collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 08:47:01 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV82EC
[Today at 08:46:33 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PaulWinch again
[Today at 08:44:41 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PaulWinch again
[Today at 08:43:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 08:43:13 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by OCD
[Today at 08:41:31 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Gareth
[Today at 08:41:28 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 08:41:23 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 884969 times)

Offline KRS

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #4950 on: August 05, 2022, 04:37:45 PM »
I didn’t hear or sense anything remotely personal towards Mings from SG at all. If he doesn’t play tomorrow it will be due to an injury picked up, and the captaincy decision doesn’t have to be forensically analysed in to being something that it’s not either.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #4951 on: August 06, 2022, 10:13:02 AM »
My daughter has just brought to my attention that Tyrone seems to be missing from merchandising ads.  Any significance I wonder?  although Grealish was in them up until he actually left so probably nothing, hopefully.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4952 on: August 06, 2022, 10:14:41 AM »
My daughter has just brought to my attention that Tyrone seems to be missing from merchandising ads.  Any significance I wonder?  although Grealish was in them up until he actually left so probably nothing, hopefully.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #4953 on: August 06, 2022, 10:34:28 AM »
Right, she ain't too old at forty-five for a bollocking!

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #4954 on: August 06, 2022, 10:35:20 AM »
I didn’t hear or sense anything remotely personal towards Mings from SG at all. If he doesn’t play tomorrow it will be due to an injury picked up, and the captaincy decision doesn’t have to be forensically analysed in to being something that it’s not either.

I presume that Diego is the number one centre back now and it's just a case of who plays alongside him.  I think I'd be happy with either Tyrone or Calum Chambers as they offer slightly different things.  Hopefully, at last, we have someone interchangeable and it won't drop the quality.  (I hope).

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #4955 on: August 06, 2022, 10:46:48 AM »

Ming's character is probably too large for SG.
SG has gone after Mings to show them who's in charge.

Whilst I know I'm still not convinced about Gerrard, I also know this is a load of bollocks. There's no way on earth this is down to his character, but will be more about his level of performance and consistency on the field.

This. Sorry Footy, you're taking drivel.

No, not in the slightest it's a view that I see which because you see it alternatively you dismiss.
Gerrard is all about control and Mings is his own character which for Gerrard is obviously a problem.
Find it disappointing. I'd rather celebrate Mings and look to boost him rather than what's occurred. But let's hope McGinn steps up as not just a joker in a locker room who boost morale as this ain't no circus.

Offline cdward

« Reply #4956 on: August 06, 2022, 10:49:21 AM »

They realised that Mings and his fine six pack physique might have been feeling inadequate against the Villa Dad bods, so they left him out to concentrate on his game.

(that's probably why it was noticed he was missing too)

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #4957 on: August 06, 2022, 10:57:08 AM »

Ming's character is probably too large for SG.
SG has gone after Mings to show them who's in charge.

Whilst I know I'm still not convinced about Gerrard, I also know this is a load of bollocks. There's no way on earth this is down to his character, but will be more about his level of performance and consistency on the field.

No it's a concern and view I have. You can disagree but it can't be ruled out as nonsense. I am concerned that Gerrard will become frustrated and disappointed as a result of his management control issues.
When he tries to communicate in this manner when things are difficult, his form and the team will deviate significantly. SG is a pragmatic coach who wants to say how it is. He wants the team to be in control of the game and ultimately, he can give the vibe of a frustrated ex-player , an elite one , who as a captain wants exactly the same from his current players but he has to now be the coach not the ex player and help his players.

The plus to having such a determined winner is that he is a coach who understands the importance of winning and exceeding expectations. He wants to improve, and he expects certain levels and standards to be met by his players.
When things are going well, we gain momentum and can move forward but can we say his consistency is any better than Mings or his players.
As a player for Liverpool it was but as a manager and coach he has to make sure its not just all talk.
That's just how I see it and have that right.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 10:59:20 AM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Risso

« Reply #4958 on: August 06, 2022, 11:00:08 AM »
It can be ruled out as nonsense, because it IS nonsense.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #4959 on: August 06, 2022, 11:21:20 AM »
Footy where is your evidence of any character issues? Mings may make mistakes on the pitch but I've never seen anyone question his attitude or approach. Gerrard has said himself that he had a good conversation about it.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #4960 on: August 06, 2022, 11:32:20 AM »
What management control issues?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4961 on: August 06, 2022, 11:38:31 AM »
Footy, if he has a problem with Mings' charecter, then he would have dropped him last season when he had the chance. You're just wobbling utter nonsense.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #4962 on: August 06, 2022, 11:44:18 AM »
Footy where is your evidence of any character issues? Mings may make mistakes on the pitch but I've never seen anyone question his attitude or approach. Gerrard has said himself that he had a good conversation about it.

Its well-known a new manager enters and makes a statement to establish his authority over a team and squad.
Managers will frequently target staff and players in order to make a point to the team and remind them who is in charge.
Different frequencies of that for different managers and for situations they find themselves in.

Classic football psychology and in wider field of other industries.  Politics.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #4963 on: August 06, 2022, 11:46:25 AM »
Footy, if he has a problem with Mings' charecter, then he would have dropped him last season when he had the chance. You're just wobbling utter nonsense.
No screams to me more like Mings doesn't fit with Gerrard style of how to be a footballer character.
One who is solely a footballer. SG would feel intimidated by such a presence. McGinn is a different character . And maybe correct for SG identity
 But as a club and ambassador Mings represents a lot.
Mings is inspiration and a figure head. It's pretty harsh how he's been cast aside from all responsibility given all his ability as a recognised and articulate speaker and what he does off the field.

Good luck to them all I say
All decent enough people in their own right.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 11:49:27 AM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Risso

« Reply #4964 on: August 06, 2022, 11:49:29 AM »
No more like Mings doesn't fit with Gerrard style of how to be a footballer character.
One who is solely a footballer.
Mings is inspiration and a figure head. It's pretty harsh how he's been cast aside from all responsibility given all his ability as a recognised and articulate speaker and what he does off the field.

What he does off the field has no bearing whatsoever on his job as captain for Aston Villa. A manager has taken over a club halfway through the season, and now during the summer has decided that he thinks John McGinn is the person he wants to be captain. Now you don't like either Gerrard or McGinn, as your incessant digs at them show, but the suggestion that Gerrard doesn't like Mings because of his character is nothing more than nonsense.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal