collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Gareth
[Today at 08:33:33 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 08:32:13 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 08:31:53 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 266622 times)

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #330 on: March 13, 2021, 05:14:30 PM »
It’s a common call on here when a young player isn’t quite delivering, loan him out that will fix it.

Well yes, because it's been proven to work a few times in the past, not least with Grealish. Young players need a spell playing every game to see what they're made of, or you end up in a position like we have with Davis, where he's 23 and has started 4 games in nearly 2 years. He hasn't played enough, so he's no use to us despite only having one fit striker and he's not going to improve playing 10 minutes once a month.

Agreed.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #331 on: March 13, 2021, 05:15:41 PM »
loaning him out to a championship club may have developed him more, if he played every week - as opposed to staying with us all season and only making half a dozen starts

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #332 on: March 13, 2021, 05:30:07 PM »
It’s a common call on here when a young player isn’t quite delivering, loan him out that will fix it.

Well yes, because it's been proven to work a few times in the past, not least with Grealish. Young players need a spell playing every game to see what they're made of, or you end up in a position like we have with Davis, where he's 23 and has started 4 games in nearly 2 years. He hasn't played enough, so he's no use to us despite only having one fit striker and he's not going to improve playing 10 minutes once a month.

Agreed.

Yes Lee. Look at your fave Archer, a season down amongst the cloggers of non-League will do him the world of good. I imagine next season the club will look for a League team for him to go to, and then hopefully he'll get some time in and around the first team.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #333 on: March 13, 2021, 05:51:33 PM »
That is the idea. He is doing really well at Solihull Moors. Just recovered from a spell out injured and has been on the bench for the last three matches but still gets invaluable game time.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #334 on: March 13, 2021, 08:56:40 PM »
The difference with Ramsey is that he's replaced an established first team squad player,Conor,and he's getting Premier League game time ahead of an England international.He now knows the demands at this level.
To send him off to a Championship side next season would not only be a retrograde step but also a blow to his confidence,a statement saying we don't trust you at the present or in improving next season.
His selection also gives other youngsters the message that if you're producing the goods,we will pick you.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #335 on: March 13, 2021, 09:00:31 PM »
The difference with Ramsey is that he's replaced an established first team squad player,Conor,and he's getting Premier League game time ahead of an England international.He now knows the demands at this level.
To send him off to a Championship side next season would not only be a retrograde step but also a blow to his confidence,a statement saying we don't trust you at the present or in improving next season.
His selection also gives other youngsters the message that if you're producing the goods,we will pick you.
Exactly, sometimes it’s the right call, but if a player has broken into the first team then he should now be competing for a place in the team.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #336 on: March 13, 2021, 09:06:02 PM »
It might also be that for the first time in about fifteen years we can bring in a player for league games that don't count for much.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #337 on: March 13, 2021, 09:14:53 PM »
It might also be that for the first time in about fifteen years we can bring in a player for league games that don't count for much.
I really hope that we use this time to give some time to a few of the potentials.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #338 on: March 13, 2021, 09:24:15 PM »
I really hope that we use this time to give some time to a few of the potentials.

I've been saying that for some weeks. Kessler, Barry, Chukwuemeka, Philogene-Bidace. They could all benefit from a few minutes as subs.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #339 on: March 13, 2021, 09:42:53 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing Chukwuemeka play.  Looks like he has a big future.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #340 on: March 13, 2021, 09:45:30 PM »
Showed more in his first few cameos and starts, looked to get the ball and turn in tight spaces and be progressive. Last few games he's looked a different player but thats no co-incidence for me that its co-incided with our poor form and the rest of the midfield also looking poor.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #341 on: March 14, 2021, 12:27:53 AM »
Ramsey is what i call a very tidy player, he has a quick brain and will be a good player. He will not be dominating games he isn't a game changer, but what i have seen of him he has a future in football, maybe not at Villa.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #342 on: March 14, 2021, 08:28:22 AM »
He's still developing, but into what sort of player?

The closest I guess would be Barry, able to move the ball, pick a pass and position himself well.

He certainly doesn't look like a goal-scoring midfielder, a tough tackler or a playmaker.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #343 on: March 14, 2021, 10:29:31 AM »
I've been saying that for some weeks. Kessler, Barry, Chukwuemeka, Philogene-Bidace. They could all benefit from a few minutes as subs.
Definitely. Now is exactly the time to do this.
And, re the debate about loan or not loan: Ramsey did his half-season at Donnie last year: the club brought him back exactly to give him a squad slot, training and working with the first team. He's paid that back with some tidy - if unspectacular - performances; the benefit of which we'll see next season.
London Villan asks what sort of player he is: from what I've seen he disrupts the oppo play, he puts in challenges, he makes simple passes (well-paced and directed) and - over time - he'll chip in with some goals. He won't be flashy but he will add value to the team.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 10:31:53 AM by Mister E »

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #344 on: March 14, 2021, 12:18:52 PM »
Ramsey is very good at timing runs into the box so I think he will add goals. I think the time to be getting him out on loan has passed now, he's becoming more and more involved with the first team.

The teams around us are still slipping up (see Everton's result at home to Burnley last night) so Europe still isn't out of question if we can pull ourselves together in time. For as long as that's the case, the youth players are less likely to get their chance. However, the more that we drop out of contention for a European spot, the greater the need to start bringing these lads through.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal