collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876205 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #2295 on: October 16, 2019, 10:58:38 AM »
My observation last night was that whilst 25% of the England team (and, apparently around 40% of Premier League players) are BAME there appeared to be very few BAME supporters in the England enclosure. Perhaps our game will know it's sorted out properly when the proportion stats for players, managers, coaches and fans are roughly the same.

But surely it's the case that the proportion of black players in football is much larger than the proportion of black people out of the the population as a whole.  I think it's about 10% of the UK population who are black or Asian, so if there are 400 fans out of say, 4,000 travelling fans, then the proportion would be about right.  There always seem to be lots down the Villa, anyway.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #2296 on: October 16, 2019, 11:31:31 AM »
Some click baity articles around that Man United fans are demanding they sign Mings.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2297 on: October 16, 2019, 11:35:53 AM »
Some click baity articles around that Man United fans are demanding they sign Mings.
Yes, Well their fans deserve any player they want, it’s just how the world works.
Great people.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #2298 on: October 16, 2019, 01:00:35 PM »
Not saying that it won't happen but I'd like to think that Manure will find they are dealing with a very different Aston Villa and be sent away with a full dose of fuck off tablets.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2299 on: October 16, 2019, 01:10:20 PM »
My observation last night was that whilst 25% of the England team (and, apparently around 40% of Premier League players) are BAME there appeared to be very few BAME supporters in the England enclosure. Perhaps our game will know it's sorted out properly when the proportion stats for players, managers, coaches and fans are roughly the same.

But surely it's the case that the proportion of black players in football is much larger than the proportion of black people out of the the population as a whole.  I think it's about 10% of the UK population who are black or Asian, so if there are 400 fans out of say, 4,000 travelling fans, then the proportion would be about right.  There always seem to be lots down the Villa, anyway.
There should be a lot more ethnic minorities down the Villa when you look at the demograph of the surrounding areas. It's slowly changing but not anywhere near fast enough. The club should be working hard to attract more of the local community to the matches.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2300 on: October 16, 2019, 01:48:17 PM »

There should be a lot more ethnic minorities down the Villa when you look at the demograph of the surrounding areas. It's slowly changing but not anywhere near fast enough. The club should be working hard to attract more of the local community to the matches.

The club does work hard in the community. But it’s got to be accepted and desired within those communities too. It’s not as easy as knocking on doors or temples, mosques, homes in the area and say come to the Villa because in many cases football isn’t as culturally accepted and there is still a genuine fear amongst some about the environment of the event.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2301 on: October 16, 2019, 02:14:15 PM »
TV I am not sure if the "cultural" issue is still there or concern about the environment when it comes to supporting your local club. At local level I don't see the open hostility towards fans of colour in the ground  and total disrespect for local community that persisted in the 70's and 80's. If I just speak for Birmingham A's of BAME I would say almost every household is into football and follow the Premier League however they are mostly GH's and support Liverpool or Man u now into second and third generation. This other than boiling my piss is a little bit strange as they totally miss the point of being a football supporter. I think the representation at Villa Park is good and getting better however  we need 4000+ at every match not a 100 or so.

Totally different matter when it comes to supporting England. I have followed England home and abroad and my experience has not been good. I feel comfortable and at home at Villa Park whereas I have never felt that I belong at an England gathering.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2302 on: October 16, 2019, 02:31:20 PM »

Totally different matter when it comes to supporting England. I have followed England home and abroad and my experience has not been good. I feel comfortable and at home at Villa Park whereas I have never felt that I belong at an England gathering.
Although I've only been to a few England games, I'd agree with this. When the cameras panned around the England crowd on Monday I spotted no BAME (which is not to say there weren't any ...).

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2303 on: October 16, 2019, 02:33:51 PM »
We'd better get used to this because several of our players will attract unwanted attention.
I think the NSWE / Smith revolution will, however, cause a different outcome to ones we've previously come to expect; as long as we don't screw up our Premier LEague status.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #2304 on: October 16, 2019, 03:06:37 PM »
New banner for Saturday. Excellent work by all concerned in getting this done and to those who contributed.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #2305 on: October 16, 2019, 03:12:06 PM »
TV I am not sure if the "cultural" issue is still there or concern about the environment when it comes to supporting your local club. At local level I don't see the open hostility towards fans of colour in the ground  and total disrespect for local community that persisted in the 70's and 80's. If I just speak for Birmingham A's of BAME I would say almost every household is into football and follow the Premier League however they are mostly GH's and support Liverpool or Man u now into second and third generation. This other than boiling my piss is a little bit strange as they totally miss the point of being a football supporter. I think the representation at Villa Park is good and getting better however  we need 4000+ at every match not a 100 or so.

I know I've been away for a while now, and growing up within those communities (I'm Indian, lived in Aston briefly as a kid, and went to school there in the 80's) football was never properly embraced. People liked it, but it was never ingrained so to speak. I imagine over time that has changed and it is more accepted, but for me at least when I go home it still doesn't feel completely accepted. It takes a lot of work to get parents. grandparents, first and second generation to be a part of it versus those who appreciate it is there but never truly invest in (I don't mean just financially, but more emotionally). But the club (and all clubs I would have thought) are working in their local communities to make match day a more welcoming and accommodating experience for those communities and frankly everyone who wants to go.

Offline Smoke

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #2306 on: October 16, 2019, 03:33:05 PM »
So does anyone still think he stamped on that dudes face on purpose at the beginning of the year?!

2019 quite the year for Our Ty

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2307 on: October 16, 2019, 03:58:35 PM »
New banner for Saturday. Excellent work by all concerned in getting this done and to those who contributed.

Thats superb. I take it that's the B6 project lads? Well done to them. Also after the furore around the idiots singing THAT song about Marvelous i love it if he has his own banner too.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2308 on: October 16, 2019, 04:19:49 PM »
So does anyone still think he stamped on that dudes face on purpose at the beginning of the year?!

2019 quite the year for Our Ty

I'm not sure why you feel the need to bring this up.  I felt at the time he could have done more to avoid it.  I still do.  The fact he's a nice bloke, great player and new media darling doesn't change that.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #2309 on: October 16, 2019, 04:29:09 PM »

Thats superb. I take it that's the B6 project lads? Well done to them. Also after the furore around the idiots singing THAT song about Marvelous i love it if he has his own banner too.

It is. My mistake for not crediting them for it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal