collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 886148 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #4455 on: December 29, 2021, 07:15:25 PM »
Cash also got stick for his Complete fuck up, but did not get any one rushing to his defence.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4456 on: December 29, 2021, 07:21:47 PM »
Cash also got stick for his Complete fuck up out but did not get any one rushing to his defence.

When Cash has a bunch of his own fans on his back over everything he does people might feel the need to point out how over the top the criticism is.

Honestly spend an hour looking up posts on facebook and twitter about Villa and, regardless of the topic, you'll find someone slagging off Mings in the vast majority of them. No other player gets anything like the amount of completely unneccessary bullshit and it's very hard to stop thinking that it might be because of who he is rather than what he does on the pitch. I'm not accussing anyone on here of anything but a lot of it is badly disguised racism aimed at someone who is one of the strongest anti-racism campaigners in the game.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4457 on: December 29, 2021, 07:32:47 PM »
Cash also got stick for his Complete fuck up out but did not get any one rushing to his defence.

When Cash has a bunch of his own fans on his back over everything he does people might feel the need to point out how over the top the criticism is.

Honestly spend an hour looking up posts on facebook and twitter about Villa and, regardless of the topic, you'll find someone slagging off Mings in the vast majority of them. No other player gets anything like the amount of completely unneccessary bullshit and it's very hard to stop thinking that it might be because of who he is rather than what he does on the pitch. I'm not accussing anyone on here of anything but a lot of it is badly disguised racism aimed at someone who is one of the strongest anti-racism campaigners in the game.
I don’t do Twitter or Facebook, but it would not surprise me if there were non football reasons for the abuse. One of the reasons I don’t do either.
The debate on here I think is stretched because people are rushing to defend Mings for what was a pretty obvious bit  of shit defending.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #4458 on: December 29, 2021, 07:46:44 PM »

I don’t do Twitter or Facebook, but it would not surprise me if there were non football reasons for the abuse. One of the reasons I don’t do either.
The debate on here I think is stretched because people are rushing to defend Mings for what was a pretty obvious bit  of shit defending.

Are they? I think most people agree it was a mistake but have issue with the "we need an upgrade on Mings if we want to finish top half" posts that come out every time there's a goal that can be blamed on him.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #4459 on: December 29, 2021, 07:54:13 PM »
we need an upgrade on a lot of positions if we want to consistently finish top half.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #4460 on: December 29, 2021, 08:07:16 PM »
we need an upgrade on a lot of positions if we want to consistently finish top half.

I'm not sure, I think a handful of signings and some work on getting players fit enough to reduce the number of injuries they get and we're as good as all but 4-5 teams in the league. Our biggest problem in 2021 was not being able to field our best players for long stretches.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #4461 on: December 29, 2021, 09:45:47 PM »
To be honest the thing that worries me most about him is the sheer number of clearances he manages to thump straight up a hundred yards into the air.

Fuck knows what shape his boots are.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4462 on: December 29, 2021, 10:18:15 PM »

Are they? I think most people agree it was a mistake but have issue with the "we need an upgrade on Mings if we want to finish top half" posts that come out every time there's a goal that can be blamed on him.
so a few think that, so what? They are entitled to their opinions.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #4463 on: December 29, 2021, 10:28:05 PM »
I've heard it all now. Because some supporters don't rate Mings ability as a top defender it may be due to badly disguised racism????

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4464 on: December 29, 2021, 10:42:55 PM »
I've heard it all now. Because some supporters don't rate Mings ability as a top defender it may be due to badly disguised racism????
That appears to be the direction of travel.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #4465 on: December 29, 2021, 10:44:37 PM »

No, because some supporters who are racist target him for abuse on social media people that defend him feel the need to do it more.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #4466 on: December 29, 2021, 10:59:58 PM »

Paul e can defend himself, but you’ve twisted what he said a bit here. He doesn’t say people aren’t entitled to not rate Mings. He points out he gets a far higher proportion of criticism on social media than other players in proportion to the number of errors. I would say given Mings profile and what he openly stands for there is something in this.
Doesn’t mean it wasn’t a poor decision when not challenging Lukaku on Sunday.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4467 on: December 29, 2021, 11:13:36 PM »
I have noticed that the same people who don't rate Mings often seem to have some sort of problem with Lewis Hamilton and Anthony Joshua.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4468 on: December 29, 2021, 11:16:51 PM »
I don't especially rate Mings, and I think Joshua is an overrated boxer. I do like Hamilton though.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #4469 on: December 29, 2021, 11:37:02 PM »
I have noticed that the same people who don't rate Mings often seem to have some sort of problem with Lewis Hamilton and Anthony Joshua.

That's a stretch and then some

Joshua is wildly overated or was anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal