collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876322 times)

Offline exigo

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #3420 on: April 16, 2021, 10:22:18 PM »
I really can't say too much about this, but while the England players were in camp a couple of weeks ago, they were asked to do media duties around a really difficult, important subject. I was involved with the project.
Three players put themselves forward. Tyrone was one of them. Did it with empathy and authority.
I could not have been prouder to see a Villa player involved. The film will be out in the next couple of months.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3421 on: April 16, 2021, 11:08:33 PM »
We can criticise his play (and I have), but he's a giant of a character.
This has nothing to do with football and everything to do with vermin ****** who are just ******.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3422 on: April 16, 2021, 11:15:54 PM »
I really can't say too much about this, but while the England players were in camp a couple of weeks ago, they were asked to do media duties around a really difficult, important subject. I was involved with the project.
Three players put themselves forward. Tyrone was one of them. Did it with empathy and authority.
I could not have been prouder to see a Villa player involved. The film will be out in the next couple of months.
Pleased to hear that exigo and thanks for sharing.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #3423 on: April 16, 2021, 11:38:01 PM »
Tyrone Mings is a brilliant player, brilliant man. I’m very proud of him.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3424 on: April 17, 2021, 12:00:08 AM »
Love Tyrone. Love him supporting BLM this last year.
Hate the pond life abusing him.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #3425 on: April 17, 2021, 12:02:07 AM »
More pathetic words from faceless cowards.
Let's hope that the person involved is rooted out.
Always so many words of condemnation but very little action against the perpetrators.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #3426 on: April 17, 2021, 10:14:36 AM »
Love the man he's a credit to Villa and also football, always speaks brilliantly.

How much longer have we got to put up with this crap, it's 2021 for god's sake.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #3427 on: April 17, 2021, 11:34:59 AM »
Love the man he's a credit to Villa and also football, always speaks brilliantly.

This.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #3428 on: April 17, 2021, 03:50:58 PM »
Wonderful to hear. Tyrone comes across as a really sound bloke, we're lucky to have him & players like him at the club.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3429 on: April 17, 2021, 05:37:23 PM »

This is why taking a knee before games is still valuable, stuff like this is always there just below the surface.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #3430 on: April 18, 2021, 12:00:41 AM »
Tyrone always comes across as intelligent, socially aware and a generally good person and we’re lucky to have him at the club.

There are obviously lots of individual cowards posting this stuff on social media and it’s also not in the interests of the social media companies to deal with effectively as it would mean creating restrictive measures that goes against everything they want, constant engagement and interaction no matter what the content.

I came off Facebook a few years ago, partly because of a never ending argument I was having with someone I went to primary school with who I hadn’t seen for 30 odd years. The arguments were around me challenging his constant subtle and more overt racism. It was never ending and I realised I was feeding the vitriol and decided for that and other reasons to call it a day.

However, the answer isn’t black players stopping using social media. There has to be a proper analysis of this. Some of these individuals will be at the very least influenced by more coordinated far right groups, if not more actively engaged. I’m not playing at conspiracy theories here, but this is now happening with such regularity, there feels a degree of coordination going on.

Offline Rory

« Reply #3431 on: April 18, 2021, 12:09:55 AM »
My brother works at VP and says Ty (as he calls him) is a lovely bloke. Obviously that isn't the point with this kind of nonsense.

I like to think Ty feels well-supported with us and as long as we stand with him against these scumbags, he can brush it off. Because he's a great bloke and a superb ambassador for the club, and he shouldn't have to worry about this kind of shit.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #3432 on: April 19, 2021, 08:53:45 AM »
My brother works at VP and says Ty (as he calls him) is a lovely bloke. Obviously that isn't the point with this kind of nonsense.

I like to think Ty feels well-supported with us and as long as we stand with him against these scumbags, he can brush it off. Because he's a great bloke and a superb ambassador for the club, and he shouldn't have to worry about this kind of shit.

I'm sorry Rory but this needs nipping in the bud with some urgency.

Offline Rory

« Reply #3433 on: April 19, 2021, 09:49:58 AM »

I'm sorry Rory but this needs nipping in the bud with some urgency.

That's what he asked my brother to call him. But you're quite right, I'll stick to 'Mr Mings' in future.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3434 on: April 19, 2021, 10:12:57 AM »

This is why taking a knee before games is still valuable, stuff like this is always there just below the surface.

If the issue of online abuse is to be tackled then further action is required.  Footballers and other high profile sports stars could be a powerful lobbying group if they join together and put pressure on some of these social media companies that profit from their presence on their platforms.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal