collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 875801 times)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #3060 on: November 22, 2020, 12:59:56 PM »
I think we need someone else in central defence, not necessarily a starter but an experienced Prem player in his 30s who Mings can learn from. As it is, he's the leader of the defence but he's still naive in different aspects of his game. Didn't Watford have one or two seasoned pros of reasonable quality (Cartwright or someone?) that we could sign?

I'd also like Engles to be bjorn again and get another chance. How does he keep picking up injuries when he never plays ?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #3061 on: November 22, 2020, 01:01:36 PM »
His positional awareness for their first goal was embarrassing. Proper schoolboy stuff.

There’s a back 4 though they were all in front of him not just Mings

The other three weren't marking the guy who scored.

your spot on there, that’s why he waltzed through unhindered

If the other three have to constantly cover Mings arse he shouldn't be in the team.

Everyone has a job. Mings didn't do his and Brighton scored. It's that simple.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #3062 on: November 22, 2020, 01:25:07 PM »
His positional awareness for their first goal was embarrassing. Proper schoolboy stuff.

If the other three have to constantly cover Mings arse he shouldn't be in the team.

Playing centre half is all about partnerships though. Mings for sure went walkabout but Konsa should be spotting that and dropping off too but he was miles out of position too. I'd give the two full backs a pass, all on the two centre backs and Luiz for that one. Abysmal goal to concede, Danny Wellbeck breaking five yards inside his own half to run unchallenged to score. 

I said at start of season Mings has it all to prove in the top division, he still does. Destroyed by Bamford and Wellbeck in successive home games is embarrassing. He's only involved with England due to the paucity of quality centre halves available and the fact he is left footed.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3063 on: November 22, 2020, 01:47:40 PM »
Well im not sure if its about Mings ability or not. There's centre-halfs that are complete arse that wouldn't make the mistakes he did. Just do the utter basics of the job and stop poncing around covers it.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3064 on: November 22, 2020, 02:05:45 PM »
Well im not sure if its about Mings ability or not. There's centre-halfs that are complete arse that wouldn't make the mistakes he did. Just do the utter basics of the job and stop poncing around covers it.
I think he has all the Physical attributes to be a very good centre half at this level.
Sadly his concentration and mentality is a problem.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3065 on: November 22, 2020, 02:20:15 PM »
On average Mings is a good, not great CB. But his issue is when he has bad games he looks very bad. But as we have seen his good games can also be very good. As a unit our defence at times this season has looked superb. But at home we are too open. Teams are able to overload the midfield and put pressure on the back four who then if they make mistakes we concede goals too easily. Somehow away from we’ve looked very dominant because we play as a more compact unit in defence and attack. So I don’t think it’s all Mings and as I said before we have often made him better than the player he is on average.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3066 on: November 22, 2020, 02:20:22 PM »

I'm not defending Mings he was poor yesterday and was the most at fault for the goal
But he wasn't solely culpable

as for centre backs VD aside they all make more mistakes than they used to even those at the top teams
they are all a much of a muchness and that includes Mings

Look at England the reason Southgate plays 3 is because there's not a proper decent Centre half among the lot of them

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3067 on: November 22, 2020, 02:44:31 PM »
He has previous on that. Remember Newcastle's goal post lockdown last season totally out of placing marking a throw in?

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #3068 on: November 22, 2020, 02:52:35 PM »
I think he has all the Physical attributes to be a very good centre half at this level.
Sadly his concentration and mentality is a problem.

maybe, but would you get to this level if you had a tendency to allow the player you're marking to get into a different time-zone? My view is he goes away on england duty, mingles with the "stars" and then comes back thinking he's made it forgetting brighton are likely to provide a stiffer challenge than iceland and the republic of ireland

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3069 on: November 22, 2020, 02:54:47 PM »
Tyrone Mings is the last player I would think gets carried away with his elevated status. Look at who he is outside of the game. The causes he is involved with. He’s a throughly good person. Can it not just be that he had a bad game? There are better defenders than Mings who have had poor games in their careers.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #3070 on: November 22, 2020, 02:58:48 PM »
thats what i mean. he's probably our most high profile player media wise.  And its not the first time he's been bad off the back off going away with England

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3071 on: November 22, 2020, 03:03:55 PM »
It’s not bad games as such, it’s a tendency to make mistakes too often and these mistakes are beginning to add up points wise.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #3072 on: November 22, 2020, 03:15:03 PM »
whatever's going on we've let in 11 goals in 6 games and two of them were clean sheets! stick that across a season and we'll be struggling to keep below last season's GA total
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 03:21:55 PM by sickbeggar »

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #3073 on: November 22, 2020, 09:28:02 PM »
Mings has a dodgy game no doubt, but for the first goal I cannot work out why all of the defenders apart from Targett far away on the left, we’re in the Brighton half, when the action was near to the middle of the park.
My lad plays in defence for an under 11s side and even at that age, him and his fellow CB, know that one needs to drop back if the other one advances over half way.
I can’t believe it’s coached to all go that far forward, collective head wobble I think

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3074 on: November 22, 2020, 10:31:14 PM »
That is the point, Wellbeck can not score from 15 yards in his own half facing his own goal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal