collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876072 times)

Offline LukeJames

Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #375 on: February 05, 2019, 07:05:29 PM »
Tyrone Deon Mings

Trod on enemy.... Sing

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #376 on: February 05, 2019, 07:28:56 PM »
It's the lack of a hop, skip or jump in trying to step away that gets me.
And that this is a repeat offense

If he was playing for Reading and did this then majority would be saying he should be banned.

Why would all these ex players and refs be saying he should be banned .

As yes it's people's interpretation of the incident , however those that play the game would know that there was a concerted effort to step out the way.

Footy, let me explain it to you like this: I am an ex-referee who officiated at a relatively high standard.  I have viewed this incident just the once the same as the referee on the day, and that was deliberately so as to have an objective view.  As I have posted previously had I been the referee on Saturday I would have seen the incident exactly the way I imagine the match referee saw it and carried on playing.  The only reason I would have stopped play would be when my attention was drawn to the fact that there was  possibility  a serious injury.  It was unfortunate for the Reading player but Mings was blameless, I've seen and dealt with a lot worse.  I'm particularly clever but one thing I do know is that I was a fairly decent referee, I have awards for it.  It's really time to let it go.

Yes I let it go just responding to all the stuff I read on here.
No worries here.
I respect your response
As I say he wouldn't get a character reference in court as he is a repeat offender.
But ok I hear what your interpretation and I will let go.
I felt I needed to respond or bite to what I think were some quite stony-hearted responses to a man having his face smashed.

But yes. No more from me on this matter.
Cheers Dave Good to hear your refs view and consideration to matter based on your undoubtedly experience and that's good enough from me to accept that it could have been an accident .
Thanks.

Up the villa.

Glad to be of help and, despite proof reading my note before posting the highlighted bit should have read, ' I'm not particularly clever'.

Well I read it as clever and being self aware so respected the intelligence !?

Haha all good.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #377 on: February 05, 2019, 07:50:10 PM »
Footy, the main problem here is that it's really hard to find footage of this played in real time, if you see it at that speed it looks like an accident. If you see the 2 frames a second super slo-mo version that's being shared on the internet then it looks much worse because it tricks you into thinking he had time to react. Oliveira fell into him and he tries to skip out of the way with his left and then, when he can't regain his balance, tries to place his right foot where he won't stand on an outstretched arm.

I've played a fair bit of rugby and, like Mings, I'm a fairly awkward looking player. In my personal experience if someone falls into you like that your biggest concerns are to not land on their back, to avoid their arms and to try to not let your heels flick up (as that's where you expect their head to be going).

The truth is any contact sport will sometimes have nasty accidents, Oliveira will have a bit of pain and a couple of interesting scars but he'll be playing again in a couple of weeks. I feel sorry for him, but other players have been hurt far more seriously and it's purely the grizzly looking photos that have made this an on-going story.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #378 on: February 05, 2019, 07:59:04 PM »
An accident is an accident.  What happened between Cleverly and Jack is a case in point.  In the split second of a sporting accident a quicker response might result in a worse outcome.  Suppose Tyrone had bent his leg to avoid boot into face but his knee had hit  and crushed Oliviera's trachea?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #379 on: February 05, 2019, 08:23:43 PM »
He will have scars.  Ryan Mason has lost his career.  Oliviera's career is safe.  It was an accident.

Offline colin69

« Reply #380 on: February 05, 2019, 08:51:14 PM »
I’ve watched it a number of times, sometimes I think it’s an accident and sometimes I don’t. It’s a tough one to call, but one thing I do know it aint a stamp.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #381 on: February 05, 2019, 09:06:05 PM »
I really am about to lose my shit here.  So I think I need a break.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #382 on: February 05, 2019, 09:35:26 PM »

Is that another anogram?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #383 on: February 05, 2019, 09:41:58 PM »
Only if it spells skillzfooty

Offline brian green

« Reply #384 on: February 05, 2019, 10:25:32 PM »
Skillzfooty offence alert.

Many years ago a very promising Doncaster centre forward  called Derek Dooley broke his leg during a game.  One of his leg bones pierced his skin and became contaminated with soil.  He developed septicemia and had to have his leg amputated.  That WAS a nasty accident.  I do not recall blame ever being mentioned.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #385 on: February 05, 2019, 11:54:21 PM »
Footy, the main problem here is that it's really hard to find footage of this played in real time, if you see it at that speed it looks like an accident. If you see the 2 frames a second super slo-mo version that's being shared on the internet then it looks much worse because it tricks you into thinking he had time to react. Oliveira fell into him and he tries to skip out of the way with his left and then, when he can't regain his balance, tries to place his right foot where he won't stand on an outstretched arm.

I've played a fair bit of rugby and, like Mings, I'm a fairly awkward looking player. In my personal experience if someone falls into you like that your biggest concerns are to not land on their back, to avoid their arms and to try to not let your heels flick up (as that's where you expect their head to be going).

The truth is any contact sport will sometimes have nasty accidents, Oliveira will have a bit of pain and a couple of interesting scars but he'll be playing again in a couple of weeks. I feel sorry for him, but other players have been hurt far more seriously and it's purely the grizzly looking photos that have made this an on-going story.

Ok points taken.
I've made mine and you yours and can certainly get where you're coming from and saying.

I'm a reasonable character so can see there is clearly varied opinion.
And also see people have own experience and knowledge first hand.
Also I have my own unfortunate experiences which play own factor but I do understand what youre explaining .

I won't make any more comments on this only address a couple more things.
Thanks for addressing though.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #386 on: February 05, 2019, 11:58:48 PM »

Kippax I totally respect you on here and maybe there is varying opinions and I like to state and respond to things however I won't make any more comments in regards to this matter and get that their are complete different thoughts and feelings on the incident to how I was interpreting it.

All good ok.
Please accept we have different opinion and I have strong views on this matter but as I say I'm not making more comments
And certainly don't want you losing your shit and breaking away.
Thanks and I hope we can just understand we see things differently.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #387 on: February 06, 2019, 12:02:00 AM »
It's the lack of a hop, skip or jump in trying to step away that gets me.
And that this is a repeat offense

If he was playing for Reading and did this then majority would be saying he should be banned.

Why would all these ex players and refs be saying he should be banned .

As yes it's people's interpretation of the incident , however those that play the game would know that there was a concerted effort to step out the way.

It's not a repeat offence. It's not an offence at all. And I couldn't care less what a couple of attention-seeking former players trying to earn a few quid out of some manufactured outrage think.
Similar dave we see different to an extent and that others views have or have not some credibility.
No problems here.
Thanks and I can at least get that there are some  explayers commenting which can annoy you.

I'm settled and at peace all done for me on mings incident.
Thanks

Offline brian green

« Reply #388 on: February 06, 2019, 07:45:29 AM »
I am not at peace about it at all.  We had a player on our books for one week and he was attacked and condemned out of hand by our own supporters in large numbers on a fabricated charge.  I am done with commenting on it but I shall not forget it.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #389 on: February 06, 2019, 08:24:38 AM »

Which is exactly why VAR is going to be an absolute farce for decisions of opinion rather than fact....the more you slow it down the more you can make it look how you want it to suit your opinion. 

The posting on social media of the picture of his face afterwards caused the outrage in the TalkSPORT wannabes like tw@ Kitson - suppose we have to trust that was a genuine undoctored picture :-)

Accidents happen & that was exactly what this was
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 08:27:18 AM by Gareth »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal