's yet another position where we have options coming through. I'm hopeful that, come next season, a lot of the backup and fringe roles at the club are filled by these youngsters.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #413 on: August 22, 2021, 06:56:56 PM »
I'm glad people are starting to see something in him, I've thought he looks quality for a while and I've just been waiting for him to start putting it all together in the league for us. I'm still waiting to see him push into the box and show how good a finisher he is, he's been a regular goalscorer at every other level so it's in there and if he can add those goals he'll be a big bonus in the squad this year.
Is there evidence of these thoughts on this site to back up these claims?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 09:43:36 PM by Bad English »

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #414 on: August 22, 2021, 08:31:30 PM »
Are the Ramseys all Villa fans through blood?

Online paul_e

« Reply #415 on: August 22, 2021, 10:22:51 PM »
I'm glad people are starting to see something in him, I've thought he looks quality for a while and I've just been waiting for him to start putting it all together in the league for us. I'm still waiting to see him push into the box and show how good a finisher he is, he's been a regular goalscorer at every other level so it's in there and if he can add those goals he'll be a big bonus in the squad this year.
Is there evidence of these thoughts on this site to back up these claims?

Yes ...

I think he's doing well so far but the one real highlight from him in the U23s was his ability to drift into the box late and get shots away, I hope he can start bringing that into his game again soon because we don't score enough goals from central midfield right now.

I think he needs regular game time and it should include some starts, 4-5 starts and a similar number of appearances from the bench by the end of the season would be my aim with him and then fully into the mix for starting next year. Some people will want him to go out on loan but I'm not sure he needs it, he looks ready to be a rotation option in the premier league to me.

The important thing today was that he made himself available and showed confidence in holding on to the ball and getting his head up. I suspect the coaches will be thrilled with him because he just played his game and didn't let the 'event' get to him, given he was up against Moutinho who's ben a top player for about 15 years I thought he did really well.

I suspect Ramsey is firmly in their plans for next year. With a bit of luck with injuries and decent coaching he'll be a great player for the squad.

That's just this thread, can't be arsed to search any others.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #416 on: August 22, 2021, 11:30:49 PM »
All hail, for the true sage is amongst us

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #417 on: August 22, 2021, 11:43:14 PM »
Meh, that's nothing.

He hasn't been born yet, but in about thirty years we will have a really good player called Jacob Ramsey.

Don't bother making any holiday plans for the year 2020.

Online paul_e

« Reply #418 on: August 23, 2021, 12:31:11 AM »
All hail, for the true sage is amongst us

Yeah if you like, I've been pretty consistent in my comments about Ramsey for a couple of years so I found it fucking weird that someone would ask for evidence. Especially so given how inconsistent some people are on here.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #419 on: August 23, 2021, 07:59:19 AM »
The games he played last season are showing their worth now.  He looks confident and assured, ready for the first team.  Excellent!  I think this is the route we will se for Da Yoof, Chucky and Bidace will get the same this season but, maybe, from earlier, meaning they could be a part of the regulars by the end of the season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal