collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 892335 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #5565 on: October 18, 2022, 07:32:17 AM »
It’s a feature of his game, sadly when he fucks up its often a goal. The last 3 we have conceded he has been at fault for.
Although Martinez should have saved the free kick.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 07:38:14 AM by ChicagoLion »

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #5566 on: October 18, 2022, 08:36:54 AM »
He was terrible for that Sterling chance when he hit the bar too. Ramsey and Luiz also far too weak in the challenge that time. Mings tends to lose all composure after a rick and that was the case on Saturday again. Only one way to get back on the horse and that's to quieten Mitrovic on Thursday.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #5567 on: October 18, 2022, 08:50:12 AM »
He was terrible for that Sterling chance when he hit the bar too. Ramsey and Luiz also far too weak in the challenge that time. Mings tends to lose all composure after a rick and that was the case on Saturday again. Only one way to get back on the horse and that's to quieten Mitrovic on Thursday.
Horse has bolted. Mings will only ever improve once Gerrard leaves.
Be very difficult to quieten Mitro.
For Mitrovic this Prem season 7 goals in 9 matches
And last season in Championship he broke records -43 goals in 46 matches last season

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #5568 on: October 18, 2022, 08:54:52 AM »
I think he has been much better recently and felt a bit for him with Southgate there, as he had been playing just as well if not better than some of the centre halves who have been more in favour.  His record for England is also very good and he has never let them down, but alas I think that mistake will have done for any World Cup chance.

I'd rather we had him than anyone else had him.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #5569 on: October 18, 2022, 08:57:20 AM »
Be very difficult to quieten Mitro.
For Mitrovic this Prem season 7 goals in 9 matches
And last season in Championship he broke records -43 goals in 46 matches last season

Look at how he played against Haaland - I think he'll relish Mitrovic!

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5570 on: October 18, 2022, 09:00:22 AM »
I think he has been much better recently and felt a bit for him with Southgate there, as he had been playing just as well if not better than some of the centre halves who have been more in favour.  His record for England is also very good and he has never let them down, but alas I think that mistake will have done for any World Cup chance.

Agreed.  Gutted for him that he blew any slim WC chance on Sunday, but generally he's still been very good for us this season.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #5571 on: October 18, 2022, 09:07:37 AM »
I think having been somewhat undermined and pressured by the manager, it's understandable that he's made a few mistakes.

This is a (social) media thing. There is nothing to indicate there is a problem between Mings and Gerrard other than people not associated with the club stoking the subject for clicks.
I think it was Gerrard who stoked things up.
Theres a lot of tension and its been further scrutinized due to Gerrard handling of affairs. So it's then become a focus on Mings performance.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #5572 on: October 18, 2022, 09:43:44 AM »
I think having been somewhat undermined and pressured by the manager, it's understandable that he's made a few mistakes.

This is a (social) media thing. There is nothing to indicate there is a problem between Mings and Gerrard other than people not associated with the club stoking the subject for clicks.
I think it was Gerrard who stoked things up.
Theres a lot of tension and its been further scrutinized due to Gerrard handling of affairs. So it's then become a focus on Mings performance.

What actual evidence do you have of "a lot of tension"? It's other people projecting something onto it they want to be there.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #5573 on: October 18, 2022, 10:36:54 AM »

Agreed.  Gutted for him that he blew any slim WC chance on Sunday, but generally he's still been very good for us this season.

If Southgate is basing his CB picks on defenders avoiding high profile mistakes, the likes of Maguire, Stones etc would never get a look in. England have lots of CBs around the same level. Don't think it would be a selection travesty if Mings isn't selected but at same time he is solid in a 2 or 3 as he proved at last Euros.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5574 on: October 18, 2022, 11:36:41 AM »

If Southgate is basing his CB picks on defenders avoiding high profile mistakes, the likes of Maguire, Stones etc would never get a look in. England have lots of CBs around the same level. Don't think it would be a selection travesty if Mings isn't selected but at same time he is solid in a 2 or 3 as he proved at last Euros.
But he's already out in the cold.  Only outstanding form would have given the chance to get back in the squad.  He was at least making people ask the queston with the way he way playing, but Sunday gave Southgate all the excuses he needs to continue to leave him out.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #5575 on: October 18, 2022, 02:36:15 PM »
Of course he'll play. Gerrard's comments on Mings after the game:

"To be fair to Tyrone, I've been in dressing rooms where people make mistakes and don't put their hand up and take responsibility for them," he said.

"Tyrone's done that and I've told him there was no need because his reaction was superb from there and his form's improved dramatically in my opinion. He's been one of our strongest performers."

That will not stop the detractors from claiming it is everything from Gerrards arrogance to a race issue that is the problem with Mings.

I'm firmly in the camp that having the armband taken away has actually got him back into some very good form (Mings usual brain farts recently aside)

My issue was not Mings losing it but McGinn being given it as that has meant he has played way too many times since

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5576 on: October 18, 2022, 03:12:03 PM »

Mings is only 5 months off his 30th birthday. What you see is what you get with him, and he's unlikely to get much better.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #5577 on: October 19, 2022, 08:00:55 AM »

Mings is only 5 months off his 30th birthday. What you see is what you get with him, and he's unlikely to get much better.

Which is a very competent defender who makes as many goal saving blocks as he does ricks, I don't get the online hostility towards him.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #5578 on: October 19, 2022, 08:19:07 AM »
Of course he'll play. Gerrard's comments on Mings after the game:

"To be fair to Tyrone, I've been in dressing rooms where people make mistakes and don't put their hand up and take responsibility for them," he said.

"Tyrone's done that and I've told him there was no need because his reaction was superb from there and his form's improved dramatically in my opinion. He's been one of our strongest performers."

That will not stop the detractors from claiming it is everything from Gerrards arrogance to a race issue that is the problem with Mings.

I'm firmly in the camp that having the armband taken away has actually got him back into some very good form (Mings usual brain farts recently aside)

My issue was not Mings losing it but McGinn being given it as that has meant he has played way too many times since
I agree with this particularly about the captaincy, but if not McGinn then who else??

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #5579 on: October 19, 2022, 08:44:37 AM »

Which is a very competent defender who makes as many goal saving blocks as he does ricks, I don't get the online hostility towards him.
There is some of that no doubt on other platforms which I do not subscribe to,but the comments on this forum that point out that he makes too many mistakes is because he makes too many mistakes.

I would add though that the Martinez fuck up count does not get the attention it deserves.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 08:46:27 AM by ChicagoLion »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal