collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 266512 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #315 on: March 12, 2021, 11:27:25 PM »
He's not good enough. Yet. Should be on the bench, not starting.

Agreed.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #316 on: March 13, 2021, 08:47:52 AM »
He's a young player, doing well. This experience will do him the world of good. Of course he's inconsistent at times, that's almost inevitable but he shows some real promise.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #317 on: March 13, 2021, 08:51:03 AM »
He's a young player, doing well. This experience will do him the world of good. Of course he's inconsistent at times, that's almost inevitable but he shows some real promise.

He has got real promise, but I don't think he's quite ready for how Smith is using him. He's another one who could do with a season long loan at a big Championship club where he'll play every match. Then get him back and start introducing him gradually.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #318 on: March 13, 2021, 09:09:12 AM »
This is where a loan would have been beneficial.  Right now I’m not sure he knows what sort of midfielder he is going to be; is he his best as a box-to-box getting stuck in or does pushing forward and taking risks suit him better?  He’s definitely a decent athlete and has a good touch so shows plenty of promise.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #319 on: March 13, 2021, 09:15:08 AM »
I haven’t got a clue what we are trying to do in midfield, absolutely no shape or structure and made worse by our wide men running down cul de sacs whilst our centre forward is being marked out the game.
You can hardly blame Ramsey for the malaise.
Just before he got pulled we had a break with Ramsey carrying the ball, Watkins made a poor run should have pulled wider, Ramsey passed the ball, Watkins mis- controlled it, shouted at Ramsey and then Smith subbed him.
Great way to build a youngsters confidence.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #320 on: March 13, 2021, 09:17:05 AM »
It’s a common call on here when a young player isn’t quite delivering, loan him out that will fix it.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #321 on: March 13, 2021, 09:31:28 AM »
I haven’t got a clue what we are trying to do in midfield, absolutely no shape or structure and made worse by our wide men running down cul de sacs whilst our centre forward is being marked out the game.
Just before he got pulled we had a break with Ramsey carrying the ball, Watkins made a poor run should have pulled wider, Ramsey passed the ball, Watkins mis- controlled it, shouted at Ramsey and then Smith subbed him.
Totally - this is how I saw it (and, probably like you, I was shouting at the telly when Ramsey released to Watkins too early). We've done really well so far this season but now that the oppo know how we play, we need to find a way to make better uses of the resources we have. At the moment I cannot see how the way the players are playing is going to create the magic that opens teams up.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 02:54:07 PM by Mister E »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #322 on: March 13, 2021, 09:32:18 AM »
I'd like to see him on loan in the Championship for the first half of next season.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #323 on: March 13, 2021, 11:25:27 AM »
He struggled last night as did pretty much the entire team so I wouldn't single him out.

I'm not convinced that loaning him out is the answer - a lot would depend on where he went, the quality of the coaching (and environment) and how he might be used.

Keinan Davis needs to play a lot of competitive football in part for his development and in part to allow for a meaningful assessment of what he offers, i.e. how good he will be. With Ramsey, I think it is clear he is going to be a good/very good player so it is more about mapping his development.

Being in and around our first team, particularly as we increase the quality through recruitment might well serve him better than playing 40+ games for a Championship side with little constructive coaching.

As we know the Championship is: Prepare-Play-Recover (repeat). I'm not sure a season of that is better long-term than being involved in the Villa first team squad.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #324 on: March 13, 2021, 02:46:25 PM »
He struggled last night as did pretty much the entire team so I wouldn't single him out.

I'm not convinced that loaning him out is the answer - a lot would depend on where he went, the quality of the coaching (and environment) and how he might be used.

Keinan Davis needs to play a lot of competitive football in part for his development and in part to allow for a meaningful assessment of what he offers, i.e. how good he will be. With Ramsey, I think it is clear he is going to be a good/very good player so it is more about mapping his development.

Being in and around our first team, particularly as we increase the quality through recruitment might well serve him better than playing 40+ games for a Championship side with little constructive coaching.

As we know the Championship is: Prepare-Play-Recover (repeat). I'm not sure a season of that is better long-term than being involved in the Villa first team squad.
agree,

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #325 on: March 13, 2021, 02:46:37 PM »

Yes, I'm a big fan of Watkins but that was poor of him - both his run, that should have been out wide not narrow, and his reaction.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #326 on: March 13, 2021, 02:59:27 PM »

Yes, I'm a big fan of Watkins but that was poor of him - both his run, that should have been out wide not narrow, and his reaction.

Completely disagree. He played a bad pass, around 10 seconds too late.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #327 on: March 13, 2021, 03:30:16 PM »

Completely disagree. He played a bad pass, around 10 seconds too late.
Watkins first touch was the problem.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #328 on: March 13, 2021, 04:54:19 PM »
It’s a common call on here when a young player isn’t quite delivering, loan him out that will fix it.

Well yes, because it's been proven to work a few times in the past, not least with Grealish. Young players need a spell playing every game to see what they're made of, or you end up in a position like we have with Davis, where he's 23 and has started 4 games in nearly 2 years. He hasn't played enough, so he's no use to us despite only having one fit striker and he's not going to improve playing 10 minutes once a month.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #329 on: March 13, 2021, 05:00:30 PM »
Young players need game time. Loaning them out is exactly what we should be doing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal