collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876635 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #420 on: February 07, 2019, 09:44:26 PM »
Darren Gough once watched me play Cricket for Newport Pagnell against Drayton Parslow a few years ago

thought I’d share

He used to play football for Stewkley in the Milton Keynes area too.

Blimey, that’s the next village along from me!

I used to play around that area too.  Wolverton, Bow Brickhill, Stony Stratford, New Bradwell, Old Bradwell, Roade, Nether Heyford, Kislingbury etc.  Local football, I loved it.

Gough  used to turn out for D Parslow until the rules forbade him
have to say he was a decent enough chap to talk to

I played cricket at most of those places above but not football
My eldest lad played for football for  Buckingham town and Stony Stratford as well as NP over time

where are you living now

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #421 on: February 07, 2019, 10:31:58 PM »
No-one except Mings can say for sure if he meant it or not but looking at it at normal speed I'd say there is at least some room for doubt, and I can understand why some are interpreting it as deliberate.  I thought there was scope for him to make more of an effort to avoid the guys head, but maybe that's an illusion. And maybe not.  It didn't look like he was being particularly careful.  To dismiss doubters as witch hunters is a bit strong.  But you can't condemn Mings either, because there is doubt both ways.   

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #422 on: February 07, 2019, 10:37:51 PM »
No-one except Mings can say for sure if he meant it or not but looking at it at normal speed I'd say there is at least some room for doubt, and I can understand why some are interpreting it as deliberate.  I thought there was scope for him to make more of an effort to avoid the guys head, but maybe that's an illusion. And maybe not.  It didn't look like he was being particularly careful.  To dismiss doubters as witch hunters is a bit strong.  But you can't condemn Mings either, because there is doubt both ways.   
Smith appears to be backing the player - any inkling of it being deliberate or the player having a malicious attitude and we should send him back - we shouldn't condone that type of behaviour on or off the field -  that's only if we find out he meant it of course

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #423 on: February 08, 2019, 10:47:21 AM »
It seems the media in general are determined to get Mings banned ,The first thing i heard when i turned Talkshite on this morning was another nobody Perry Groves telling us he is sure he Mings could have avoided the collision .The incident happened nearly a week ago and the F A have already said there  is no action to be taken .The thing that worries me is that Mings is a marked man and will be under enormous pressure every time he makes a challenge.Maybe Mings should consider suing  the likes of Gray,Halsey and Groves for these damaging remarks

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #424 on: February 08, 2019, 10:59:35 AM »
We should stop being a soft touch and report Gomes to the FA. Mings should also sue him for slander.

I'd hope that Purslow was doing something similar behind the scenes prior to an official report.

I also agree we need to stop being a soft touch and fight our corner robustly.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #425 on: February 08, 2019, 11:26:53 AM »
We should stop being a soft touch and report Gomes to the FA. Mings should also sue him for slander.

I'd hope that Purslow was doing something similar behind the scenes prior to an official report.

I also agree we need to stop being a soft touch and fight our corner robustly.
Totally agree Gomes should be reported to the FA, what he's said is scandalous. Also believe Tyrone should make a statement saying exactly that. He clearly has a case for suing him, but the only problem with that is this case will just carry on for months and months until the court case, whereas now it should blow over in a few weeks.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #426 on: February 08, 2019, 11:36:25 AM »
Totally agree.  A culture has been allowed to grow that considers it permissible to say anything you want regardless of its truth or the damage it will cause simply because "it is only football".

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #427 on: February 08, 2019, 12:39:01 PM »
Jesus Christ! That Reading manager sounds like my wife's mate when she gets dumped by a boyfriend (again)...saying the same thing 30 fucking times round and round and round like a fucking mantra of self-pity.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #428 on: February 08, 2019, 12:43:29 PM »
It actually starts to make me feel nauseous now everytime I hear some other irrelevant ex player spouting off about it.  And also you watch the first thing he does tonight remotely like a foul he will get booked for.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #429 on: February 08, 2019, 12:48:43 PM »
Everyone must be outraged about everything. It’s the law.
Even when it’s fuck all to do with you.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #430 on: February 08, 2019, 12:49:59 PM »
2019. The year of the offended.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #431 on: February 08, 2019, 12:54:25 PM »

Yes. Lets hope we do.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #432 on: February 08, 2019, 12:55:41 PM »
Until this week Reading were just another club who i had nothing against. However, after the way they have acted and continue to act i don't mind admitting i hope they are relegated .Their manager should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute for his comments

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #433 on: February 08, 2019, 01:16:26 PM »
Everyone must be outraged about everything. It’s the law.
Even when it’s fuck all to do with you.

Welcome to Snowflakia.

I wish this would just blow over before Tyrone is turned into a post-Coleman Neil Taylor.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #434 on: February 08, 2019, 01:33:06 PM »
Eddie Howe 100% behind Mings

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal