collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 891135 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #3450 on: May 23, 2021, 09:57:04 PM »
They say more about themselves than they can even begin to imagine.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3451 on: May 23, 2021, 10:06:02 PM »
He was indeed superb today, and has got better as the season has gone on, I think.

As for the booing of the taking of the knee, wtf was that about?  Watching on live tv at the time, I was hoping there was maybe a delay in the sound as against pictures, and that the booing was of Chelsea kicking off, not the players taking the knee.  But it seems not.  Even if you're not positively in support of the act of taking the knee, for whatever reason that might be, what might be the thought process behind actually booing it, when the players are in the act of doing it (bearing in mind amongst other things that about half of the players taking the knee (today) were themselves black)?

It’s quite simple. As a wise man once said to me “if you want to know someone’s true feelings about racism, watch how they react to anti-racism”.

100% spot on

Anyone booing is an utter moron.  Presumably they kept up their racist narrative by refusing to cheer Traore & El Ghazi scoring our goals...thickest of the thick

Offline spartacuss

« Reply #3452 on: May 23, 2021, 10:06:52 PM »
Yeah, that's the way to support your team to boo them before they've even kicked a ball and you haven't seen them, live, for 15 months!  Fortunately, someone I was trying to impress that Villa had an impeccable record, in recent years, on matters of race and xenophobia wasn't in the room for the first 5 minutes.  These minority of twats who express this vileness as an outlet for the frustrations they feel at their own exploited, unequal lives play right into the hands of those people who really fuck up their existence i.e. the excessively powerful and privileged who express their 'loyalty' and 'patriotism' to whichever tax haven maximises the wealth they have  made in the UK.  It's reassuring to this latter, 'elite' group that there are people who are diverted away from focusing on opinions and strategies to challenge the massive injustices that are foisted upon the majority of people. 

The 'dog-whistle' messages and more overt hostility to BLM in the right-wing media is an example of the classic '3D' strategy: Distract, Divert and Divide those people who have a broad, common interest in obtaining justice, fairness and freedom from exploitation.

Fascism/Authoritarianism/Stalinism and their miserable cousins: Racism, Anti-Semitism, Xenophobia, Misogyny etc guarantees their mass followers that they will be eating the shit-sandwich of life. It also screws up your sex-life and sense of general well-being as Wilhelm Reich in his book "The Mass Psychology of Fascism" shows! (An imperfect book, but the central idea holds true...)

And for the record, if my black relatives and friends give me grief - joshing or serious - I tell it like it is and give it back to them, but not based on which of the '50 Shades of Melanin' they or I possess!

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #3453 on: May 23, 2021, 10:14:46 PM »
Tyrone Mings on Twitter

A great win to finish 💜 ... was brilliant to have our family and the fans back at VP. To anyone that booed us taking the knee, have a look at yourself and ask if you truly support equality and equal opportunity for the black players on the pitch. It’s tiring. Educate yourself.

Well said Tyrone. We don’t need those “fans” associated with the club. It was so massively disappointing to hear those boos.

And he was superb today also.

I can sort of get the argument that taking the knee has run its course and is tokenism at this stage.

When you have people like Zaha saying he won't take the knee for that very reason.  But his point is on its own its not enough - without significant sanctions for online abuse, abuse in grounds and more education on the subject.

To actually boo it shows a tiny, tiny mind.

That sort of cretinous pondlife are better off at a rally with Stephen Yaxley Lennon and the EDL/ Britain First/ I Can't Believe It's Not Britain or whatever they're calling themselves now.

Don't attach our name to that shite.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:16:50 PM by KevinGage »

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3454 on: May 24, 2021, 02:07:31 PM »
He's another that's a perfect example for children coming through. Great attitude, commitment and leadership. And he's not a bad player either.

To echo others, fair enough if you don't agree with the impact of taking a knee, but booing it just shows that you're racist. I hope they carry on doing it for as long as people are discriminated against or abused because of their heritage or colour of their skin. Unfortunately I think that means it will have to stay for a long time.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3455 on: May 24, 2021, 06:09:32 PM »
Well said Tyrone.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #3456 on: May 24, 2021, 06:25:42 PM »
He was indeed superb today, and has got better as the season has gone on, I think.

As for the booing of the taking of the knee, wtf was that about?  Watching on live tv at the time, I was hoping there was maybe a delay in the sound as against pictures, and that the booing was of Chelsea kicking off, not the players taking the knee.  But it seems not.  Even if you're not positively in support of the act of taking the knee, for whatever reason that might be, what might be the thought process behind actually booing it, when the players are in the act of doing it (bearing in mind amongst other things that about half of the players taking the knee (today) were themselves black)?

It’s quite simple. As a wise man once said to me “if you want to know someone’s true feelings about racism, watch how they react to anti-racism”.

100% spot on

Anyone booing is an utter moron.  Presumably they kept up their racist narrative by refusing to cheer Traore & El Ghazi scoring our goals...thickest of the thick
Absolutely spot on Percy.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3457 on: May 24, 2021, 07:28:33 PM »
Indeed. Nail on head, Percy. It's embarrassing that Mings had to make that statement but there we are, there are still loads of racist twats around. There were rumours last week that the wankers were going to boo so it wasn't really a surprise, rather a massive disappointment that we have these knobheads following our club. Good on Mings for not brushing it under the carpet but instead facing it head on. A player and leader on and off the pitch all Villa fans should be very proud of. I know I am.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3458 on: May 24, 2021, 07:43:18 PM »
The club should now make a strong statement as should the Trust. These are not issues where you sit on the fence.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #3459 on: May 24, 2021, 07:57:01 PM »
Those that boo the taking a knee would stop if the tv camera panned to them live.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #3460 on: May 24, 2021, 08:39:16 PM »
Don’t give them the oxygen of publicity.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3461 on: May 24, 2021, 08:43:05 PM »
Proud that one of our players is among the most prominent leaders of this campaign within football. He's inspirational, on and off the pitch. Fuck the racist idiots.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3462 on: May 24, 2021, 08:45:56 PM »
Those that boo the taking a knee would stop if the tv camera panned to them live.

I don’t think so. Racist ****** aren’t so shy anymore.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #3463 on: May 24, 2021, 09:20:39 PM »
I see he's tweeted that ' the best thing about today was when the booing started the applause that immediately started up to drown it out'. Words to that effect.

Good man Tyrone, a shining example.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #3464 on: May 24, 2021, 10:10:07 PM »
I absolutely think he’s such a great asset and influence in our squad. He’s been superb this season, actually since he’s walked through the door here. He’s a great leader on and off the pitch.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal