collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:54:17 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:50:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 10:47:03 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 10:46:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 266790 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2020, 10:57:38 PM »
Going to be a star is Jacob!
Tell you what, I’ve seen enough promising kids play and look like deer in headlights.
This lad looks very comfortable. Very impressed so far, and he should definitely be on the bench for the Fulham game.
Because of total brilliance of Traore's finish the boy has not had enough praise about that wonderful floated pass. Looks like he could be.....x

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2020, 08:56:08 PM »
This guy is going to be a player. So comfortable receiving the ball in tight areas. The one two he played with Jack was great and Jack clearly trusts him to play the ball back to him.

Just needs to strengthen up abit but that will come, hopefully another start in the League Cup and continues to get minutes in the League.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2020, 08:59:03 PM »
I think a lot depends on what happens with Loftus-Cheek or any other targets. If we get someone, he's got to go on loan. It would be a waste for him to just be on the bench or not in the 18.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2020, 10:15:33 PM »
Good stuff having him on vs Fulham and hoping he gets more play . Good player

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2020, 11:16:27 PM »
I think he's at the level now where we keep him whoever we bring in this season. He needs to be on the bench every game, and be a rotational player. Getting 20-30 minutes for us, training and playing under Smith in this system, I feel would be far more valuable for him than being kicked up in the air in the Championship.

The confidence and calmness on the ball is the thing that really marks him out as a player with real quality. There's an intangible way that he moves with the ball, and the way the rest of the established first teamers trust him with it, that is reminiscent of the way the seniors trusted Grealish, and enough to convince me that he has something to offer to us this season.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2020, 07:52:47 AM »
The dressing room sounds like a really positive place to be right now, great to hear that Jacob was given a round of applause by the team after the game for playing in his first Premier League game.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2020, 08:18:23 AM »
That's really good, them giving him a round of applause. Nothing but good vibes from our dressing room at the moment.

I think he's at the level now where we keep him whoever we bring in this season. He needs to be on the bench every game, and be a rotational player. Getting 20-30 minutes for us, training and playing under Smith in this system, I feel would be far more valuable for him than being kicked up in the air in the Championship.

The confidence and calmness on the ball is the thing that really marks him out as a player with real quality. There's an intangible way that he moves with the ball, and the way the rest of the established first teamers trust him with it, that is reminiscent of the way the seniors trusted Grealish, and enough to convince me that he has something to offer to us this season.
I agree. Ramsey's good enough to be challenging for our first team, even with an extra midfielder coming in. At this stage I'd be encouraging him to get himself firmly established as a first team player.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2020, 08:41:37 AM »
I'd keep him here this season. He's on the up confidence wise in familiar surroundings and a hard season in the championship or lower could set him back. Next summer would be the time to loan him.  He's only 19 - little steps.

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2020, 09:36:19 AM »
The dressing room sounds like a really positive place to be right now, great to hear that Jacob was given a round of applause by the team after the game for playing in his first Premier League game.

Yep. Love this! Couldn't be further from where we were as a club not all that long ago!

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2020, 02:15:47 PM »
He looks very promising but think he still needs to bulk up.

Offline OCD

« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2020, 05:56:17 PM »
We need to learn our lesson from the mistake we've made in recent years where we keep hold of a player too long and in doing so we forsake their development. 

If he can genuinely make a place in the team his own, then keep him. If he's only going to be getting the odd few minutes here and there, his development will benefit much more from playing regular first team football somewhere. Then, in that case, we can make him a regular for us next season when he's 20, filled out more and used to regular senior football.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2020, 06:02:58 PM »
We need to learn our lesson from the mistake we've made in recent years where we keep hold of a player too long and in doing so we forsake their development. 

If he can genuinely make a place in the team his own, then keep him. If he's only going to be getting the odd few minutes here and there, his development will benefit much more from playing regular first team football somewhere. Then, in that case, we can make him a regular for us next season when he's 20, filled out more and used to regular senior football.

I’m hoping for this too. If we sign this fabled No8 then he should be sent to an upper half Champ team who like to play football. It’ll be better for his development than sat on our subs bench.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2020, 06:09:04 PM »
Agreed. Our three best prospects (Ramsey, Bridge and Archer) would all benefit from a loan spell at a lower league club. Worked out well for Grealish at Notts County.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #163 on: September 29, 2020, 06:09:48 PM »
He looks very promising but think he still needs to bulk up.
like Gabby did?

Offline OCD

« Reply #164 on: September 29, 2020, 06:10:43 PM »
Agreed. Our three best prospects (Ramsey, Bridge and Archer) would all benefit from a loan spell at a lower league club. Worked out well for Grealish at Notts County.

And Gary Cahill before him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal