collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876280 times)

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #5430 on: August 16, 2022, 09:45:30 PM »
Sorry Martin, that's what happens when you have a cataract in one eye and you're typing on a phone. I just didn't see it. Consider me suitably rebuked.  :(

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #5431 on: August 16, 2022, 09:51:01 PM »
However your point is very valid. Our Tyrone is a very inspirational character and should be applauded for what he has achieved.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5432 on: August 17, 2022, 12:16:49 AM »
My lad had a selfie with him at Euston Station last week
i wasn’t there but my wife was who is also a big admirer of our Tyrone and I’m not talking in the footballing sense

Aww. My brother worked at VP for about three years, and he said Tyrone always smiled and said hello to everybody, and made an effort to learn the names of all of the staff.

I think he's one of those lads who is Villa for life now.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #5433 on: August 17, 2022, 12:45:56 AM »
She was brilliant. Not only put the record straight regarding Tyrone but stopped just in time before labeling Talksports' latest signing a twat. A real professional.

Indeed. They certainly needed to counterbalance nonsense with observable truth.
If that gets as much traction as the off beam Souness comment, then a bit like the Gerrard comment (which I think best analysis of was it was an off the cuff oft used figure of speech blown out of proportion, said by a grumpy man who is a terrible loser) I think it might actually serve our Ty well.

If there is one man in the club who has overcome so much, and achieved so much off the pitch and on it, and who we know is bright enough to work at stiff with a psychologist (I’d suggest passing on his number to one or two colleagues) then it’s him.

I think lots of us were close to a grumble about Tyrone, though he’d actually found a good vein of form, and having him dropped along with maybe an imagined spat, siding with him over Gerard (more credit in the bank etc) welcomed back like the prodigal
son, putting in a prodigious performance and we’re back in love with him as a fanbase.

I might be extrapolating a bit far from my own experience - and I know some man love has never waned SE - but maybe just maybe in an entirely arse about foot unplanned way, the stripping of the captaincy might have had a good long term net effect. Also thought SJM did step up a bit Saturday, so maybe the SJM-boost SG had a hunch would happen can happen.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #5434 on: August 17, 2022, 02:57:43 AM »
My lad had a selfie with him at Euston Station last week

Also a public transport user (see also post- play-off final plus been known to cycle), bit of a Dave Angel. More proof of all round awesomeness.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #5435 on: August 17, 2022, 07:14:53 AM »
you just KNOW that when presentec with an articulate and well thought our response like that from Laura, Souness will respond with ‘I meant he hasn’t WON anything in the game’.

We all know exactly what he meant, but the dinosaur will attempt to make himself the victim of his words being misinterpreted.

Many pundits have recently lost their gigs on media outlets because of their medieval approach to life and football, I doubt very much that Talkshite have the same standards, and this spat between one of their commentators and a high profile  footballer is just what they want.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #5436 on: August 17, 2022, 12:32:55 PM »
What she said is excellent.

And if you want to know why Souness is still employed, read some of the comments. Like many so called pundits, he appeals mainly to the lowest common denominator. The type that wants bants, hardmen, it's a man's game etc. A man like Tyrone scares that type.

Amused to see the barcode fans praising him for it.  Obviously forgotten what a crap manager he was for them

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5437 on: August 17, 2022, 12:38:46 PM »
and who we know is bright enough to work at stiff with a psychologist

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #5438 on: August 17, 2022, 12:45:37 PM »
I echo the comments about Woods, the only programme I can put up with in TS is Hawksbee and Jacobs, they are journalists, much like Danny Kelly and by God you can tell in comparison to the ex pro's on there.

I loved the support for Mings on Sat and I think it won't have gone unnoticed by the Manager.

Oh, and not forgetting to add, Souness is a ******

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #5439 on: August 17, 2022, 01:08:17 PM »
I echo the comments about Woods, the only programme I can put up with in TS is Hawksbee and Jacobs, they are journalists, much like Danny Kelly and by God you can tell in comparison to the ex pro's on there.

I loved the support for Mings on Sat and I think it won't have gone unnoticed by the Manager.

There was a gutteral roar that greeted that tackle at the end, it was ace.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5440 on: August 17, 2022, 01:11:22 PM »

The players all gave the fans a big extended round of applause at the weekend, and Gerrard was walking around shaking hands with our players and putting an arm round them. I kept a special eye out for him going over to Tyrone, who got an arm around the waist and a chat for a few seconds. It didn't look like there was any issue there at all to be honest.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #5441 on: August 17, 2022, 01:46:03 PM »

The players all gave the fans a big extended round of applause at the weekend, and Gerrard was walking around shaking hands with our players and putting an arm round them. I kept a special eye out for him going over to Tyrone, who got an arm around the waist and a chat for a few seconds. It didn't look like there was any issue there at all to be honest.

Gerrard said that the way Tyrone reacted to loss of Captaincy was superb

Gerrard said that Tyrone had a knock all week but due to his character knew he could turn to him on the bench if needed.

If the "Look me in the eye" bullshit did anything then it inspired Tyrone to have a superb game on Saturday

I really do not see any problem here

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #5442 on: August 17, 2022, 01:47:17 PM »
Fuck Talksport.

Or United FM as it should be called - fuck me instead of once great football team now turns to shit you would think it was the end of the game as we know it

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #5443 on: August 17, 2022, 01:50:00 PM »
Tyrone is the type of person that makes the world a better place with his decency. Souness is the type of person that would sit in a flat roof pub all day glaring at anyone he doesn't know as he wants to be the local hardman.
You mean like in "Boys from the black stuff" when Yosser met him?

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #5444 on: August 28, 2022, 03:01:53 PM »
Get well soon Ty.
Reported he's unwell with a high temperature.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal