collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 886843 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #2325 on: October 16, 2019, 10:12:29 PM »
Tyrone Mings MBE.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #2326 on: October 17, 2019, 09:27:11 AM »
Majestic, Brilliant Emperor?  Sounds right.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #2327 on: October 17, 2019, 12:29:43 PM »
Until this week, I had no idea that Tyrone was a fellow West Country product

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #2328 on: October 17, 2019, 01:15:04 PM »
So does anyone still think he stamped on that dudes face on purpose at the beginning of the year?!

2019 quite the year for Our Ty

No I never thought it was deliberate as I was not aware of any history between players - so I asked why would he randomly do that unless a freak accident.

The Ibrahimovic one - im not so sure - there was needle first by Ibrahimovic then Mings landed on his face (still not 100% sure deliberate if you look at where Mings is looking) but The elbow to Mings was definitely deliberate

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2329 on: October 17, 2019, 01:18:55 PM »
Mings has definitely got a feisty side to his character, as recent 'words' with team mates like Heaton and Taylor show.  But that's absolutely fine by me, as we've been far too nice and accepting of medicocrity for too long, and I like that we have somebody like Tyrone who demands the best from everybody including himself.

Offline mike

« Reply #2330 on: October 17, 2019, 02:06:17 PM »
Mings has definitely got a feisty side to his character, as recent 'words' with team mates like Heaton and Taylor show.  But that's absolutely fine by me, as we've been far too nice and accepting of medicocrity for too long, and I like that we have somebody like Tyrone who demands the best from everybody including himself.

Don't forget El Ghazi.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2331 on: October 17, 2019, 02:37:05 PM »

Don't forget El Ghazi.

Grealish is the good cop, Mings the opposite.  I'd love him to have as fearsome a reputation as Keane during his time at Man U.  At least we wouldn't be performing poorly for the reason of not trying hard enough.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #2332 on: October 17, 2019, 03:48:37 PM »
Now Alan Brazil suggesting that Man Utd "could do a lot worse than spend a couple of hundred million" on Tyrone, Jack & SJM!! Apparently they would improve the United team.....

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2333 on: October 17, 2019, 05:03:21 PM »
Now Alan Brazil suggesting that Man Utd "could do a lot worse than spend a couple of hundred million" on Tyrone, Jack & SJM!! Apparently they would improve the United team.....

I have 2 major problems with this.
1. Man U need a functioning attack a lot more than a defender and a coule of midfielders, they don't own a single proper centre forward, just 2 inside lefts.
2. Brazil can fuck right off.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #2334 on: October 17, 2019, 05:16:44 PM »
We could do a lot worse than spend £50 on Harry Kane, Lionel Messi, and the time machine that'll get us an 18 year old Pele.

Words innit.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2335 on: October 17, 2019, 05:37:15 PM »
We could do a lot worse than spend £50 on Harry Kane, Lionel Messi, and the time machine that'll get us an 18 year old Pele.

Words innit.

He should listen to his friend Tony Cantscorino who insists TM is average and we got mugged off.

Amazing how one ghostwritten book (by the excellent Paul Kimmage) makes Tone an expert on all things football now.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #2336 on: October 17, 2019, 05:44:41 PM »

I have 2 major problems with this.
1. Man U need a functioning attack a lot more than a defender and a coule of midfielders, they don't own a single proper centre forward, just 2 inside lefts.
2. Brazil can fuck right off.

Thing is Leicester are a more attractive proposition these days than manure.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #2337 on: October 17, 2019, 05:46:13 PM »
Not bad is it? Jack free through the youth team, SJM £2.75m and Tyrone £20m initially rising to a reported £26m. So, 3 top class players for less than £30m !

Online BC Villain

« Reply #2338 on: October 17, 2019, 07:30:22 PM »

It was nearly 40 years ago Alan.  Get over it.

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #2339 on: October 17, 2019, 07:55:35 PM »

It was nearly 40 years ago Alan.  Get over it.

Perhaps someone should ring in and tell him this might be the best team we've had since 1981, then ask his opinion.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal