collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 266862 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2020, 08:48:09 PM »

Offline Legion

« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2020, 08:50:44 PM »
Sorry, I'm going off-topic here. Ramsey is a great prospect. Fingers crossed for him.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2020, 09:15:11 PM »
I think it's a great call. I liked Weimann, especially for the goal off his backside that saved our bacon one season. Have I remembered that correctly? Plus his salute in front of the Holte End after the winning goal in the 3-2 vs Manchester City (I think).

Was the one off his arse against Fulham?  That's what I remember but can't be too sure.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2020, 09:25:05 PM »
I think it's a great call. I liked Weimann, especially for the goal off his backside that saved our bacon one season. Have I remembered that correctly? Plus his salute in front of the Holte End after the winning goal in the 3-2 vs Manchester City (I think).
That goal against Man city still, to this day, makes me nervous every time I watch. It's way he left it and ran towards the Holte to celebrate and defender was catching up with the ball....I shudder.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2020, 09:30:01 PM »

Was the one off his arse against Fulham?  That's what I remember but can't be too sure.
Weimann did score against Fulham under McLeish from a full three inches. I think it eventually went in off his knee as he was almost flat on his face at the time. It was his first Villa goal in McLeish's last win as manager. It was early March 2012 and we didn't win again until September.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2020, 09:36:37 PM »
Without checking the date it must be near enough seven years ago to the day?
I bought a second-hand lamp for a fiver that day off a girl in Camden. Skint after six months in London and very little work.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2020, 10:06:25 PM »
Without checking the date it must be near enough seven years ago to the day?
I bought a second-hand lamp for a fiver that day off a girl in Camden. Skint after six months in London and very little work.
Can you be skint again when we next play City?

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2020, 11:08:51 PM »
The difference between the very talented kids that get to the top, and the very talented that don't is quite often their work ethic and application on and off the pitch. I wonder how much emphasis is being put on that now. Everything you read about Jack suggests he's trained harder, longer, dune extra sessions etc from a young age despite the press he has got, and that was only increased after a year in league 2. It will be interesting to see if Ramsey does the same following the loan to make sure he's playing at the top level. It may well be why Smith likes Vassilev too, he works so hard when he comes on you at least get that nuisance value.

Online robleflaneur

« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2020, 11:18:01 PM »
http://
The difference between the very talented kids that get to the top, and the very talented that don't is quite often their work ethic and application on and off the pitch. I wonder how much emphasis is being put on that now. Everything you read about Jack suggests he's trained harder, longer, dune extra sessions etc from a young age despite the press he has got, and that was only increased after a year in league 2. It will be interesting to see if Ramsey does the same following the loan to make sure he's playing at the top level. It may well be why Smith likes Vassilev too, he works so hard when he comes on you at least get that nuisance value.
Very much the difference between the more talented Moore brothers and Agbonlahor who for most of his Villa career was a hard working,determined player.

Offline Legion

« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2020, 11:22:53 PM »

So does Archer and he offers far more.

Offline Legion

« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2020, 11:52:18 PM »
Did OK but not one of his better games. I do rate him highly (as I do Bridge) but Archer did far more in his 10 mins vs Crewe last season than Ramsey did today.

Offline Legion

« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2020, 12:10:47 AM »
Would be great but highly unlikely.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2020, 08:18:30 AM »
I thought Ramsey looked very assured and was always available for a passing option.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2020, 08:32:10 AM »
He looked a bit green at times which is understandable but he did look good and I'd like to see more of him this season.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2020, 08:42:02 AM »
Thought Ramsey looked confident, at ease with the ball at his feet and certainly didn’t look out of place or overawed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal