collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 280601 times)

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #1275 on: February 13, 2023, 10:51:09 AM »
There isnt a place for ramsey in this system.

Is the correct answer for me...another reason to get rid of it.

So we ditch the managers system to accommodate a player who has been out of form for a while now?

I like Ramsey, but he has been woeful of late. He needs a spell on the bench.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1276 on: February 13, 2023, 10:51:40 AM »
It'll be interesting to see whether Emery intends to just stick with 4-2-2-2 or whether he starts to bring in 4-2-3-1. Ramsey might better suit 4-2-3-1.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1277 on: February 13, 2023, 10:57:23 AM »
It'll be interesting to see whether Emery intends to just stick with 4-2-2-2 or whether he starts to bring in 4-2-3-1. Ramsey might better suit 4-2-3-1.

That's the way I see it, not just Ramsey. 4231 would enable us to play Buendia or Coutinho in their correct position at 10 too. McGinn would be fine on the right. Ramsey needs to do a lot more in and out of possession though, regardless of formation. Rarely does he ever win a tackle or header.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1278 on: February 13, 2023, 11:28:20 AM »

That's the way I see it, not just Ramsey. 4231 would enable us to play Buendia or Coutinho in their correct position at 10 too. McGinn would be fine on the right. Ramsey needs to do a lot more in and out of possession though, regardless of formation. Rarely does he ever win a tackle or header.

I don't know why he doesn't try it. I've just made the point elsewhere that two of the players in Ramsey and Bailey just aren't working in the 4-4-2, and Buendia is either either good or completely anonymous. I know he's having to shoehorn players in, but it seems to me that 4-2-3-1 would suit what we have much better than the system he's trying, either 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2. You'd have Watkins up front on his own, with a choice of Buendia and Coutinho on the left of an attacking three, McGinn or Ramsey in the middle of the three, and either Bailey or Traore on the right. Ramsey's not a winger, and Bailey's not a forward, and neither of them are showing any sort of improvement, no matter how much faith he puts in them.

Offline brontebilly

« Reply #1279 on: February 13, 2023, 12:14:00 PM »

I don't know why he doesn't try it. I've just made the point elsewhere that two of the players in Ramsey and Bailey just aren't working in the 4-4-2, and Buendia is either either good or completely anonymous. I know he's having to shoehorn players in, but it seems to me that 4-2-3-1 would suit what we have much better than the system he's trying, either 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2. You'd have Watkins up front on his own, with a choice of Buendia and Coutinho on the left of an attacking three, McGinn or Ramsey in the middle of the three, and either Bailey or Traore on the right. Ramsey's not a winger, and Bailey's not a forward, and neither of them are showing any sort of improvement, no matter how much faith he puts in them.

Managerial stubbornness I'm afraid, we have seen it before. Moreno will give us more options going forward too. At least he has the pace to get back unlike Digne. Ideal time to try 4231 v Arsenal. McGinn/Buendia/Ramsey or some variation of it. Plenty of options in those areas now with Coutinho, Duran, Bailey and even Traore.

Get Ramsey helping Watkins press from the front and breaking on the counter attack (like v City earlier in the season) and we will see a better player.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1280 on: February 13, 2023, 12:44:40 PM »

Managerial stubbornness I'm afraid, we have seen it before. Moreno will give us more options going forward too. At least he has the pace to get back unlike Digne. Ideal time to try 4231 v Arsenal. McGinn/Buendia/Ramsey or some variation of it. Plenty of options in those areas now with Coutinho, Duran, Bailey and even Traore.

Get Ramsey helping Watkins press from the front and breaking on the counter attack (like v City earlier in the season) and we will see a better player.

Managerial stubbornness is one way of looking at it, another is asking players to buy into his methods. It appears to be working for some but those that can’t adapt when given the chance will, you would imagine, find themselves being replaced.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1281 on: February 13, 2023, 12:58:55 PM »
Ramsey won't be sold, he's our poster boy until Archer comes food.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1282 on: February 13, 2023, 01:02:35 PM »

Ah, he'll be sharing his porridge soon enough.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1283 on: February 13, 2023, 01:09:48 PM »
I think he did go with 4231 against Leicester and they played pretty well. It was just individual errors that cost us.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1284 on: February 13, 2023, 01:22:48 PM »

Ah, he'll be sharing his porridge soon enough.

He just needs to get his hunger back.

Offline brontebilly

« Reply #1285 on: February 13, 2023, 01:39:46 PM »

Managerial stubbornness is one way of looking at it, another is asking players to buy into his methods. It appears to be working for some but those that can’t adapt when given the chance will, you would imagine, find themselves being replaced.

Gerrard was at same craic...When the methods don't fit the players at his disposal then questions need to be answered of the coach. Both Soton and Leicester caused a lot of problems down our left in recent weeks so it was ridiculous Emery set up our midfield like he did yesterday. Getting rinsed down both flanks.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1286 on: February 25, 2023, 02:40:28 PM »
Today, I believe Ramsey will score against Everton. It's the kind of game where, as long as ref Taylor protects him, he'll be able to break free from the shackles of their midfield.
Will be scrutinising how he performs in the system and have brought it to attention for discussion following his performance.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1287 on: February 25, 2023, 04:57:24 PM »
There was no goal today and he had a wide wayward shot late on after a run but he had a non-direct impact as a player who consistently wanted to show some forward impetus or carry the ball and displayed some form of an attacking instinct until aided by McGinn, who improved in that sense in the second half, and Buendia who scored when he came on.

Think Ramsey understood his role all match and did ok.
More to come from him naturally.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1288 on: February 25, 2023, 05:03:42 PM »
Poor first half but a couple of his trademark surging runs second half.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #1289 on: February 25, 2023, 05:05:25 PM »
When he goes on those runs I just think, why don't you do that more often? There's so much talent in there somewhere.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal