collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 886367 times)

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #4470 on: December 30, 2021, 12:18:54 AM »
Good summary Paul.

I’d rather look at the amount of good things Mings brings to our team on and off the pitch and in my eyes he’s as the title to this thread says, than focus on every mistake our captain might make. He’s an excellent centre half and a fantastic leader on the pitch. He’s not perfect by any means. Most of our players aren’t but that’s where we are at the moment. No doubt we will get an upgrade on him and many others currently in the team as well.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4471 on: December 30, 2021, 12:29:31 AM »
He doesn't drop anywhere near the number of rickets he used to, and since Gerrard's arrival he's largely been at his awesome best. And I've every confidence that as we improve overall, so shall he.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #4472 on: December 30, 2021, 08:31:17 AM »
thankfully he's stopped smashing the ball up the line aimlessly - that's a good start.

Offline frank black

« Reply #4473 on: December 30, 2021, 08:39:23 AM »
Good player. With two faults IMO. The occasional moment where he thinks he’s going to do a bit of “skills” and when he thinks he can outmuscle the big strikers (he can’t). He would certainly be hard to replace with better, unless we are up in those champions league spots.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #4474 on: December 30, 2021, 11:54:39 AM »
Definitely improved under Gerrards scrutiny and we'd have to spend a lot of money to replace and improve on him. Came off second-best against Lukaku but he's not the first to do that. Still got the odd mad clearance in him but I've noticed they are also few and far between now as well.
Moving in the right direction.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #4475 on: December 31, 2021, 12:51:25 AM »
Mings is very good, but has flaws. A very astute chappie, he is no doubt aware of this and will improve.

SG threw down the gauntlet re captaincy, and he has responded well.

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #4476 on: December 31, 2021, 09:42:07 AM »
I have noticed that the same people who don't rate Mings often seem to have some sort of problem with Lewis Hamilton and Anthony Joshua.

That's a stretch and then some

Joshua is wildly overated or was anyway.

How exactly is Joshua overrated? Olympic champion, world champion, he's only lost 2 fights. I'd agree that Fury is a better fighter, but saying Joshua is overrated considering his achievements.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4477 on: December 31, 2021, 10:31:25 AM »
I have noticed that the same people who don't rate Mings often seem to have some sort of problem with Lewis Hamilton and Anthony Joshua.

That's a stretch and then some

Joshua is wildly overated or was anyway.

How exactly is Joshua overrated? Olympic champion, world champion, he's only lost 2 fights. I'd agree that Fury is a better fighter, but saying Joshua is overrated considering his achievements.

Because he was the big hope for British boxing, and has arguably only beaten one really top fighter, and that was an ageing Klitschko.

Online sid1964

« Reply #4478 on: December 31, 2021, 11:10:33 AM »
Mings- if we are serious about getting into the top 6 then we need better

As soon as lukaku came on he made Mings look what he is an average centre half

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4479 on: December 31, 2021, 11:32:39 AM »
And he made Konsa and Targett look like 12 year olds chasing Botham after Headingley, but we don't seem to be making the same assumptions about them.

I wonder what it is that makes Mings attract more criticism than others?

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #4480 on: December 31, 2021, 11:42:21 AM »
Weird takes by some. I presume people are hinting Mings off the field activities make people take a harsher view of him? Personally he could post airgun squirrel videos on youtube and support UkIP and I wouldn't think any more or less of him. He's a footballer and his opinions on anything else hold no more importance than my postman's or the bloke down the pub who visits volcanoes as a hobby and fell down Stromboli recently. Hamilton I find a very dull person but I thought he handled the blatant result rigging very well. Joshua I wouldn't recognise if he knocked on my door. Surely all boxers are twats anyway?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 11:55:51 AM by sickbeggar »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4481 on: December 31, 2021, 11:46:52 AM »
And he made Konsa and Targett look like 12 year olds chasing Botham after Headingley, but we don't seem to be making the same assumptions about them.

I wonder what it is that makes Mings attract more criticism than others?

Erm, well surely then Konsa would be in for the same criticism?

But people need to cut it out with the thinly-veiled accusations of racism though. If you've got something to say, say it. Alluding to racism when none exists is a pretty poor show, and doesn't help the fight against real racism at all.

Online LeeB

« Reply #4482 on: December 31, 2021, 11:51:24 AM »
He gets over the top stick because he stuck his head above the parapet and says what he thinks, and that attracts additional criticism that is not based on performance alone.

It's always been that way.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4483 on: December 31, 2021, 12:00:41 PM »
No he doesn't. He gets stick because he is brainless too often. That's from a lack of experience disproportionate to somebody his age and because he is also a converted full back.

He's probably not good enough to be a top 6 centre half. His fellow black player who partners him at centre half on the other hand, is a sensational defender and will still be good enough for us when we qualify for the Champions League.

Online LeeB

« Reply #4484 on: December 31, 2021, 12:03:53 PM »
No, I get that Ads and he deserves some stick at times, but it's out of proportion because of his public profile.

And when I say 'it's always been that way', I meant for black people that challenge attitudes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal