collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876154 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #3435 on: April 20, 2021, 05:51:03 PM »
Love Tyrone I've met him a few times a real gentleman something needs to be done regarding racism.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3436 on: May 20, 2021, 01:28:16 PM »
An absolute giant yesterday. MOTD were glowing about him but he was everywhere. A real display in leadership also. We had two captains on the pitch.

Offline WassallVillain

« Reply #3437 on: May 20, 2021, 02:10:34 PM »
I think he likes playing there.  He had a great game at Tottenham last year as well I recall. To the point their fans were commenting they should buy him.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #3438 on: May 23, 2021, 07:45:51 PM »
Tyrone Mings on Twitter

A great win to finish 💜 ... was brilliant to have our family and the fans back at VP. To anyone that booed us taking the knee, have a look at yourself and ask if you truly support equality and equal opportunity for the black players on the pitch. It’s tiring. Educate yourself.

Well said Tyrone. We don’t need those “fans” associated with the club. It was so massively disappointing to hear those boos.

And he was superb today also.

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #3439 on: May 23, 2021, 07:57:50 PM »
Tyrone Mings on Twitter

A great win to finish 💜 ... was brilliant to have our family and the fans back at VP. To anyone that booed us taking the knee, have a look at yourself and ask if you truly support equality and equal opportunity for the black players on the pitch. It’s tiring. Educate yourself.

Well said Tyrone. We don’t need those “fans” associated with the club. It was so massively disappointing to hear those boos.

And he was superb today also.

It's so fucking exasperating. I agree with the likes of Zaha that it has lost it's meaning but booing? And I doubt that's why they're booing because well... why would you?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #3440 on: May 23, 2021, 08:04:12 PM »
There would be no football without black players. Villa played with 8 different black players during the game today.  Are those that boo'd saying that they support Aston Villa, but don't support those players?  I just don't get it.  I am so very proud of having been born on Fentham Road in Aston, in 1967.  In the centre of the best City in the world, because of its diversity. Judging someone because of the colour of their skin, holding them back, is scum.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #3441 on: May 23, 2021, 08:05:32 PM »
I will go one stage further and ask the Supporters Trust to make a statement about this. 

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #3442 on: May 23, 2021, 08:11:16 PM »
He was indeed superb today, and has got better as the season has gone on, I think.

As for the booing of the taking of the knee, wtf was that about?  Watching on live tv at the time, I was hoping there was maybe a delay in the sound as against pictures, and that the booing was of Chelsea kicking off, not the players taking the knee.  But it seems not.  Even if you're not positively in support of the act of taking the knee, for whatever reason that might be, what might be the thought process behind actually booing it, when the players are in the act of doing it (bearing in mind amongst other things that about half of the players taking the knee (today) were themselves black)?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #3443 on: May 23, 2021, 08:33:05 PM »
He was indeed superb today, and has got better as the season has gone on, I think.

As for the booing of the taking of the knee, wtf was that about?  Watching on live tv at the time, I was hoping there was maybe a delay in the sound as against pictures, and that the booing was of Chelsea kicking off, not the players taking the knee.  But it seems not.  Even if you're not positively in support of the act of taking the knee, for whatever reason that might be, what might be the thought process behind actually booing it, when the players are in the act of doing it (bearing in mind amongst other things that about half of the players taking the knee (today) were themselves black)?

It’s quite simple. As a wise man once said to me “if you want to know someone’s true feelings about racism, watch how they react to anti-racism”.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #3444 on: May 23, 2021, 08:41:57 PM »
I will go one stage further and ask the Supporters Trust to make a statement about this. 

My personal view. The majority of us there today were applauding the gesture. And clapped louder to drown out the booing. As Stan Collymore has just tweeted. I think they know where to stick their copies of the Sun.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3445 on: May 23, 2021, 08:43:37 PM »
I love the excuses for booing. 'It's because BLM are a dodgy group!', indicating exactly no knowledge about BLM, who's involved and how it works (i.e. the odd crazy tweet by one of the founders doesn't necessarily negate, you know, not liking extrajudicial murder by the state with impunity). Because an organisation like BLM isn't allowed nuance, but your booing an obviously anti-racist gesture should.

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #3446 on: May 23, 2021, 08:45:22 PM »
The booing was crackers. If you don't like the statement then it might be wise to just keep quiet and the respect the right of others to do so, particularly when half our own players are black. At best, people are thick or ill-informed. At worst, what Percy said.

Mings deserves the thread bump too. He received some largely criticism in the first half or the season but has been imperious over the second half of the season to answer any critics. Quick, brave, decent on the ball and a genuine leader. He's perfect for us and we're perfect for him. He must be relieved to get through 2 full seasons without injury issues as well.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 08:48:32 PM by Olof's Beard »

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #3447 on: May 23, 2021, 08:47:49 PM »
We had someone in the match thread refer to them as Marxist. Just foolish. Like all efforts at social justice there will be those who try to take advantage of it for their own purposes. But the essence of the movement was to draw attention to a subject those who propagate racism don’t want anyone to discuss or expose. And the fact that since this has been a movement we have seen so many incidents brought to light shows how much there is left to do. If you don’t get it now you never will and I for one have no time for you at all.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3448 on: May 23, 2021, 08:48:39 PM »

It’s quite simple. As a wise man once said to me “if you want to know someone’s true feelings about racism, watch how they react to anti-racism”.

Was that me?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #3449 on: May 23, 2021, 09:43:20 PM »

Was that me?

Yes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal