collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 875789 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #2880 on: July 10, 2020, 07:40:46 PM »
Off to Chelsea.
Arsenal, I've heard.
haven't Arsenal got enough defenders that rate themselves as better than what they actually are?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2881 on: July 10, 2020, 07:41:21 PM »
I've heard the real interest is from Barcelona and Bromsgrove Sporting. Brace yourselves for a bidding war.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2882 on: July 10, 2020, 07:47:12 PM »
I've heard the real interest is from Barcelona and Bromsgrove Sporting. Brace yourselves for a bidding war.

The smart money's on Legal & General.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #2883 on: July 10, 2020, 08:50:56 PM »

Off to Weatherfield.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 09:02:30 PM by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2884 on: July 10, 2020, 09:28:28 PM »

Off to Weatherfield.

Withington Red looks a bit down.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2885 on: July 10, 2020, 10:05:35 PM »
The right player next to Mings and he will be ok.  He would have been great playing next to John Terry or some such strong personality.  He plays well enough for England.  He has made some poor mistakes and needs better coaching.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2886 on: July 10, 2020, 11:45:15 PM »
If he’s a top four player then so am I. But I’ll happily take the over inflated fee for the England international.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #2887 on: July 10, 2020, 11:56:52 PM »
The right player next to Mings and he will be ok.  He would have been great playing next to John Terry or some such strong personality.  He plays well enough for England.  He has made some poor mistakes and needs better coaching.

I’m not sure about that. He reminds me of Curtis Davies. Looks like he should be a really top class centre half but that moment of indecision or misjudgement always costs a goal. Remember Curtis looking great when he played with Martin Laursen because Laursens positional sense and nouse meant he hoovered up a lot of the danger. Mings looked like a Roll Royce playing with Tuanzebe against some championship dross - I think he’s been really exposed this year and perhaps living a bit off the fact he wore his play off final kit for 24 hours. That’s not to say he can’t come good but he’s been a real disappointment and let’s not lose sight of the fact he cost us £25m

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #2888 on: July 11, 2020, 12:12:56 AM »

There just doesn't seem a culture of responsibility at the club.  Terry really should have got hold of Mings a while back and told him a few home truths, but it just doesn't seem that kind of set up really. 

Offline The_ads

« Reply #2889 on: July 11, 2020, 12:17:16 AM »

There just doesn't seem a culture of responsibility at the club.  Terry really should have got hold of Mings a while back and told him a few home truths, but it just doesn't seem that kind of set up really.

I’ve not seen John Terry give any instructions or guidance whatsoever. He just stands there looking at what Richard O’Kelly and Dean Smith have written down. He looks fucking lost.  Has he even given an interview? He nice to hear from one of our coaching staff on what we’re doing to address this shite. I’ve not heard him speak to the media about his role since he was appointed. Get rid

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2890 on: July 11, 2020, 12:48:45 AM »

Roy Keane tearing Mings a new one publicly might be the long overdue kick up the arse he needs.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2891 on: July 11, 2020, 01:43:50 AM »
I think Roy Keane's been kicked up the arse enough times to know that he'll never amount to anything beyond punditry.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2892 on: July 11, 2020, 07:02:13 AM »

I’ve not seen John Terry give any instructions or guidance whatsoever. He just stands there looking at what Richard O’Kelly and Dean Smith have written down. He looks fucking lost.  Has he even given an interview? He nice to hear from one of our coaching staff on what we’re doing to address this shite. I’ve not heard him speak to the media about his role since he was appointed. Get rid

Yeah, let's get rid and then watch him flourish under a better coach and with better players around him.  Without the defensive minded midfielders in front of him, he has been exposed badly.  I am absolutely not happy with his overall performance this season but I recognise that there are key components within the overall team that we are badly lacking.  Leadership, talkers, experience, ballwinners.  Putting a football team together is like fitting a jigsaw together and Mings will be a decent player when those issues have been addressed.  As I say, watch him flourish at Tottenham, Arsenal or Man Yew.  The other thing to remember is that Mings has not really played too often at this level previously and I think far too much is expected of him whilst other players get a free pass.   Please note, I am not sticking up for him.  He clearly has shortcomings but the list of issues provided are all key factors and have let us down very badly this season.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2893 on: July 11, 2020, 09:45:19 AM »

This speaks to many of the issues we've had this season, including Mings' loss of way.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2894 on: July 11, 2020, 10:52:36 AM »
So you are basically confirming he is shit.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal