collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wigan v Villa post-match thread  (Read 31020 times)

Offline rougegorge

Re: Wigan v Villa post-match thread
« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2019, 05:51:12 PM »
I'd that there was some pretty unsavoury behaviour amongst our fans today, too.
- A punch-up just in front of me - one of the perpetrators I've seen doing it before.
- A guy at the end desperate to start something and claiming "you obviously don't go to all the games" to someone with a season ticket and a regular away-fan.

Everything is unravelling in front of our eyes ...

I go to more aways than homes and there are some depressing fucking Herberts who follow us.

Absolutely this. It also seems the bigger the allocation, the worse our support becomes. I’ve taken my 10 year old to the last 2 away games and you’re more aware of the twattish behaviour when you have kids with you.

At Preston we had to dodge the flying beer on the concourse to make it to the toilets where several people were pissing in the sinks (whilst singing “we’ll piss where we want”). Yesterday there were people openly taking cocaine whilst standing by the urinals.

The day was topped off by the bellend behind us trying to smash up two seats when we went 3 down. On a positive note I managed not to see any of our fans fighting each other which makes a change, although I’m not surprised that it did happen.

It's the fixture.

Every single year, we have people relaying tales of absolute cuntery from our fans at Wigan. It's the big allocation plus the lack of glamour which means it's always a Saturday 3 o'clock kick off which means plenty of booze time.

Blackburn is the same.
Plus the home fans are also less likely to respond to the aggravation - unlike  perhaps bigger cities like Leeds or Sheffield
Well, theoretically the nutters are all away members or season ticket holders as the allocation didn't go beyond that.

At QPR, my daughter had to help a girl of about 12, who was terrified by the presence and appalling behaviour of several drunken blokes in the ladies' toilets. 'They're unisex luv!' was their so-called humorous riposte.

I don't get why this kind of behaviour is tolerated, yet almost to be expected in the away end. There'd be a different outcome if they were caught in public.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2019, 07:13:45 PM »
I'd that there was some pretty unsavoury behaviour amongst our fans today, too.
- A punch-up just in front of me - one of the perpetrators I've seen doing it before.
- A guy at the end desperate to start something and claiming "you obviously don't go to all the games" to someone with a season ticket and a regular away-fan.

Everything is unravelling in front of our eyes ...

I go to more aways than homes and there are some depressing fucking Herberts who follow us.

Absolutely this. It also seems the bigger the allocation, the worse our support becomes. I’ve taken my 10 year old to the last 2 away games and you’re more aware of the twattish behaviour when you have kids with you.

At Preston we had to dodge the flying beer on the concourse to make it to the toilets where several people were pissing in the sinks (whilst singing “we’ll piss where we want”). Yesterday there were people openly taking cocaine whilst standing by the urinals.

The day was topped off by the bellend behind us trying to smash up two seats when we went 3 down. On a positive note I managed not to see any of our fans fighting each other which makes a change, although I’m not surprised that it did happen.

It's the fixture.

Every single year, we have people relaying tales of absolute cuntery from our fans at Wigan. It's the big allocation plus the lack of glamour which means it's always a Saturday 3 o'clock kick off which means plenty of booze time.

Blackburn is the same.
Plus the home fans are also less likely to respond to the aggravation - unlike  perhaps bigger cities like Leeds or Sheffield
Well, theoretically the nutters are all away members or season ticket holders as the allocation didn't go beyond that.

At QPR, my daughter had to help a girl of about 12, who was terrified by the presence and appalling behaviour of several drunken blokes in the ladies' toilets. 'They're unisex luv!' was their so-called humorous riposte.

I don't get why this kind of behaviour is tolerated, yet almost to be expected in the away end. There'd be a different outcome if they were caught in public.

Well that’s terrible, glad it wasn’t my daughter & I would like to think that proper Villa fans would have something to say to those idiots.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2019, 07:34:56 PM »
If you look at it purely from comparing the players in the team now compared to the last couple of seasons, I think we look weaker, more unbalanced and we certainly lack leadership and conviction in comparison.
Issues as i see it;

Terry > Tuanzebe. Terry a bit better in terms of performance but more significantly a real leader and driving force from defence. Add to this the fact that Chester has to swap positions to accomodate Tuenzebe and this is a significantly weaker area. Hause has come in and has hardly played for a year or so, he'll need time. Can he offer the leadership skills needed at the back?

Snograss > Bolasie. Again, Snodgrass consistantly better on the pitch, also appeared to be a leader further up the pitch, always shouting, rallying and encouraging. Bolasie just waves his arms about when things dont quite come off, which is quite frequent.

Admomah (in form) > Adomah (out of form) / El Ghazi. Adaomah had a great run last season, scoring loads from wide and playing his part in purposful attacks consistantly. Not been anything like this season, and aside from a few good matches and moments in matches El Ghazi has not been up to it.

Johnstone > Whoever has been in goal this season. Johnstone simply much better than anyone who has been in goal this season and that instills confidence in the whole defence.

Grealish injured at the moment - this is clearly having a big impact on our ability to create chances and at generally keeping hold of the ball in advanced positions. Took him a little while to get going this season but was in great form before the injury and has been missed badly since.

Jedinak - Did anyone else notice that when he was in the team in the previous two seasons (in midfield that is), we always had a way better win rate. Another leader, a good pro and a player that wouldn't let the opposition dominate the midfield. Is he unfit? Is he finished? I don't know but he's certainly missed this season. Imagine having him (in form), McGinn and Grealish as the midfield.

Kodjia - Our best player in his first season, injured last but back, looking fit and being played out of position. OK, Abraham has been great and his goalscoring record is superb so it counters the argument but Kodjia is redundant for me at the moment. Unless he's playing where Abraham is you might as well not bother.

Positives this season are Abrahams goals and McGinn is an improvement on playing BB or Whelen there but thats about it. We still havent sorted out the problem left back position that we've had for months, years even and not playing Hutton in a team lacks leadership and appears to lack people who give a fuck is a bad decision. Not saying he's going to give you John Terry's influence but he's surely got more of a mouth than Bree, who doesn't appear to speak.

In summary, i think we need to get Grealish back, get Chester back on the right, hope the new GK turns out to be a good one, get a good left back, a good winger, play Hutton instead of Bree and get a couple of leaders in at centre back (left) and centre midfield (alongside McGinn). And if Abraham does end up leaving, give Kodjia his place back. This should enable any money to be spent elsewhere, preferably on proper signings rather than loans.

Grabban, playoffs aside, was superb for us aswell. could play on left or up top. Great movement, touch and goals. Tore Tuanzebe a new one in the 5-5.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #258 on: January 13, 2019, 08:06:48 PM »
Time for a change around. Too many not putting it in. Atleast you’ll get 8 putting in the effort from this team.

———————Kalinic
———Hutton - Chester - Hause
Adomah——-Hourihane-—Bjarnasson
————McGinn———COH
—— —-Davies———Tammy

not usually a fan of three at the back but its obvious something has to urgently change. Ive no idea if Doyle-Hayes is up to it or not, but would prefer him getting a chance than a charlatan like Lansbury. We simply have to start playing some more direct football until our midfield options are drastically different. Davis should make it stick up top and lets start playing from there.

----------Kalinic
--Chester, Elphick, Hause
Bree, JDH, Hourihane, Hutton
----------McGinn
------Davis, Abraham

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #259 on: January 13, 2019, 08:15:23 PM »
That middle four though 😱

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #260 on: January 13, 2019, 08:18:21 PM »

Like something you’d start at home to Newport County in the first round of the Carabao Cup.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #261 on: January 13, 2019, 08:37:11 PM »

Like something you’d start at home to Newport County in the first round of the Carabao Cup.

...and probably still lose!

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #262 on: January 13, 2019, 08:44:07 PM »
Time for a change around. Too many not putting it in. Atleast you’ll get 8 putting in the effort from this team.

———————Kalinic
———Hutton - Chester - Hause
Adomah——-Hourihane-—Bjarnasson
————McGinn———COH
—— —-Davies———Tammy

And do you reckon we would get the ball up to Abraham or Kieron

not usually a fan of three at the back but its obvious something has to urgently change. Ive no idea if Doyle-Hayes is up to it or not, but would prefer him getting a chance than a charlatan like Lansbury. We simply have to start playing some more direct football until our midfield options are drastically different. Davis should make it stick up top and lets start playing from there.

----------Kalinic
--Chester, Elphick, Hause
Bree, JDH, Hourihane, Hutton
----------McGinn
------Davis, Abraham

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #263 on: January 13, 2019, 09:44:48 PM »
Myself and Fingers of this parish were noting at Preston how at least when you saw the young lads with their phones in the air, filming themselves throwing expensive, shit, beer over each other, the phones were like a lighthouse guiding non-arseholes away from the rocks, as it were.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #264 on: January 13, 2019, 10:40:14 PM »
That was, without a doubt the worst performance I can recall since last Saturday. Or Coventry away 1992 if i'm being more honest.

I'm not having this Grealish out means everyone else turns to shit excuse. How can missing one, very good player effect the rest of them that much?.

He draws defenders to him; two, three, four at a time. It gives the rest space to play in. He also wins dangerous set pieces, which we have been good at converting.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2019, 09:55:07 AM »
Don't know to say about it apart from we were rubbish and that's putting it mildly.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2019, 10:31:41 AM »
That was, without a doubt the worst performance I can recall since last Saturday. Or Coventry away 1992 if i'm being more honest.

I'm not having this Grealish out means everyone else turns to shit excuse. How can missing one, very good player effect the rest of them that much?.

He draws defenders to him; two, three, four at a time. It gives the rest space to play in. He also wins dangerous set pieces, which we have been good at converting.

Exactly

He's very important in helping us keep the ball up front and look for options.

Without that the ball just comes straight back to us.

We have nobody else who can do that for us. The closest is probably Kodjia with his annoying "surrounded by three opposition players but determined to try to dribble out of trouble rather than look for a team mate" routine.

Offline vilan461

« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2019, 10:44:45 AM »
a truly awful insipid toothless display no passion no pride no purpose!!!----Tammy on his own ----McGinn on his own----back 4 again a shambles,no cohesion no talking between the new keeper and defence, highlighted by a booted clearance for a corner virtually out of his hands--!! a back pass for a corner --10 foot from Kalinic, not a single shot on target---midfield yet again conceded, far far too many uninterested individuals,  ball juggling by Whelan to give a soft soft penalty away, Wigan fans taking the p***   Villa fans joining in with them  --quite rightly too,!!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #268 on: January 14, 2019, 01:11:57 PM »
Well that’s terrible, glad it wasn’t my daughter & I would like to think that proper Villa fans would have something to say to those idiots.

It is terrible.

The problem is that there are too many idiots, and they aren't the sort of people that most people would want to challenge for fear of the no-doubt aggressive response they'd get.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2019, 02:35:24 PM »

It is terrible.

The problem is that there are too many idiots, and they aren't the sort of people that most people would want to challenge for fear of the no-doubt aggressive response they'd get.

One of the problems is that there are a few too many who just go along to get as drunk as humanly  possible and have no interest in what happens on the pitch. I know one chap who left after Wigan's first goal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal