collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 894689 times)

Online KRS

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #2100 on: August 29, 2019, 09:09:18 PM »
Congrats Tyrone...I had absolute faith in you being called up for England...

If he doesn't make the England squad by the end of the season then we'll know Southgate has something wrong in his brain.

...sooner than expected admittedly! 😊👍

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #2101 on: August 29, 2019, 09:59:19 PM »
Great news and thoroughly deserved. Well done Mingsy!

Offline mike

« Reply #2102 on: August 29, 2019, 10:18:14 PM »
I have to admit, when I got over the post promotion euphoria, I wondered if Mings was really going to be up to it in the PL or was it my Villa goggles that had made him look so good. Having watched him this season, he fully deserves this and is in that line from Southgate, through Mellberg.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2103 on: August 29, 2019, 10:23:07 PM »
Bit late on this but Ty being called up is wonderful news. I do worry since he's injury prone that it increases the chances of him picking up an injury (or aggravating his groin if that's still a niggle after Friday), but I suppose the chances of him playing many international minutes is slim for the moment.......

........right??
Who knows? Southgate pointed out that one big thing in his favour is that he's a left sided defender. It's a bit of a niche position so you never know.

Some news site said Southgate will probably play him as left back as he is missing some and Mings could play there. Yes, take one of the most consistent Left sided centre backs in 2019 and play him as Left Back.....
That's not what i meant. His position is left side of the central pairing no left back.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2104 on: August 29, 2019, 11:07:50 PM »
"He had a big injury at Bournemouth but I really like his leadership qualities.

"He's an outstanding athlete and I see a lot of potential and time for growth given the number of games he's played.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #2105 on: August 29, 2019, 11:13:09 PM »
Wolves fans fuming that Coady isn't in the England squad. They reckon he's much better than Mings. Tyrone is a special talent and a better player than even Harry Maguire in my opinion. He's left footed so that should give him an advantage. Coady is good but not exceptional.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2106 on: August 29, 2019, 11:49:38 PM »
Bit late on this but Ty being called up is wonderful news. I do worry since he's injury prone that it increases the chances of him picking up an injury (or aggravating his groin if that's still a niggle after Friday), but I suppose the chances of him playing many international minutes is slim for the moment.......

........right??
Who knows? Southgate pointed out that one big thing in his favour is that he's a left sided defender. It's a bit of a niche position so you never know.

Some news site said Southgate will probably play him as left back as he is missing some and Mings could play there. Yes, take one of the most consistent Left sided centre backs in 2019 and play him as Left Back.....
That's not what i meant. His position is left side of the central pairing no left back.

Sorry, I knew what you meant, only used your post to illustrate other external peoples assumption as left back play is the only reason he was chosen.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2107 on: August 30, 2019, 07:03:54 AM »
It's well deserved and he seems genuinely chuffed with it. Really pleased for him.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2108 on: August 30, 2019, 09:54:00 AM »
It's only a week since he needed an injection in his groin.  Are we expecting him to be fit tomorrow?

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2109 on: August 30, 2019, 11:19:40 AM »
Wolves fans fuming that Coady isn't in the England squad. They reckon he's much better than Mings. Tyrone is a special talent and a better player than even Harry Maguire in my opinion. He's left footed so that should give him an advantage. Coady is good but not exceptional.

Whenever I've watched Wolves recently, I've always thought that Coady is one of their worst players. Boly is much better than him.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #2110 on: August 30, 2019, 11:32:11 AM »
Coady in the England squad? Surely he's going to be in the Spain, Brazil and Barcelona squads first.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #2111 on: August 30, 2019, 01:08:12 PM »
I read the first two pages on the MM England thread last night and, while there was the usual stuff about Coady being better etc, in fairness one or two of them felt that the Emperor was indeed a good player and warranted his call-up.  One even suggested that he wished they had signed him.  Left-footer and all that.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2113 on: August 30, 2019, 01:30:32 PM »
That thread on MM was amusing when I read it yesterday. I think it was there where one was saying he can't believe Joshua King never gets an England call up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal