collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 281210 times)

Offline robleflaneur

Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #1245 on: January 31, 2023, 08:34:13 PM »
JJ has all the requirements to play in the front 3 and can see Emery deploying him even as the main striker if needs must.
Bizarre.
His key strength is the timing of his runs to the edge of the box. I could see him operating as a withdrawn wide player at a push, but not as the main striker.
Not one of Footy-Vill's worst suggestions.Jacob has pace,excellent dribbling skills in more central areas and possibly our best finisher.Weaker areas at the moment would be tackling and getting caught in possession.
Could see him as an upgrade on Bailey.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1246 on: January 31, 2023, 08:36:59 PM »
JJ has played well as a box to box midfielder - no point in moving his position

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #1247 on: January 31, 2023, 09:27:01 PM »
JJ has played well as a box to box midfielder - no point in moving his position
We have employed him usually as a wide midfielder and there are flaws to his game,he's young anyway,in that role.Centrally he could be devastating if playing behind the central striker or as a wide attacker.Box to box he has the energy but doesn't convince defending our box.
If we sign Guendozi or similar in the summer and Iroegbunam continues to develop ,our midfield  ,especially central, will be very strong . Quality central and wide attackers are rare and very expensive.JJ looks more at ease when he gets into the final third.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1248 on: January 31, 2023, 11:16:25 PM »
Yes, let's ruin one of our more promising players because we can't be arsed to buy an actual striker.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1249 on: February 01, 2023, 04:19:18 PM »
JJ has all the requirements to play in the front 3 and can see Emery deploying him even as the main striker if needs must.
Bizarre.
His key strength is the timing of his runs to the edge of the box. I could see him operating as a withdrawn wide player at a push, but not as the main striker.
Not at all it's not a traditional 9 role but a false 9 he would be perfect in the respect to getting into the box and has the shooting ability. Buendia is another who can play that role due to his energy.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1250 on: February 01, 2023, 06:44:16 PM »
Bizarre.
Not at all it's not a traditional 9 role but a false 9 he would be perfect in the respect to getting into the box and has the shooting ability. Buendia is another who can play that role due to his energy.
You can't have it both ways, Footy: you said ''main striker' - the concept of a false nine is that one of a few players takes responsibility for being the furthest player forward (i.e. there is no main striker).

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1251 on: February 09, 2023, 11:45:57 AM »
Since he (Emery) came in, he’s given us a lot of confidence.
“The environment around the team, the dressing room and the training ground is really good, and everyone is full of confidence.

“That’s down to him and his coaching staff. The way he plays, and the style of play we’re playing, suits me. I’m enjoying it.” 

Source:
https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/february/08/ramsey--we-re-ready-for-two-tough-fixtures/

I think Ramsey will thrive under Emery coaching and good to hear yet another player sounding so positive and enthused. 

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1252 on: February 09, 2023, 01:42:54 PM »
He's not been quite the same since his injury, I think he's playing catch-up a bit in terms of adapting to the Emery era.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1253 on: February 09, 2023, 03:10:48 PM »
Needs a spell out of the team, he's been dreadful. I don't think playing wide in a 4-4-2 suits him at all.

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #1254 on: February 09, 2023, 04:21:04 PM »
Sky did a feature on him and his father today, never knew his father Mark, was a professional boxer, he fought Ricky Hatton twice, losing both times on points, which isn't bad.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1255 on: February 09, 2023, 04:26:30 PM »
He's a number 8. Supporting attacks from deep and arriving into the box from deep. See his goals last season at home to Man Utd and Leeds. He just needs to find consistency, like many of them.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1256 on: February 09, 2023, 05:16:35 PM »
Needs a spell out of the team, he's been dreadful. I don't think playing wide in a 4-4-2 suits him at all.

I think the opposite, needs games to get back up to speed and to adapt to Emre’s ideas.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1257 on: February 09, 2023, 07:01:39 PM »

I think the opposite, needs games to get back up to speed and to adapt to Emre’s ideas.

Gerrard brought him back way too early in my opinion, allowing him to try and catch up and get up to speed at Villa Park rather than BH. Unsurprisingly his performances have generally been poor and he's still not showing the type of player he was last season. That said, fitness wise I think he's pretty much back. Performance wise.. he's due a decent one, I'd play him on Sunday.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1258 on: February 09, 2023, 07:30:29 PM »
This is why I'm not keen on our formation.  Ramsey is much better through the middle, ghosting into the box.  He really could be the next Ian Taylor if coached properly.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1259 on: February 09, 2023, 07:46:01 PM »
This is why I'm not keen on our formation.  Ramsey is much better through the middle, ghosting into the box.  He really could be the next Ian Taylor if coached properly.

Ian Taylor used mix it up in general play though, Ramsey seems only interested in contributing going forward.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal