collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876626 times)

Offline Stinkin_Thinkin

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #5295 on: August 12, 2022, 12:33:39 PM »
I think 40m  (including English player added tax) is the correct value for mings he's comfortably prem standard and a full international. and also the lesser spotted left footed centre half for added rarity value.
The whole situation might be manufactured because the club see him as someone who they can get a big fee for who is at an age where he won't improve that much so happy to move him on and he's ok to go and grab the last big contract of his career. Perhaps just a divorce of convenience? Selling Mings for 40m and signing Carlos for 20m the board will be very happy?
The Gerrard falling out business could just be theatre for the man on the terraces. Mings keeps the respect of the fans as he didn't force a move and Gerrard looks like the I'm ruthless and make hard decisions main man for having the balls to axe a senior player.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #5296 on: August 12, 2022, 12:56:41 PM »
And alienate a very large section of the fan base who regard Mings to be a proven player and Gerrard a totally unproven manager

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5297 on: August 12, 2022, 01:41:41 PM »
I don't think the club have any plan to sell Mings but even if they did, they wouldn't need to 'manufacture' anything, they'd just do it.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5298 on: August 12, 2022, 03:06:32 PM »
No mention of Mings at the press conference other than he’s fit for selection. So looks like either the press were told not to ask, or they cut any out that were.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5299 on: August 12, 2022, 03:18:07 PM »
Blackburn, average when they won the title? They'd gone close twice before in the two previous seasons (so no fluke there) and had the absolute goal-machines (and subsequent media personality-voids) in SAS.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #5300 on: August 12, 2022, 08:37:35 PM »
Blackburn, average when they won the title? They'd gone close twice before in the two previous seasons (so no fluke there) and had the absolute goal-machines (and subsequent media personality-voids) in SAS.

Yep, the year we came runners under BFR, Blackburn were also likely contenders until Shearer got a bad injury.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #5301 on: August 12, 2022, 10:04:57 PM »
Wow.  What an utter snob

GRAEME SOUNESS: Tyrone Mings has never achieved anything... but has a hell of a lot to say

GRAEME SOUNESS

AUGUST 12, 2022

I WON'T be joining the love-in for Tyrone Mings, the man Steven Gerrard has stripped of the Aston Villa captaincy in a move which, summed up in one sentence, says: ‘I just don’t fancy you.’

Mings is ‘well-loved in the dressing room’, apparently. Well, when he appeared a couple of times on Zoom for shows we were doing on Sky Sports during lockdown, I thought: ‘For a young man who’s not achieved anything in the game you’ve a hell of a lot to say.’

He’d been talking about how footballers were viewed as ‘commodities’ at the time and I asked him if he didn’t think players were incredibly fortunate to be doing their job. He had an answer for me, of course, but that encounter told me a lot.

As captain of Liverpool at 30 years old, having won a great deal and captained my country, I could not have offered up an opinion in a team meeting. And if I had, there would have been Joe Fagan and Ronnie Moran shaking their heads and Bob Paisley pretending he didn’t hear me.

Mings is talking a good game without achieving anything and I include in that assessment some of his 1 v 1 contests against some of the Premier League’s stronger strikers. It wasn’t even a contest when he went up against Romelu Lukaku when Chelsea were at Villa Park last Christmas.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #5302 on: August 12, 2022, 10:30:46 PM »
Wow.  What an utter snob

GRAEME SOUNESS: Tyrone Mings has never achieved anything... but has a hell of a lot to say

GRAEME SOUNESS

AUGUST 12, 2022

I WON'T be joining the love-in for Tyrone Mings, the man Steven Gerrard has stripped of the Aston Villa captaincy in a move which, summed up in one sentence, says: ‘I just don’t fancy you.’

Mings is ‘well-loved in the dressing room’, apparently. Well, when he appeared a couple of times on Zoom for shows we were doing on Sky Sports during lockdown, I thought: ‘For a young man who’s not achieved anything in the game you’ve a hell of a lot to say.’

He’d been talking about how footballers were viewed as ‘commodities’ at the time and I asked him if he didn’t think players were incredibly fortunate to be doing their job. He had an answer for me, of course, but that encounter told me a lot.

As captain of Liverpool at 30 years old, having won a great deal and captained my country, I could not have offered up an opinion in a team meeting. And if I had, there would have been Joe Fagan and Ronnie Moran shaking their heads and Bob Paisley pretending he didn’t hear me.

Mings is talking a good game without achieving anything and I include in that assessment some of his 1 v 1 contests against some of the Premier League’s stronger strikers. It wasn’t even a contest when he went up against Romelu Lukaku when Chelsea were at Villa Park last Christmas.

There’s a reason why Souness is a former manager. This is just the typical clickbait / get attention strategy that has become the hallmark of CloudTV. Wouldn’t bother letting it irritate you. It’s not serious coverage.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #5303 on: August 12, 2022, 10:39:40 PM »
Gramme Souness bitching about Tyrone Mings is like Rick Astley complaining about Ed Sheeran's music, someone who was successful in the 80s but who is a complete irrelevance now. Also for someone who lived in or around Liverpool for a long period in the 1980s I'm not sure how he can be a self confessed Tory.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #5304 on: August 12, 2022, 10:41:52 PM »
That sort of petty criticism (I mean Lukaku did murder him in both games, but shush) would irritate the life out of me and get me extra motivated.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #5305 on: August 12, 2022, 11:02:17 PM »
‘Typical racist Tory doesn’t rate Tyrone Mings’ shocker.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #5306 on: August 12, 2022, 11:03:54 PM »
That sort of petty criticism (I mean Lukaku did murder him in both games, but shush) would irritate the life out of me and get me extra motivated.

How would you ‘pin’ stuff up on the dressing room wall these days?

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #5307 on: August 13, 2022, 07:39:36 AM »
Gramme Souness bitching about Tyrone Mings is like Rick Astley complaining about Ed Sheeran's music, someone who was successful in the 80s but who is a complete irrelevance now. Also for someone who lived in or around Liverpool for a long period in the 1980s I'm not sure how he can be a self confessed Tory.

And he had the cheek to agree to be in an episode of boys from the blackstuff knowing he was a Tory, twat.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #5308 on: August 13, 2022, 07:44:03 AM »
I never knew he was a Tory. Now the Rangers thing makes sense, and his comments about Mings.
We all know what "he's got a lot to say" means don't we?

Fucking ******.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #5309 on: August 13, 2022, 08:02:00 AM »
I think it means you're all so saturated in American Culture Wars and the unhealed post 1865 schism, that you're willing to extrapolate an American white supremacist trope and drop it into Souness thoughts. We don't have the same racism the US has. We don't have white supremacist institutions that de facto replaced slavery to ensure the slaveocray remained more or less extant. We didn't have slaves picking cotton on plantations pre 1860s. We didn't/don't have chain gangs doing the same thing in state penitentiaries like Angola (of True Detective s1 fame) or other prisons in the south, with inmates >95% black. We didn't have a post war white supremacist insurgency with the KKK paramilitaries, made up of every elememt of society. We didnt have collusion with the Police and these paramilitaries. We didn't have mainstream culture like Birth of a Nation or Gone With the Wind reinvigorate the myths of the Confederacy. Racism in the UK and Western Europe does not have that same sort of history as it does in the US. England and the UK was not a land built on a Puritan genocide either. They're unique. Our ills are largely xenophobic. Its different, so the language and culture of it is too, you can't ignore history.

I dont want to defend Sourness (that's not a typo). Maybe he did mean what you're thinking. But he comes across to me like a bitter, old twat, who is jealous of the modern player in much of everything he says. His "I was 30 and captain and I couldn't say shit" is telling. He's jealous of the fame and wealth that, let's be honest, less talented players than he was (give the old thug his due) have. He doesn't think Mings is good enough to have the platform he has, because he's not as good as Souness. He also chats shite generally, 7-2 and he's blaming the grass, the massive whopper. He might be a racist, he's definitely a twat. I hope Mings scores a hatrick and celebrates by hiding in the long, lush, turf of Villa Park.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 08:04:42 AM by Ads »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal