collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 889602 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #2925 on: July 18, 2020, 06:09:27 PM »
Would this be the same Tyrone Mings who has been coached by Dean Smith into the England side and who richer clubs may now want to buy?
Or was he coached into the England side by John Terry?
or was there just a lack of top quality England defenders?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2926 on: July 18, 2020, 06:13:55 PM »
We have to remember though, that our recruitment record is a joke, or, I should say, our coaching of players purchased has been a joke, and other managers will see the opportunity in Mings to get him coached properly, put proper players next to him, and watch him flourish, a la Gueye, Traore, Veretout, Ayew, Stevens, Hogg, Gollini.  I will leave it there because there are so many of them.

How much of that is down to coaching and how much is "He's shit get rid of him" after five minutes?

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2927 on: July 18, 2020, 06:16:10 PM »
Would this be the same Tyrone Mings who has been coached by Dean Smith into the England side and who richer clubs may now want to buy?
Or was he coached into the England side by John Terry?
or was there just a lack of top quality England defenders?

How can you say that when England can call on players like John Sto-actually, good point.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2928 on: July 18, 2020, 06:18:30 PM »
Last season Mings was awesome in the second division. This season, in the top division, he is one of main reasons why we are where we are. He may yet go on to play in defence for Juve but he has been a disappointment so far.

Offline devilla

• GM : Nov, 2012
« Reply #2929 on: July 18, 2020, 06:35:15 PM »
We have to remember though, that our recruitment record is a joke, or, I should say, our coaching of players purchased has been a joke, and other managers will see the opportunity in Mings to get him coached properly, put proper players next to him, and watch him flourish, a la Gueye, Traore, Veretout, Ayew, Stevens, Hogg, Gollini.  I will leave it there because there are so many of them.

How much of that is down to coaching and how much is "He's shit get rid of him" after five minutes?

This is exactly what has been grinding my gears for years. Good coaches will see the potential and spend time with players developing them. As you say there are so many examples that it really calls into question the quality of the coaching set up. There's far too much of the "he's shit get rid" mentality.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2930 on: July 18, 2020, 06:41:04 PM »

This is exactly what has been grinding my gears for years. Good coaches will see the potential and spend time with players developing them. As you say there are so many examples that it really calls into question the quality of the coaching set up. There's far too much of the "he's shit get rid" mentality.

Which doesn't necessarily come from the coaches.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2931 on: July 18, 2020, 07:36:56 PM »
He only started playing centre back regularly in the championship with us. Since then he has massively helped us win promotion, got in the England team and had some good games at this level. The keeper changing behind him since Christmas hasn't helped, the changing of centre half partners hasn't either, or indeed full backs outside him in his first season in that position at this level. Hes not been as bad as some make out, and has not been as good as he was in the league below. As far as coaching goes, Konsa has improved as the season has gone on, as has Luiz. Grealish looked incredible in the first few months of the season. Point being some players have improved, some have fallen away, but I don't think it is all down to the coaching.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #2932 on: July 18, 2020, 08:16:57 PM »
He's fine, just struggling with his form lately, like pretty much everyone in this team.

If he stays next season, he'll be an asset in the Championship. Like he was last season.

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #2933 on: July 18, 2020, 08:32:18 PM »
He only started playing centre back regularly in the championship with us. Since then he has massively helped us win promotion, got in the England team and had some good games at this level. The keeper changing behind him since Christmas hasn't helped, the changing of centre half partners hasn't either, or indeed full backs outside him in his first season in that position at this level. Hes not been as bad as some make out, and has not been as good as he was in the league below. As far as coaching goes, Konsa has improved as the season has gone on, as has Luiz. Grealish looked incredible in the first few months of the season. Point being some players have improved, some have fallen away, but I don't think it is all down to the coaching.

Finally, some perspective. The abuse Tyrone is getting is way over the top. He's made mistakes but I'd much rather be with him than without him, and we were a lot worse defensively when he was out. When did everyone become so eager to turn against our own players?

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #2934 on: July 18, 2020, 08:37:04 PM »
Yep, we've got some players who aren't good enough but he isn't one of them.  He's suffered a big drop in form.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2935 on: July 18, 2020, 09:42:49 PM »
We also have to remember, Tyrone is not an experienced player at any level particularly.  He was on the bench or not in the squad an awful lot before he joined Villa. I don't think he's shit at all.  He's made mistakes, he is asked to zonally mark, which i think it too easily overcome, which is why we concede so many goals from set pieces, which is absolutely a coaching issue.  He needs better players around him, arguably why he's played well for England?

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2936 on: July 18, 2020, 11:24:07 PM »

Finally, some perspective. The abuse Tyrone is getting is way over the top. He's made mistakes but I'd much rather be with him than without him, and we were a lot worse defensively when he was out. When did everyone become so eager to turn against our own players?

Yes I think the Tyrone stuff has been stupid. Overall in his 18 months at the club he’s been a cracking player. I’d be delighted if he remained here.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2937 on: July 19, 2020, 08:40:51 AM »

Yes I think the Tyrone stuff has been stupid. Overall in his 18 months at the club he’s been a cracking player. I’d be delighted if he remained here.

Agreed.

He's a good, solid player. Like the rest of the squad, he's been tested against the best in the world and isn't that experienced himself at this level.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2938 on: July 19, 2020, 10:18:31 AM »
Yep agree too, he’s a great asset and his experience this season will be vital next season whatever league we are in.

Offline frank black

« Reply #2939 on: July 19, 2020, 10:24:30 AM »
It would be great for him to stay, but I expect he will want to maintain his England squad place.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal