collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 266613 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #285 on: February 21, 2021, 06:33:04 PM »
We really need to start giving our younger players opportunities.

We aren't going to learn any more about Barkley now. This kid should be thrown in so we can see what he can do. We have Leeds, Sheffield, Wolves and Newcastle coming up, not fixtures to terrify you, give him his shot from the off and let's see what he can do with the responsibility.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #286 on: February 21, 2021, 06:33:46 PM »
I think he is special, but nobody is suggesting he is a Grealish replacement. Completely different sort of player.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #287 on: February 21, 2021, 06:46:38 PM »
It seems every young player coming through the ranks get, understandably, lionised.

Energetic? Yes. Capable of unlocking Premier League defences in Jack’s absence? I don’t think so. In the brief appearances he’s made, he’s nothing special. However, I’m not a Premier League manager trying to fill a Grealish size hole in the team.

If the 25-year old version of Grealish is going to be your yardstick to judge every kid coming through, that's a hell of a benchmark.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #288 on: February 21, 2021, 06:54:17 PM »
It seems every young player coming through the ranks get, understandably, lionised.

Energetic? Yes. Capable of unlocking Premier League defences in Jack’s absence? I don’t think so. In the brief appearances he’s made, he’s nothing special. However, I’m not a Premier League manager trying to fill a Grealish size hole in the team.
I tend to agree in as much as the lad's 19, let's not put the entire responsibility for unlocking premier league defences on him just yet.

For what it's worth, I think he's showing more for us than Barkley is right now, and I'd not be against giving him a couple of starts this term, maybe when we're in slightly better form. I think he's showing enough that he might be pushing for a regular first team place in a couple of years.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #289 on: February 21, 2021, 07:03:05 PM »
Lets find him a spot in the side against Leeds.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #290 on: February 21, 2021, 07:05:26 PM »

That’s kind of where I am, although not quite as down on him. I’m hopeful he can develop into a good player, but as of yet I haven’t seen anything remarkable. That’s not writing him off, but I’m not seeing anything that’s making me think he has to start.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #291 on: February 21, 2021, 07:06:36 PM »
Did well when he came on today.  Gives us that bit of energy which Barkley isn't at the moment. 

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #292 on: February 21, 2021, 07:14:05 PM »
That’s kind of where I am, although not quite as down on him. I’m hopeful he can develop into a good player, but as of yet I haven’t seen anything remarkable. That’s not writing him off, but I’m not seeing anything that’s making me think he has to start.
Disagree.
He has a simplicity about his play and an understanding of where to be on the pitch. He's no Grealish, but I think he'll mature into a really good #8-style player.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #293 on: February 21, 2021, 07:16:24 PM »
Not being as good as Jack Grealish is going to make it very hard to like any player we sign or bring through over the next 30 years.

Lets face it, if he sticks around for the next few years, and I think he will, he'll be the greatest player to play for club.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #294 on: February 21, 2021, 07:22:05 PM »
Not being as good as Jack Grealish is going to make it very hard to like any player we sign or bring through over the next 30 years.
Lets face it, if he sticks around for the next few years, and I think he will, he'll be the greatest player to play for club.
What, Ramsey??
Praise indeed, if you consider the standard set by JG
 ;D ;D ;D

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #295 on: February 21, 2021, 10:42:49 PM »
Ramsey is a baller and he will prove this when he gets a proper run in the side.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #296 on: February 22, 2021, 11:00:01 AM »

Especially if people are going by the current version of Jack. We forget that at 19, Jack was still a raw talent.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #297 on: February 22, 2021, 11:05:45 AM »
Did well when he came on today.  Gives us that bit of energy which Barkley isn't at the moment. 

Definitely. He did well at Wolves too. Hope he starts on Saturday.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #298 on: February 22, 2021, 12:27:16 PM »
I like him and would like to see more of him. Good balance, plays with his head up, does simple things well and moved into space to receive the ball.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #299 on: February 22, 2021, 02:52:44 PM »
I may be wrong but I think the only premier league game that Ramsey has started in was Wolves away, where he gave a good account of himself - he was tidy, disciplined, kept to his task and helped the team stick to its shape against decent opposition - and win.  I am mystified as to why he has yet to be selected to start another league game, especially when one considers the 'form' of some of those who have repeatedly been selected to start ahead of him.  When he has come as a sub, usually with not many minutes left, he has done well.  What a time it is to blood a promising youngster, without the pressure of crowds in the grounds, and already safe from relegation.  For goodness sake Smith, just bloody play him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal