collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 886559 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #2805 on: June 06, 2020, 05:34:25 PM »

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2806 on: June 06, 2020, 05:38:27 PM »
Having lived and worked in San Fran and Oakland the levels of Racism in America are hard to contemplate or comprehend. This latest stain on American race relations looks like it might be some kind of tipping point. Removing Trump will be a start. I left America to come back to the UK on the day Obama was elected. Hard to imagine!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2807 on: June 06, 2020, 05:46:35 PM »
The death of George Floyd specifically might not have been overtly racially motivated but the systemic racism within the police force in the US is very well documented. Racial profiling is absolutely real and prevalent. George Floyd got treated by police like a black man in America. Where it escalated is that the police officer at the centre of this was a fucking bigoted wanker, a devotee of Trump, who has appeared on stage at one of rallies, and who saw no issue doing what he did in broad daylight. Did he intend to kill him? That’s yet to be determined and likely something that won’t be proven. But did he do everything he could to subject Floyd to the worst possible anguish and pain leading to his death? Absolutely he did.

The knee of the neck of a black man in America will forever become the symbol of what it is like to black in America. I’ve lived there for a number of years and you would be incredibly naive to think in any way, shape or form that African Americans, outside of sports and entertainment are not looked down on by a large contingent of white society. They were imported to America against their will 400 years ago and that’s how so many look at them either consciously or subconsciously. Racism in America is alive and well. Trump is just a massive part of the problem. He didn’t create this, but his Presidency has only allowed him to reveal who he is and truly reveal the racism that exists in every corner of America.

Destroying racism wherever it is is like pushing a boulder up a mountain. It’s just hard work every single day. And right now there are more people pushing and it feels like we are getting closer to the top. The danger is, as it has always been is that eventually this energy will dry up. And then what? Do we go back to what it has been until another major incident takes place? Or this time, will we find a way to complete the climb? I don’t have faith in the latter.

I agree with most of what you put but the photo's with Trump has been debunked.

Sorry yes it was the police chief. So you know where those attitudes start.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #2808 on: June 06, 2020, 06:09:39 PM »
The death of George Floyd specifically might not have been overtly racially motivated but the systemic racism within the police force in the US is very well documented. Racial profiling is absolutely real and prevalent. George Floyd got treated by police like a black man in America. Where it escalated is that the police officer at the centre of this was a fucking bigoted wanker, a devotee of Trump, who has appeared on stage at one of rallies, and who saw no issue doing what he did in broad daylight. Did he intend to kill him? That’s yet to be determined and likely something that won’t be proven. But did he do everything he could to subject Floyd to the worst possible anguish and pain leading to his death? Absolutely he did.

The knee of the neck of a black man in America will forever become the symbol of what it is like to black in America. I’ve lived there for a number of years and you would be incredibly naive to think in any way, shape or form that African Americans, outside of sports and entertainment are not looked down on by a large contingent of white society. They were imported to America against their will 400 years ago and that’s how so many look at them either consciously or subconsciously. Racism in America is alive and well. Trump is just a massive part of the problem. He didn’t create this, but his Presidency has only allowed him to reveal who he is and truly reveal the racism that exists in every corner of America.

Destroying racism wherever it is is like pushing a boulder up a mountain. It’s just hard work every single day. And right now there are more people pushing and it feels like we are getting closer to the top. The danger is, as it has always been is that eventually this energy will dry up. And then what? Do we go back to what it has been until another major incident takes place? Or this time, will we find a way to complete the climb? I don’t have faith in the latter.
This is a great post. Hopefully some of our less enlightened members will take the time to really read this.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2809 on: June 06, 2020, 06:45:01 PM »
There were a couple of people at the London protest today

https://twitter.com/QuickTake/status/1269308091855785986

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #2811 on: June 07, 2020, 09:22:21 AM »
Players of Borussia Dortmund and Hertha Berlin went down on one knee before their game in tribute to George Floyd. Both teams gathered around the centre circle and knelt while the coaches and their staff on the benches also joined in.
I hope Aston Villa and Sheffield United and Arsenal and Man city squads also do this -come June 17.
I also think they should have at least 1 to 2 minutes silent on respect to everyone who lost their lives for Covid-19
We know Mings has been a big advocate in support of both situations so I sure he'll have an input in suggestions to the tribute.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2812 on: June 22, 2020, 07:09:23 PM »
I don't think this man is a good competent  top division defender. It's all presentation without any substance. Makes regular mistakes and is often caught out of position. Worrying thing is he is our best defender.  :'(

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2813 on: June 22, 2020, 07:12:32 PM »
I think he’s a good player, but only when he’s fully switched on. It seems like his attention drifts sometimes and then makes bizarre mistakes.

Also he’s got to stop just hoofing it.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #2814 on: June 22, 2020, 07:55:02 PM »
They were picking him out on Talksport earlier saying he was partly culpable for both goals yesterday.

He can be very good, but he does have  costly mistakes in him...but then he's certainly not on his own there.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2815 on: June 22, 2020, 07:59:50 PM »
He’s not on his own. Not one single Villa player was marking for the second goal, not one. Our midfield three were MIA.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #2816 on: June 22, 2020, 08:22:51 PM »
I don't think this man is a good competent  top division defender. It's all presentation without any substance. Makes regular mistakes and is often caught out of position. Worrying thing is he is our best defender.  :'(

I've never thought he was a brilliant defender. Even last season I always feared he had one calamitous rick a game in him. He needs the player next to him to be, frankly, better than him. Not the other way around.

But he has a presence and character we've lacked since Petrov sadly couldn't carry on. He's an all-round immense human being, and I'm undeservingly proud that he wears my club's colours. He's a player that elevates football above being merely a game.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2817 on: June 22, 2020, 08:58:19 PM »
The talk has been of missing out on Cahill, who would've helped Tyrone I think, but I also think of that big shithouse that left the Albion to go to Watford, Dawson.

£5m he cost and I reckon he'd have served us much better than Engels, and we could've still bought Konza and Hause as cover.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2818 on: June 22, 2020, 09:11:41 PM »
Like many Villa players before him, he's gone downbank since his England call up and he started believing his own hype.

He definitely needs someone better (or at least more experienced) than him alongside.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2819 on: June 22, 2020, 09:15:09 PM »
He’s a good player, and we have many more issues to address before him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal